• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you happy with Gamepass currently?

Are you happy with your Gamepass sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Javthusiast

Banned
Monthly games still have usually 1 or 2 in there I would like to play, plus the whole game pass catalogue that I can barely scratch with my available playtime.

So yeah, I am still fine with it, despite no huge third party additions.

It also helps being subbed for a year or more at a time for this, so weak months don't give me the wasted money feeling, cause I already payed for a year+.

Very satisfied. Even when the main game I'm playing is not on Gamepass (I'm currently playing through Cyberpunk 2077), I still spend a good portion of my time playing Gamepass games when I want something different (Recently have gone back to FH5 and played through What Remains of Edith Finch). I have also spent around 10 hours or so in the last month playing Gamepass cloud games on my phone during lunch break at work. I definitely get my money worth.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Think thats my next game.

It's good, if you played Hospital it's the same game reskinned, obviously, which is fine and exactly what I wanted. Really nice palate cleanser.

It's great. The value of GP is highest for gamers who: (1) have a limited budget to spend on games (those who used to buy only a handful of titles each year) ;(2) have a broader taste for trying different genres/styles of games andb (3) doesn't necessarily believe budget scales with quality (ie they don't believe only AAA games are worth playing). I happen to tick all the above boxes.

Of course the value have to reinterpreted each time the service has a price hike, which is the goal of every sub service out there, but for now, it provides extremely good value for the more budget conscious segment of gamers.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I am happy with it now. I subscribed when Xbox Gamepass first released and I really didn't see the value.
Same. I bought a lot of games and got a lot free when I was writing for a gaming site, so I owned most of the GP game list.

Now I can't even remember the last time I bought a game, so there's almost no game from my own backlog on it.

Not all games are great, but I haven't run out of great games since I subbed around February.

Nice, I got different emote reaction outside of the laughing emotes he spams on every positive pc/xbox post. I call that a win!
Should give an achievement on the forum.

DragonNCM

Gamepass is grate value for me.
Playing all Xbox exclusives what I missed last generation+some indi games & my kids love it playing it all the time.
Last week I sold my PS5 & will get Xbox series X for me (because I can't get my hands on my series S before 10PM.....damn kids)

Jormatar

It's a good service that feels less unique after the new PS Plus launch. I will keep subbing on my Series S everytime a Xbox first party game is released on the service.

Bit odd having two no answers but not two yes.

I think gamepass is great but I do feel like it's lost some value with the recent releases on it. Hopefully this will change next year....

Robbinhood

Banned
I’ve subbed on and off a few times, currently for 3 months but barely use it. Its pretty meh, the best part is actually the pc games like age 4 and Total war.

MikeM

Personally gonna take a break from it for six months or so to let more titles come on when it expires next month. My PS Plus sub runs until then so it will workout considering there is more on that sub that I want to play at the moment.

Metnut

I gave it a shot but the biggest issue for me is limited time, so it’s better for me to just buy the games I want. Also, the majority of games I want to play aren’t on Gamepass (for this year, Elden Ring, Triangle Strategy, Horizon FW and SMT5) so the value just isn’t there.

CS Lurker

The last two months weren't the best for me, but I still have many games from the months before that I didn't even start yet. There's always something I want to play when I open the app.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Needs something between "I cancelled" and "I'm perfectly happy", that's where I am.

...though thinking about it most of what I've played recently has been GP. ... but I haven't really been captivated by a game since Elden Ring (which I got bored of)

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
They say Microsoft fixed the installation problems on Pc so I want to try it again when a AAA game that I'm interested drops in.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I chose option two. Cancelled it after the starfield and redfall delays. Microsofts meager release calender caused me to cancel. Im not going to reward them for not having their shit togeather

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
If it wasn't for Game Pass I don't think I would still be gaming very much at all. I still buy the occasional game, but GP is great and lets me play a lot of games while spending little.

Yes. If anything I'm more worried about games I have not gotten around to yet being removed. I'm always checking, I hope a game I want isn't getting removed. They usually don't/aren't, but I still think that.

MiguelItUp

I've been happy with it period, honestly. In moments where I want to play something and nothing I have sounds appealing, I just take a gander at what's there. Almost always there's something I was interested in to some degree, give it a whirl, and I'm happy. Pressure Washer Simulator and Infernax were the last two for me. Very happy with both.

GenericUser

I'm super happy with it. I have a xbox and I don't pay for scampass, I just buy my stuff physically. Super happy with the current state of it, smile.

Last edited:
Disney and Netflix have both raised their prices multiple times since Gamepass came out, it has had no affect on Gamepass pricing.

That literally isn’t what he said. It was clear that he was referring to the increase of various subscription services across the board and wondering when GamePass would eventually hve their price increase, which they absolutely will as that is just basic economics.

DaGwaphics

Disney and Netflix have both raised their prices multiple times since Gamepass came out, it has had no affect on Gamepass pricing.

Disney+ and Nefflix (and Spotify too) are likely in a different stage of their growth, where earning more from the existing customers is worth more than the potential growth losses as a result of the higher prices. With GP they might still be at the stage where they want to grow the service more than anything else, especially since they haven't had a lot of releases yet (Outside of Gears, Halo, and Forza) that could hook users that weren't otherwise interested in the Xbox ecosystem.

Kagey K

Banned
That literally isn’t what he said. It was clear that he was referring to the increase of various subscription services across the board and wondering when GamePass would eventually hve their price increase, which they absolutely will as that is just basic economics.
So why bother trying to conflate the 2? They were obviously trying to draw a parallel.

Either way who cares, enjoy it for what it is now, and if they do raise the price decide if it's still worth it at that point.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Disney+ and Nefflix (and Spotify too) are likely in a different stage of their growth, where earning more from the existing customers is worth more than the potential growth losses as a result of the higher prices. With GP they might still be at the stage where they want to grow the service more than anything else, especially since they haven't had a lot of releases yet (Outside of Gears, Halo, and Forza) that could hook users that weren't otherwise interested in the Xbox ecosystem.

Disney was also just taken over by a guy who wants to ring as much money out of people as possible. They just spiked the prices of Disneyland APs big time after making people wait months to be able to renew.

KXVXII9X

It is less about how GamePass is doing and more about the industry as a whole. Xbox can only put the games that are available on the platform. With there being such a huge drought of interesting, industry pushing titles these days, they mostly have to rely on indies. Indies aren't bad and I have a deep appreciation for some indies, but I don't buy systems or buy services just to play indie games. A large percentage of indies in general just don't appeal to me. Usually, the ones that do are backed up by a publisher (Annapurna, Devolver Digital, The big three, etc.) I'm not big on multiplayer or live service games and tired of anything Roguelike/lite, Souls-like, or any game a dull, retro presentation. Now they are bringing some Ubisoft titles and still have EA titles. I don't think the service is too bad and I think they are doing okay with what they have to work with. I would like more fighting games on the service. When current gen titles start becoming more norm and stuff like Starfield, Redfall start pouring in, the service will become more valuable. I can't complain too much for only paying $2 for 7 months of the service so far.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I don’t understand how on earth i would sub on more games when my backlog is this insane

Beechos

Yep im happy with gamepass and MS has got me where they probably want me. Im paying for gamepass and playing all these games then i see the season pass are on sale for these games and i end up spening money buying the season pass that wouldve been spent on the base game.

Only thing i wish would happen sooner is for xcloud allowing me to stream my gaming library on anything.

Naru

Just finished Tinykin and started Metal: Hellsinger. Two games I had the most fun with in years. GamePass is awesome.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Not been much for me this year; Tunic, Tinykin & A Plague Tale: Requiem. Last year was good overall, and Wo Long and Starfield will essentially make next year fantastic value even if I play nothing else.

Add Goldeneye for this year too actually, which I’ll 100%. So yeah, 4 great games this year, decent.

Last edited:

yamaci17

metal hellsinger wasnt so bad. really short however and music variety was not bright
waiting for a plague tale requiem. deathloop and odyssey are great additions. finally some action

Top Bottom