• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you happy with Gamepass currently?

Are you happy with your Gamepass sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Between the release of Tunic and As Dusk Falls (March to July) there weren't any new GP games I was looking forward to but it's picking up again and I'm overall satisfied.

anthony2690

Banned
A little overwhelmed! (Between game pass and retail purchases)
The list! (Games I'm interested in)

2022 (release order)
Pacman Land
Ni No Kuni**
Diofield Chronicles*
Deathloop**
Overwatch 2 (free to play)
Plague Tale Requiem**
Winters Expansion
Persona 5 Royal** (preordered despite game pass)
Star Ocean*
Modern Warfare 2*
Evil West*
Sonic Frontiers*
No More Heroes 3
Gungrave**
Gotham Knights*
Callisto Protocol
Akai Katana Shin
Darktide 40k** (Preordered despite game pass)
High On Life**
Final Fantasy 7 Crises Core

2023(known games)
One Piece Odyssey*
Atomic Heart**
Hogwarts Legacy*
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Like a Dragon: Ishin
Wo Long** (will buy when cheaper for the shelf)
Street Fighter 6
Tekken 8
Ni No Kuni 2**
Guilty Gear Strive**
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle SE**
Redfall**
Starfield**
Forza Motorsport**
Like a dragon:Gaiden
Suicide Squad
Atlas Fallen (need to see gameplay)
Diablo 4
Stalker 2**

*Pre-ordered
**Game pass

It's an onslaught of games I tell you, as I bet most the 2023 games haven't been revealed yet!

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
A little overwhelmed! (Between game pass and retail purchases)
The list! (Games I'm interested in)

2022 (release order)
Pacman Land
Ni No Kuni**
Diofield Chronicles*
Deathloop**
Overwatch 2 (free to play)
Plague Tale Requiem**
Winters Expansion
Persona 5 Royal** (preordered despite game pass)
Star Ocean*
Modern Warfare 2*
Evil West*
Sonic Frontiers*
No More Heroes 3
Gungrave**
Gotham Knights*
Callisto Protocol
Akai Katana Shin
Darktide 40k** (Preordered despite game pass)
High On Life**
Final Fantasy 7 Crises Core

2023(known games)
One Piece Odyssey*
Atomic Heart**
Hogwarts Legacy*
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Like a Dragon: Ishin
Wo Long** (will buy when cheaper for the shelf)
Street Fighter 6
Tekken 8
Ni No Kuni 2**
Guilty Gear Strive**
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle SE**
Redfall**
Starfield**
Forza Motorsport**
Like a dragon:Gaiden
Suicide Squad
Atlas Fallen (need to see gameplay)
Diablo 4
Stalker 2**

*Pre-ordered
**Game pass

It's an onslaught of games I tell you, as I bet most the 2023 games haven't been revealed yet!
Solid list, you not interested in Tears of the Kingdom?

anthony2690

Banned
Solid list, you not interested in Tears of the Kingdom?
I only have a series X now, Tears of the Kingdom looks excellent though, loved Breath of the Wild, but I got rid of my switch shortly after Monster Hunter Stories 2, it was the nail in the coffin for that device for me, I genuinely thought I was going to be sick when I got to the second village as the game chugged along at a single digit frame rates.
Hopefully a more powerful device is announced before tears of the kingdom lands.
I also think God of War Ragnarok looks great too, so if I had a ps5 still I would've grabbed that too.
I just can't justify having three consoles when I can't even keep up with the games I want to play on Xbox alone :(
As it leaves other consoles untouched for months/years at a time.

Plus I would have this unhealthy habit off buying every game that took my fancy, so when I shifted my switch, I had loads of unplayed/some still sealed games! I put the sale post on GAF as well as Gumtree where it went :)

I was surprised how fast it went at £850 as well!

Edit:

Nintendo Switch (newer revision), excellent condition boxed (never used in handheld mode, except when setting up)
Switch Pro Controller, excellent condition (boxed)
Official Nintendo/sandisk 128gb card
Official Switch Carry Case

Games:
Zelda BOTW (incredible game)
Pokémon Sword (first Pokémon after crystal, it was pretty pants)
Mario 3d world+bowsers fury (loved this)
Super Mario Odyssey (loved this)
Super Mario 3D All Stars (blasted through sunshine)
Super Smash Bros Ultimate (really didn't like this sadly)
Mario Rabbids (never played it)
Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (played online a fair bit)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (booted up once)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (loved and beat this)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (booted up once)
Yoshi's Crafted World (booted up once)
Splatoon 2 (loved this)
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (loved this, also pretty damn dead)
Blazblue Central Fiction (loved this, dead online)
Monster Hunter Rise (dlc code not redeemed) (loved and completed this)
Monster Hunter Stories 2 (dlc code not redeemed) (hated this)
Xenoblade chronicles (played once to test)
Xenoblade chronicles 2 (played 10 hours)
NI No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (beat and loved this)
Trials of Mana (never played, played the demo prior though)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions (dropped after 5 hours)
Octopath Traveller (ended up playing/dropping on GP)
Dragon Quest XI (ended up playing on GP)
YSVIII (had one quick go)
Astral Chain (never played)

Brand new sealed games:
Catherine Full Body (best original on x360)
Atelier Ryza & the secret hideout.

Some extra freebies:
Monster Hunter Rise key chains (sealed)
Monster Hunter Rise steel case sealed
Mario 3D all star Bowser's fury steel case sealed
MH Stories posters/stickers/cloth sealed.

Collection ONLY. Nottingham UK

£850

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I only have a series X now, Tears of the Kingdom looks excellent though, loved Breath of the Wild, but I got rid of my switch shortly after Monster Hunter Stories 2, it was the nail in the coffin for that device for me, I genuinely thought I was going to be sick when I got to the second village as the game chugged along at a single digit frame rates.
Hopefully a more powerful device is announced before tears of the kingdom lands.
I also think God of War Ragnarok looks great too, so if I had a ps5 still I would've grabbed that too.
I just can't justify having three consoles when I can't even keep up with the games I want to play on Xbox alone :(

Plus I would have this unhealthy habit off buying every game that took my fancy, so when I shifted my switch, I had loads of unplayed/some still sealed games! I put the sale post on GAF as well as Gumtree where it went :)

I was surprised how fast it went at £850 as well!
Fair enough!

It is pretty overwhelming to think that before we even have to buy a single game over the next 14 months or so we will have access to Overwatch 2, Requiem, Goldeneye, Wo Long, Forza Motorsport, Starfield and hopefully Diablo 4🤞

Great list as well on the Switch also.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Fair enough!

It is pretty overwhelming to think that before we even have to buy a single game over the next 14 months or so we will have access to Overwatch 2, Requiem, Goldeneye, Wo Long, Forza Motorsport, Starfield and hopefully Diablo 4🤞
It's genuinely pretty insane, plus we have loads off great games coming out that I'm looking forward too as well :)

I edited my above post so you can see what retail games I had on switch & this doesn't include all my digital purchases that I had/played/loved :)

Mushihimesama HD
Crimsom Clover
Grandia collection
Trials of mana collection
Star Ocean R and loads more

But you can't sell digital purchases haha

GHG

Gold Member
Gsmepass bringing friends and family together.

Call Now Tv Show GIF by Reconnecting Roots

draliko

I love it & my kids love it PERFECT !!!
can't stress enough how gp is a saviour for parents.... my kids love to test games, and i can spare the money to buy what i want if it's not on gp, it's a win win... even when people were mocking paw patrol release on gp i was happy knowing my kids would love to play that game... can't see me unsubscribe until next gen minimum

DragonNCM

can't stress enough how gp is a saviour for parents.... my kids love to test games, and i can spare the money to buy what i want if it's not on gp, it's a win win... even when people were mocking paw patrol release on gp i was happy knowing my kids would love to play that game... can't see me unsubscribe until next gen minimum
So true, kids don't care about AAA games. They just want to play a lot of games in same time :)

Jaybe

I was surprised how fast it went at £850 as well

Off topic but you’re like me. I find it hard to see a console just sitting there. I’ve jumped between Nintendo, Xbox, and PlayStation the last couple generations buying and playing what I want and then selling it. I’ve got a XSX, capable-ish PC (gtx 1080), and a Switch Lite now. I might try and sell the Switch Lite this holiday, not that they are in short supply but maybe someone wants to save some bucks. Hope Nintendo’s next console is backwards compatible. I’m sure I’ll get a PS5 at some point, I’ve got a robust digital library waiting to be played again. Even with a slow first party output, there’s so much to play on Xbox through Game Pass plus what hasn’t hit the service. Only so much time available.

anthony2690

Banned
Off topic but you’re like me. I find it hard to see a console just sitting there. I’ve jumped between Nintendo, Xbox, and PlayStation the last couple generations buying and playing what I want and then selling it. I’ve got a XSX, capable-ish PC (gtx 1080), and a Switch Lite now. I might try and sell the Switch Lite this holiday, not that they are in short supply but maybe someone wants to save some bucks. Hope Nintendo’s next console is backwards compatible. I’m sure I’ll get a PS5 at some point, I’ve got a robust digital library waiting to be played again. Even with a slow first party output, there’s so much to play on Xbox through Game Pass plus what hasn’t hit the service. Only so much time available.
If I was younger or a wealthy enough to not work, I would be in heaven.

But it kinda makes me sad seeing it sit there, when I know someone else could be enjoying it much more, with the ps5 I just kinda felt guilty as people were really struggling to get one & I had one sat haven't been used in months.

One of the main reasons, I have chosen to stick with Xbox, is I have more faith in my purchases on the eco system, whether I'll be able to play future or past purchases on the next platform.

I have little faith in Nintendo sadly, as I think almost every single different device has used a different format for the games (I could be wrong here though?) XD

& Sony seem to be improving, but they still leave a lot to be desired when it comes to backwards compat.

Just the other day, I loaded up my save from the cloud for killer is dead and played through it on series X, that save was over 9 years old and all screen tearing was eliminated, it was wonderful.

But I also need to try be more sensible with money (so I really can't be buying every game that takes my fancy for three platforms) my partner would like us to get married and not be forever engaged & also try for children in the future. :)

I think it's pretty easy to play nothing but game pass games, or even just third party titles at this point, we seem to be getting so many high quality titles in general :)

Even much smaller indie titles are much bigger and better than ever now too :)

Aha sorry for rambling on, I get pretty excited about video games and everything upcoming :D

It's clear that MS are going hard after the family audience. It will definitely pay off in the long run.

draliko

If I was younger or a wealthy enough to not work, I would be in heaven.

But it kinda makes me sad seeing it sit there, when I know someone else could be enjoying it much more, with the ps5 I just kinda felt guilty as people were really struggling to get one & I had one sat haven't been used in months.

One of the main reasons, I have chosen to stick with Xbox, is I have more faith in my purchases on the eco system, whether I'll be able to play future or past purchases on the next platform.

I have little faith in Nintendo sadly, as I think almost every single different device has used a different format for the games (I could be wrong here though?) XD

& Sony seem to be improving, but they still leave a lot to be desired when it comes to backwards compat.

Just the other day, I loaded up my save from the cloud for killer is dead and played through it on series X, that save was over 9 years old and all screen tearing was eliminated, it was wonderful.

But I also need to try be more sensible with money (so I really can't be buying every game that takes my fancy for three platforms) my partner would like us to get married and not be forever engaged & also try for children in the future. :)

I think it's pretty easy to play nothing but game pass games, or even just third party titles at this point, we seem to be getting so many high quality titles in general :)

Even much smaller indie titles are much bigger and better than ever now too :)

Aha sorry for rambling on, I get pretty excited about video games and everything upcoming :D
And this is what happens when you really grow, you become reasonable and abandon fanboysm and children's mentality:) gaming is still a hobby and as such needs to be treated :)

Hohenheim

Very happy with the selection of games. Not so happy with the fact that some games keeps crashing in the app (PC). The same games is working fine when played in Steam. Nobody Saves the World is the worst offender so far.

Always happy with gamepass because it's a low cost but defo want to see improvement in the 3rd party releases. Would have expected games like RE8 and hitman 3 to show up by now.

anthony2690

Banned
And this is what happens when you really grow, you become reasonable and abandon fanboysm and children's mentality:) gaming is still a hobby and as such needs to be treated :)
I think the only time I've engaged with fanboy behaviour is probably in the school playground when we would say who was cooler Mario or Sonic, I thought Sonic was the coolest ever, I still really enjoy the sonic franchise, mostly the older 2d titles, mania and generations/adventure games and I'm actually looking forward to frontiers & I really like the 3d Mario games, not so much the 2d ones :) haha

I find it genuinely sad when people are arguing over video games, or hoping for them to fail or hating stuff, because it isn't on their box off choice.

It sucks and I genuinely do not understand it, especially as it is probably grown ass men arguing over this stuff :)

There is just loads to enjoy all round and the hobby should be fun & fun to engage with others who enjoy games too imo :)

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
I just downloaded 4 games in one go, so yes. Happy. Sure, plenty of older games coming, and giving us Ni No Kuni NOW is a bit after the fact. On the other hand, I never got to it back then, so it's a good oportunity to dive back in.

John Wick

Absolutely!
Especially as I did the convert Xbox live gold trick for 1 year first then 3 years after. Was an absolute steal. No one can complain at this price seriously. Got to play FH5 which I bought after anyway.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
In light of all the announcements of the last week, game pass subscribers, especially fans of Japanese content, should be real happy.

the_master

Where is now the section of new games?

I am very happy with the service. I don’t like the categories and how it is sorted though. I want to see all games sorted by release date, by addition date and other criteria

Banjo64

cumsessed
I wonder when they’ll faze out the £1 upgrade? Maybe start of next gen? It’s probably problematic for MS that Gold exists at this point at the price point that it does, but we saw what happened when they effectively tried to double the cost. I’m subbed until 2024, hope it’s still live then so I can stack again.

Lognor

Banned
Yep. Same with my two boys. I just wish they're were more local coop games. I don't really want them playing online yet and they always want to play together.

Jaybe

I wonder when they’ll faze out the £1 upgrade? Maybe start of next gen? It’s probably problematic for MS that Gold exists at this point at the price point that it does, but we saw what happened when they effectively tried to double the cost. I’m subbed until 2024, hope it’s still live then so I can stack again.
Hard to say. I bet they take another shot at raising gold price (at least more modestly) in the new year after holiday purchases are done. Without the gold upgrade option, I’ll be very choosy when I sun and aim for promotions. At least I’m covered to November 2023.

sainraja

I don't think I will ever exclusively rely on services like Game Pass or the revamped PS+ for games I play but they are nice to have to try out games that I might not otherwise. And ofcourse, it is up to me to decide how long I subscribe so sub services are a fine option as long we will continue to be able to buy and right now I don't see any signs of that changing.

No.

I hate it but I know it's necessary.

In fact I hate everything about it and it's other competition. PS+, Nintendo Online and Xbox Live.

If it was up to me, there would he no subscription services and no paid online.

Alas, it is something I could never control. I just look back fondly when everything was free online, no microtransaction and gaas games.

Now, I know for a fact that subscriptions means a heavy focus on gaas and heavier lean on microtransactions.

grumpy old man yells at clouds or whatever. It's what I feel about it.
GaaS has nothing to do with Game Pass given most GaaS games are free to play.

No, it's bad for the industry, it's unsustainable and should be illegal. We should be paying 70 for each game if we want quality and the gaming industry to not collapse. Also you should feel bad if you are subscribed to it.
^^ When you live and die by the criticism leveled at a service that you like but had no influence in designing (version 1 of anyway). Relax.

Calm Down Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

It will be fine.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
GaaS has nothing to do with Game Pass
False.

I play League of Legends a lot and I know for a fact that it is a free game and subscribing to gamepass means you get to unlock every champion in the game. Not the skins which you can only buy with money*.

Matsuchezz

Damn no!! Sucky content They should increase the subscription to 60 dollars a month to include 3rd Party games Day one. And name it the "Real GP Ultimate" and change the name on the current tier named Ultimate.
I mean AAA 3rd Party Games. I have no interest on playing first party AAA games, they are subpar comparing with everyone else.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
False.

I play League of Legends a lot and I know for a fact that it is a free game and subscribing to gamepass means you get to unlock every champion in the game. Not the skins which you can only buy with money*.
That perk hasn't been unlocked yet has it?

Can't find it anywhere.

killatopak

Gold Member
That perk hasn't been unlocked yet has it?

Can't find it anywhere.
It will be available this winter.

It extends to all Riot games including mobile. Valorant, Wild Rift, TFT, and LoR.

Plenty of other examples that are already released like FO76 and ESO.

The_Mike

It will be available this winter.

It extends to all Riot games including mobile. Valorant, Wild Rift, TFT, and LoR.

Plenty of other examples that are already released like FO76 and ESO.
What if you unsub will you lose everything? Probably yeah?

What do you get in fo76 and eso from being a GP owner?

killatopak

Gold Member
What if you unsub will you lose everything? Probably yeah?

What do you get in fo76 and eso from being a GP owner?
You get the expansion for free and 10% discount on the crowns basically a currency you can only buy with real money. There still secondary subscriptions in those games that are not included with GP. They’re basically bait to lure you into the system.

Admittedly, I was already in the system for League and own all champions so this basically means nothing to me despite owning GP. I can see the writing on the wall but it doesn’t mean I can’t milk the subscription while it’s worth it.

The_Mike

You get the expansion for free and 10% discount on the crowns basically a currency you can only buy with real money. There still secondary subscriptions in those games that are not included with GP. They’re basically bait to lure you into the system.

Admittedly, I was already in the system for League and own all champions so this basically means nothing to me despite owning GP. I can see the writing on the wall but it doesn’t mean I can’t milk the subscription while it’s worth it.
So all expansions for eso and fo76 are free?

ESO still not worth it without sub imo. Just a shame its not part of pc gp because I personally prefer mmos on an open platform with kb and mouse.

Top Bottom