• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Areajugones: The Metal Gear Solid remake for PS5 is real and will be announced soon

Me too.

Specially if Kojima is not involved.

I would be extremely hyped for a reboot/sequel with Kojima in charge, otherwise....

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
I'd be less interested if he were involved and I'm a huge metal gear fan.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's a damn shame that we will never get another game with the mechanics of Phantom Pain. It doesn't even need to be a Metal Gear game, just something that controls like that. Absolute best 3rd person action/stealth combat ever.
One of the games I spent most of my gaming time on.

Bluepoint reimagining of Metal Gear 1, 2, and Solid as one game that goes straight through, with David Hayter returning would probably make me have a heart attack. And Kojima will give his blessing at the game awards.

Last edited:
A Metal Gear Survive fan eh?

mark pellegrino queue GIF

Never played it. I don't know how you can have played all of Kojimas games and still think he's a genius. He had it years back but its been gone since MGS3 and there's an argument to be made that he's only ever made truly great games when he's had a great team around him to reign him in.

Death strandings characters were laughably bad. Great acting from the cast but....wow at the material they had to work with.

"Hi Sam, I have a condition where my heart stops every 21 minutes" "oh man...that's terrible. What's your name" "HEART-MAN"

".........................no but really what's your name?"

Some time passes...

"Hi Sam. In the military I was known for surviving even under near impossible odds."

"Wow, so what's your name?"

"DIE HARD-MAN!"

"..........ok but for real"

"It's John....JOHN MCCLANE! OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE DIEHARD MAN!!"

Like, how you could play this game and not end up with detached retinas from your eyes rolling back in your head is fucking beyond me. Kojima may have made some of my favorite games of all time but goddamn he's not even trying anymore.

Look at every name in DS and they're so on the nose obvious it's insulting. Can anyone just have a name? If Kojima tried to give a character a nondescript name it would end up being "Tom Normal Man

Last edited:

GenericUser

I'm kind of in a love hate relationship with remakes now. Sometimes I really look forward to them, like with the Resident Evil 4 remake. Yet some other time, I feel like they are completely pointless, because the original is already so perfect, that there is no need to change anything about the game. I think that this remake falls in the latter category. Kojima caught lightning in a bottle with MGS1 and I think there is nothing that can be improved upon.

Aion002

Never played it. I don't know how you can have played all of Kojimas games and still think he's a genius. He had it years back but its been gone since MGS3 and there's an argument to be made that he's only ever made truly great games when he's had a great team around him to reign him in.

Death strandings characters were laughably bad. Great acting from the cast but....wow at the material they had to work with.

"Hi Sam, I have a condition where my heart stops every 21 minutes" "oh man...that's terrible. What's your name" "HEART-MAN"

Some time passes...

"Hi Sam. In the military I was known for surviving even under near impossible odds."

"DIE HARD-MAN!"

Like, how you could play this game and not end up with detached retinas from your eyes rolling back in your head is fucking beyond me. Kojima may have made some of my favorite games of all time but goddamn he's not even trying anymore.

Look at every name in DS and they're so on the nose obvious it's insulting. Can anyone just have a name? If Kojima tried to give a character a nondescript name it would end up being "Tom Normal Man
I have played every Kojima game, I don't know if he is a genius or not, but I enjoyed every single one.

I love the silly stuff that he makes, they’re sometimes extremely cringe, but I still enjoy them.

I would be extremely disappointed with a Kojima game not having silly named characters like Fatman or Deadman...

PrefectAboro

Neo Member
It's a damn shame that we will never get another game with the mechanics of Phantom Pain. It doesn't even need to be a Metal Gear game, just something that controls like that. Absolute best 3rd person action/stealth combat ever.
Amen to that! Just when Kojima PERFECTED the gameplay of Metal Gear, he got shut down and made UPS delivery simulators.....!

Does Konami own the "Fox Engine"? They could be printing money with remakes of MGS 1-4 with that engine!

MAX PAYMENT

Why would it be Playstation exclusive? That seems the least likely considering the series has been multiplatform for decades.

reforen

Headline says "El remake de Metal Gear Solid para PS5 es real y se anunciará pronto según fuentes propias" - Metal Gear Solid Remake for PS5 is real and the announcement happen soon according to own sources

then you read the article and this is the key line:
Metal Gear Solid Remake would be real. At least this is the information we have received from anonymous sources and they tell us that this project has been cooking for years exclusively for PS5. Of course, we can not confirm 100% this information that reaches my ears,

so they are confirming something then not, these guys are like 4chan leaks

Bluepoint reimagining of Metal Gear 1, 2, and Solid as one game that goes straight through, with David Hayter returning would probably make me have a heart attack. And Kojima will give his blessing at the game awards.

I can't get that erect tbh. If done right, of course. More focus on the core of what made MGS great with less of the Kojima crazy.

RaduN

Some time passes...

"DIE HARD-MAN!"

You may not know this, but back in the day (some hundreds years ago), people were known and subsequently named, after the thing they were best known for, be it an extraordinary quality or more often than not, a job they did. This is why today, we still have names like Hunter, Taylor, Strong, Fisher, Smith etc etc etc.

It is not that far fetched that a broken, post apocalyptic society, would go back to similar simple, yet effective/practical concepts.

You may not know this, but back in the day (some hundreds years ago), people were known and subsequently named, after the thing they were best known for, be it an extraordinary quality or more often than not, a job they did. This is why today, we still have names like Hunter, Taylor, Strong, Fisher, Smith etc etc etc.

It is not that far fetched that a broken, post apocalyptic society, would go back to similar simple, yet effective/practical concepts.
I do know that, their society may be in shambles but they aren't primitive. It really signals to me a man that has run out of creative steam. I don't want to have to have retinal surgery again.....

Anyway don't get me wrong I'm not saying I won't play another Kojima game, just that I've grown tired of the same old shtick. Let's see what someone else can do with the property. If he has anything to do with it, no thanks.

I have played every Kojima game, I don't know if he is a genius or not, but I enjoyed every single one.

I love the silly stuff that he makes, they’re sometimes extremely cringe, but I still enjoy them.

I would be extremely disappointed with a Kojima game not having silly named characters like Fatman or Deadman...
I have too and also enjoyed them all for various reasons, at least here and there. But overall his last 3 have been huge disappointments and as far as the "Kojima HAS to be involved" argument. I vehemently disagree.

Why would it be Playstation exclusive? That seems the least likely considering the series has been multiplatform for decades.
A good remaster of MGS1 would be a system seller for a lot of people. That’s why.

Also yes, some MGS games came to Xbox, but not the whole catalog unfortunately. We’re still missing MGS1 and 4.

I have too and also enjoyed them all for various reasons, at least here and there. But overall his last 3 have been huge disappointments and as far as the "Kojima HAS to be involved" argument. I vehemently disagree.
metal gear without kojima is going to be like halo without bungie

metal gear without kojima is going to be like halo without bungie
We will see. The Phantom Pain already ticked that box. I never would have thought, before it's release, that I would end up far preferring the prologue to the main event but ground zeroes was great. Boy did TPP squander all the good will it generated.

RaduN

I do know that, their society may be in shambles but they aren't primitive. It really signals to me a man that has run out of creative steam. I don't want to have to have retinal surgery again.....

Anyway don't get me wrong I'm not saying I won't play another Kojima game, just that I've grown tired of the same old shtick. Let's see what someone else can do with the property. If he has anything to do with it, no thanks.
I don't agree in the slightest. Death Stranding is by far his most creative work since MGS2, and one of the most interesting and mind bending games (at least in the AAA category) in the past 20 years.
Also MGS is not your typical franchise like Assassins Creed or Call of Duty, where there's a check list that needs to be fulfield by the devs. It's the work (MGS) of a real autheur and that means it's much more than the sum of its parts.
Anyone else making a MGS game, is like some random poet continuing Eminescu's work. Kind of not how it works.

But of course, to each his own 🤝

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It could be if Sony resurrected the IP with Konami and decided to fund the game. They are also involved in the upcoming MGS movie so could be looking at potential synergies.

Top Bottom