• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Areajugones: The Metal Gear Solid remake for PS5 is real and will be announced soon

Hmmm ill wait for more concrete proof. Remember the MGS movie that was supposedly on the way from the King Kong director? Ye that dissapeared off the map years ago.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

So its ok for any third party game to be exclusive unless its COD? Sony can fuck off with this logic

Yeah, seeing how MS has Ark 2 exclusive and just bought Bethesda… Why is MS allowed to buy the industry piece by piece and have 3rd party exclusives?
Why is Nintendo and Xbox allowed 3rd party exclusives but not Playstation?

Microsoft just bough Bethesda and 2 studios where there first games Hellblade and Outerwilds were on Playstation but the sequels not.
The next Doom won’t be on PS, or the next Elderscrolls or Fallout.

Why is it ok for Xbox to have all these exclusives but Playstation can’t? Because they bought them Right. Well Playstation is buying the right to have exclusives just like Xbox is having Ark 2 and others

Last edited:

Duchess

I could never get the hang of MGS3. I found the stealth stuff with the paint and whatnot much harder to get used to.

Maybe if this remake shows up I'll give it another go.

justonething

Jada's BFF
would have rather had MGS1, never could get into 3.
Would rather them remake MG1 and MG2, we really don't need any of the 3D games remade. The Pachinko MGS3 vids well and truly scratched the itch for experiencing a remake, they should just release CG movies of the 3D games. Gameplay will be the same, not sure why anyone would want a remake of titles where the visuals weren't a limiting factor. This whole remake culture seems like such a waste and cash grab, we should be getting new games not the same shit again and again.

Banned
Would rather them remake MG1 and MG2

I almost wanna bet that will be next.
my prediction is they'll combine both games and simply title is "Metal Gear"
It's the perfect reboot material in a way. it already has the perfect reboot naming scheme, it already has a written story arch, and is less over the top and more mainstream friendly

justonething

Jada's BFF
I almost wanna bet that will be next.
my prediction is they'll combine both games and simply title is "Metal Gear"
It's the perfect reboot material in a way. it already has the perfect reboot naming scheme, it already has a written story arch, and is less over the top and more mainstream friendly
It's a hundred times more work and risk, they would never do that when it's more economical give a fresh coat of paint to an existing game. It's Konami after all, since when have they had amibition, and even if they did no company would not let this oppertunity for easy(er) money slip away.

Banned
It's a hundred times more work and risk, they would never do that when it's more economical give a fresh coat of paint to an existing game. It's Konami after all, since when have they had amibition, and even if they did no company would not let this oppertunity for easy(er) money slip away.

MGSΔ could be a test and a basis for the tech used in further releases

The level design seems to be 1:1 so they won’t be able to change that much. A.I will be the same too I’m sure, it’s the same game.
I'll believe this about the gameplay when they confirm it. This could easily be a Twin Snakes situation where they infuse more modern gameplay onto older level design. I'm sure that might piss off MGS purists but I think it's the smart play for modern audiences.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll believe this about the gameplay when they confirm it. This could easily be a Twin Snakes situation where they infuse more modern gameplay onto older level design. I'm sure that might piss off MGS purists but I think it's the smart play for modern audiences.

I think at the very least it's gonna play like any modern shooter with LT and RT weapon controls etc.

Rubicaant

Would rather them remake MG1 and MG2, we really don't need any of the 3D games remade. The Pachinko MGS3 vids well and truly scratched the itch for experiencing a remake, they should just release CG movies of the 3D games. Gameplay will be the same, not sure why anyone would want a remake of titles where the visuals weren't a limiting factor. This whole remake culture seems like such a waste and cash grab, we should be getting new games not the same shit again and again.
Yea, but i'd kill for a Bloodborne remake on pc with 4k and at least 60 fps.

Top Bottom