• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more likely to play a multiplatform game if

More or less likely to play an unexpected exclusive

• More likely to play

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Less likely to play

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Don't care/weird hypothetical

Votes: 82 89.1%

• Total voters

Bragr

Banned
The reason why people like exclusives is because the studios that make them are usually the best talent in the industry that is getting funded and given long development cycles to make the best game they possibly can, because the game is not just any game, it's a showpiece for the console.

EDMIX

Multiplatform or exclusive, it doesn't really matter. If the game is good and I have system to play it then I will play it.

Agreed.

The only time this even comes into play is when its a studio that has no history of doing multiplatform, suddenly doing multiplatform. Maybe that could have been a better thread.

I'm more likely to play a 3rd party game by a studio that has a strong history of doing that well. Just cause its on a platform I own, doesn't mean it will play well on the platform I own lol So it really depends.

A game being exclusive to one console or another does not make me want to play it more or less. Is it a good game? If so then I will eventually play it, no matter what the console is.........

This is the weirdest question ever

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

cireza

Banned
Answer to the thread : absolutely not.

I would find this stupid to make the game exclusive, by the way.

Last edited:

Filben

Neither 🤷🏼‍♂️

If I wanted to play it and it comes to my platform I'm going to play it all the same. I won't be passing on a game out of putatively solidarity for people who start crying when a former exclusive is announced for another platform years later.

Edmund

Gold Member
If its a game I want to play and it's exclusive, there's a higher chance I might get it day 1 instead of waiting for a sale.

Topher

Gold Member
"I think this forum has a weird obession with exclusives."

Makes thread about exclusives.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Three

Starfield is one example, yeah, but it's more about console exclusives and the heightened appeal they seem to have for console fans in general.
The only reason they have appeal is because platform holders push marketing for exclusives to sell their platforms. That and console warriors use them in list wars so they get even more exposure. Console fans in general couldn't care less if a good game is exclusive or not.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Rise of the Tomb Raider is a very accurate example of it.

In a slightly more loose example you have Starfield too.
Rise of the tomb raider wasn’t exclusive and starfield wasn’t a “ last min “ change and was never announced for anything platforms.

I must be missing something from the deciphering of the op.

Last edited:

Three

Rise of the tomb raider wasn’t exclusive and starfield wasn’t a “ last min “ change.

I must be missing something from the deciphering of the op.
It was a timed exclusive and that is an example of what he is asking opinions about:
the game is suddenly announced as an exclusive (permanent or timed) to your console of choice?

Tomb raider was announced as coming to every platform. Even preorders went up for PS4. Then at Gamescom closer to release suddenly announced as a timed xbox exclusive and preorder pages were taken down.

Starfield was also announced but without mentioning any platforms. Then it became exclusive closer to release.

I don't think the OP even mentioned a "last minute" change. He said "1 year before release" in his example.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
A: Maybe for controller preference

B: No. Means it hasn't been build up from the ground for platform X

C: No, others could possible not play it

Top Bottom