• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you going to play elden ring along with the community or will you separate from all external info for your first playthrough?

How will you play through elden ring?

• Along with the community, discovery by discovery

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • Media blackout for the first playthrough

Votes: 55 39.3%
  • Play solo until I get stuck and then check the community's discoveries

Votes: 56 40.0%

• Total voters

DelireMan7

Blackout for first play trough and no summon.

I always do that.

I just checked few moments here and there of the gameplay presentation (just enough to see the dragon fight and screamingof joy when he landed in front of the player). I go in the dark till the release now.

Paasei

With all the dataminers nowadays in any (semi-)online game ruining the whole experience for me, I'm goin in totally blind like any other, for as much as humanly possible.
I don't want to know the best solutions to everything before I even launch the game. I need to figure things out on my own as I discover them and play around with them.

Although the other FromSoft games have done a good job in preserving that, I'm not as worried as it sounds above. No reason to assume it suddenly won't be the case here. The notes people leave on the ground can be ignored, or are way too small to go into detail with. But no, I will not check any website for any kind of guide or build or hidden locations and whatever. All blind

skneogaf

I'd love to do both in a way as I'd like to go along with the fellow from software fanatics if neogaf but we will all be going at such different speeds that we will undoubtedly spoil huge parts.

So first play through I will try my very best to play solo and spend a week reading through the OT to see what everyone did and how they found it.

Mess

Going blind, no summons. Then prolly a completionist playthrough with a different build and a lot of pvp if it's good.

Bosses and secret wtf shit is FromSoft forte. Going in blind baby.
Does anyone ever play these games without any online discussion? It seems like a lot of stuff is impossible to discover on your own, and was made to be found through collaboration and chance.
Got the secret ending of DS3 blind my first and only run. Its there if you are attentive and looking for it.

420bits

blind solo til i'm feeling im nearing the end of the first playthrough then find out if i missed anything worthwhile.

Knightime_X

Going to play solo purely for the story / atmosphere.

The 3rd time the game frustrates me I'm using cheats.
Esp if the bosses feel like rng damage sponges with high damage.

Don't have time / patience for that nonsense anymore.

Last edited:
I prefer playing along with the community. As I am old and sucky, I can use summons when I get frustrated.
DS3 was the only game I played completely blind cause I had to. Being the impatient nutjob that I am, I bought it three weeks early via the Japanese Xbox Live service. It was an insane process that basically required me to buy a prepaid card with Japanese funds or some shit. It was confusing as all hell and Google translate didn't really work terribly well though it did make for some hilarious reading.

lmao, I'm pretty sure I read about it on gaf before I was even a member. The thread on here was my only source of info, but everyone was playing blind so it was kinda neat.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ll go in as dark as possible. I just don’t want to come in and see someone post a thumbnail YouTube video of a late game boss. That’s the stuff that sucks with being excited with other people.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
*wrong thread
.. failure
Elden Ring looks cool.

Last edited:

Brofist

Umm, gonna continue with life as normal. I don't have time to play around because I might see something from the game. Don't care that much.

Top Bottom