• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you people into google maps/street tourism?

I sometimes spend a few hours exploring a place that I will never visit via google maps. Google street view to be precise. Google maps is such an awesome tool for virtual tourism.
Like yesterday I was in some random place in China, Japan. I explored a shit ton France, spent countless hours exploring India etc. Shame Africa isn't better covered, I'd like to e explore that as well.
How bout you, you into exploring places/countries/cities via google maps?

Nymphae

Banned
z7SMRyc.gif

Last edited:

nush

I sometimes spend a few hours exploring a place that I will never visit via google maps. Google street view to be precise. Google maps is such an awesome tool for virtual tourism.
Like yesterday I was in some random place in China, Japan. I explored a shit ton France, spent countless hours exploring India etc. Shame Africa isn't better covered, I'd like to e explore that as well.
How bout you, you into exploring places/countries/cities via google maps?

One time I was sitting in the entrance room of a brothel having a chat with the girls and the doorman while smoking a cigarette and the local equivalent of the Google street view car drove past. There were nets on the window to stop people casually looking in but they had been opened to let in more daylight.

This was in a quiet side street and as soon as I saw the car with the camera sticking out the top and quickly lent back to hide behind the doorman, except the car drove back the other way a few minutes later and got me.

Literally what are the chances of that!??

JordanN

Banned
Oddly, I've found all my jobs using google streetview.

After I applied, I would look up the location and take a quick tour around the surrounding area. Had I never done that, I wouldn't have been able to find where some of these buildings are.

The entrances were always in the weirdest of places, so using streetview helped me to not rage quit at interview/orientation time just trying to find where I'm suppose to go.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I like looking at the most remote places on earth.

It's crazy when you find little towns out there. It makes me wonder what their lives are like.

Vyse1800

Oddly, I've found all my jobs using google streetview.

After I applied, I would look up the location and take a quick tour around the surrounding area. Had I never done that, I wouldn't have been able to find where some of these buildings are.

The entrances were always in the weirdest of places, so using streetview helped me to not rage quit at interview/orientation time just trying to find where I'm suppose to go.

I've been doing that just to make sure the place I'm going to isn't bordered by a tire shop and liquor store.

GAMETA

Banned
Yeah, I do.

Often beach cities and roads, where I'd like to live... I've taken European, Australian, Japanese and North American "tours", gotta say some of the most beaultiful places I've seen were in Australia and Canada.

Check my city, Curitiba, Brazil. A dude once told me he didn't expect Brazil to be like that... people have a wrong idea of what Brazil's like, lol.

Top Bottom