• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we in the Neo-Golden Age of Survival Horror?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The releases that will take place in 2023 are good video games, although the past is unrepeatable, are we in a golden age of survival horror?

Dead Space Remake

Alone in the Dark Remake

Resident evil 4 Remake

Alan wake 2

Fatal frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Silent hill 2 remake

Greyhill Incident

Routine

The Callisto Protocol

Last edited:

kunonabi

Not even close. We're certainly better off than we were but the only real new title of worth was RE2 and Capcom has already completely squandered that fresh start.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Happy Feed Me GIF

Naked Lunch

Things always move in cycles - and survival horror is for sure on the rise.

...that and Strategy RPGs - which is a pleasant surprise. (Tactics Ogre, FFT Remake, FE, Vanaris, Front Mission, Triangle Strat, and others im forgetting).

SpiceRacz

None of these games have even come out yet. RE4 and probably the Dead Space remake are the only sure things on that list. The rest could be total duds.

I will get Dead Space and RE4 eventually, but both are redundant. They were easily available prior and played fine, unless you're a baby about anything that doesn't feel like a standardized shooter.
I hope Alone in the Dark is a decent 7 to 8 out of 10, but they've failed many times before.
The Alan Wake section in Control was very good, so I'm looking forward to what they are planning - though I wasn't big on the original.
I've waited since 2008 for Fatal Frame 4, so I'll get it no matter what. However, FF5 was not very good and I fear this one is closer to that than the better titles in the series like FF2.

Resident Evil definitely sparked new interest in the genre, which is good. Especially since indie walking sims never did it for me. But it remains to be seen what can truly stand out.

Last edited:

EDMIX

No. That will be when PS7 releases with the brain implants.

(Depends stock is going to fucking go thru the roof)

Top Bottom