• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Areajugones: The Metal Gear Solid remake for PS5 is real and will be announced soon

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
54fuoXX.gif

yurinka

"Annonymous sources" = any random internet user, so very likely it's fake. Even the writer doubts about the info that unlike other times they received info from other sources this time doesn't almost include any detail.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Remake fucking MG and MG2, you cowards. It's CLEARLY the direction Kojima was taking the series before Konami decided it wanted to be a gambling company. MGSV was the bridge between MGS and MG, and remaking the two original titles (the ones that REALLY, REALLY need brought into a contemporary vision) to close out the series.

MGS is basically a remake of MG2, anyway. Do that, and you can have your cake And eat it, too. You can Riff off MGS ideas, since they were lifted wholesale from MG2, and you can throw a bone to people who wanted to see those stories given a less arcadey take.

begotten

Not sure how this will go. MGS1 is harder to modernise than MGS3. Would be better off combining Metal Gear 1 and 2 into a new game.

Pagusas

Elden Member
How old is David Hayter now? Wonder if he can still sound like a young snake.

Though why bother re-recording the lines when you have the original and twin snakes you could pull high quality recordings from.

begotten

Though why bother re-recording the lines when you have the original and twin snakes you could pull high quality recordings from.

I also doubt the voices of characters like Naomi Hunter, Liquid and Gray Fox would be able to be captured how they were again - and they're awesome.

I agree, they should just use the old voice lines.

Kdad

I also doubt the voices of characters like Naomi Hunter, Liquid and Gray Fox would be able to be captured how they were again - and they're awesome.

I agree, they should just use the old voice lines.
You can just use all their old voice work to train an AI that'll sound pretty much spot on with new lines.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
They need to remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 with young Solid Snake
It's not very hard to think of this. That's a remake that we really need, not Solid

Also, why the emphasis on making it exclusive by a company that doesn't care or invest for real on any console, and is mostly shit?

rolandss

If it was third person, made with similar gameplay feel to the V, with a different level design but keeping the feel and atmosphere of the original, it would be really cool and interesting. If it’s a straight remake with 2023 graphics I’ll pass. It was amazing for its time and still the best story of the series, but the top down gameplay style that worked back then isn’t something I’d find fun anymore, just tedious.

Konami probably just paid someone to re-do it in unreal engine 5. What i really would want is Bluepoint to reimagine Metal Gear 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Said it in the other 100 threads on this topic - but the remake needs to be for the MSX's Metal Gear 1 and 2 not Solid 1. Complete and utter waste of time.

jaysius

Banned
It’ll be hard to sell the game as is today with a ”coat of paint” kids can’t play games without microtransactions helping them.

The game was great back in the day, but playing it without nostalgic attachment is rough.

They should have just made a new MGS instead.

april6e

This seems so unnecessary. MGS is also a really short game. Like 7-8hrs long, especially for someone who already played it, knows were everything is located and can just breeze through the game.

Arachnid

He does little voice acting tidbits for fans here and there. He can definitely still do Young Snake. He made Old Snake sound more gravelly on purpose to reflect his old age and years of smoking if I remember correctly.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Gamers after seeing rumours

"Meh its fake"

Gamers after seeing official trailer

"Duh i ve already knew this from miles away worst kept secret"

Last edited:
I don’t know. The whole flaming red skull bad guy and sniper allergic to clothes kind of turns me off. If the game took a more grounded in reality look then sure, I’d bite. Kojima just doesn’t do it for me. He gets 85% of the way there and then makes everything weird.

20cent

Banned
Maybe if Kojima was involved, I'm sure he'd put a twist in there to justify the remake at some level. But he already did that with MGS2 (and 4).

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
We'll see in four days if this never-ending rumor is true.
It will never happen, but it would be cool to see a series like MGS remade and then have its storyline/timeline forked. Leading to an alternate set of sequels where New MGS4 isn't 80% cut-scenes. Take the story in another MGS-verse direction without Kojima's verbal diarrhea.
the mgs4 hate needs to stop
and ngs4 needs a remaster.

BossLackey

Gold Member
If this turns out to be real, I have conflicting feelings.

I kind of wish it were left alone, but at the same time I would love to see MGS again in a new generation.

MGSV was simultaneously the single best 3rd person stealth/shooter game ever and yet was an incredibly disappointing sendoff to the series. Might be nice to have a palette cleanser.

Last edited:
Top Bottom