• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Areajugones: The Metal Gear Solid remake for PS5 is real and will be announced soon

Barakov

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

RaduN

Wonder what the story is with the classic MGS theme nowadays.
Surely they must have reached some kind of settlement with the russian composer/reps by now.
I remember the HD ports being released well after the issue came to light, and having the theme intact, so maybe future re-makes/ports fall under the same agreement.

GenericUser

I don't think it needs another remake. I can still play the PS1 original and it's as much fun as it was back in the late 90s. A new metal gear on the other hand, that would be something interesting.

Apocryphon

A full on remake of MGS would be amazing. As much as I love the tanker section of MGS2, they would have to completely redesign Raiden in that game for me to be interested.

Original MGS, with a top down camera would be ideal. Snake Eater remaster camera and Ground Zeros 3rd person camera as unlockables upon completion on any difficulty. Add a new game+ option and a bunch of added side missions like RE4R and I’m in.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The story has stayed up for 20 hours. its not a verified account but looks like a real user. I didnt find him on imdb for Hogwarts but Harry Potter wiki lists him as composer for the main theme of the game. And his bio picture looks like the setup in the leak.
3-B2-D6813-2-B1-A-4-C19-8-C96-926-CD6319-C2-B.jpg

1-B9-ECCC9-F9-C8-4579-93-F9-ED48-B415-D375.png

Idk I’m not 100% convinced but if we’re getting a damn Silent Hill 2 remake then surely Konami would remake an entry from a more popular franchise.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
A full on remake of MGS would be amazing. As much as I love the tanker section of MGS2, they would have to completely redesign Raiden in that game for me to be interested.

Original MGS, with a top down camera would be ideal. Snake Eater remaster camera and Ground Zeros 3rd person camera as unlockables upon completion on any difficulty. Add a new game+ option and a bunch of added side missions like RE4R and I’m in.
I would say the chance for a top down camera would be very low. It'll be reworked as something more in the vein of MGS:V imo.

Apocryphon

I would say the chance for a top down camera would be very low. It'll be reworked as something more in the vein of MGS:V imo.
The first game has so many cramped corridor locations that I don’t know how well that’s would work without redesigning entire sections of the game. Hopefully we’ll see soon. If they go that route, I would like a top down camera as an unlockable, even if it changes the combat mechanics to accommodate it. Maybe something closer to MGS4.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I hope its some kind of crazy AAA thing from Bluepoint

Would love if they reimagined it. I think this industry is still shy about that. Remasters are the more obvious less interesting approach, 1-1 remakes are pretty good, and Bluepoint has experience with both so now I would want them to be given more freedom.

Would love if they reimagined it. I think this industry is still shy about that. Remasters are the more obvious less interesting approach, 1-1 remakes are pretty good, and Bluepoint has experience with both so now I would want them to be given more freedom.
Also i remember that Bluepoint did the MGS 2 and 3 remasters for the HD collection, and you can also hear the Metal Gear sound in their Demon’s Souls remake

Elios83

It's a matter of time, it makes no sense to believe in the Silent Hill series enough to warrant a AAA remake and not doing the same for a much more successful series.

From the msg subreddit

If you guys actually think Konami would allow him to tease this on Instagram prior to an official announcement then you guys are overdosing on copium like there’s no tomorrow.

Looking over this guy’s Instagram, it seems like he does a lot of music for devinsupertramp, a content creator on YouTube who does live-action shorts based off video game franchises like Assassin’s Creed, Metroid, Contra, etc. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this snippet of music is for another one of these collaborations, and NOT for a Metal Gear game of some sort.

Neilg

A year and a half ago I was hanging out with an artist from bluepoint. I was joking around and digging for specifics about what he was on and the only thing I could get was they're working on a lot of office interiors for their next remake.
Probably mgs, how many old games deserving of remakes have a ton of office interiors?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I just played through MGS on PS1 and it is still great. I would porbably get this but all the not needed remakes are getting tiresome.

Top Bottom