• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARGH WTF: Mega Man only kidding when it saves your progress

So I just spent the last few hours going through Mega Man 1 in MMAC. I got all the way to Dr. Wily and tried to beat that last section a billion times (alright, maybe ten) but didn't feel like trying anymore after getting to the last stage of Wily and dying in seconds from those GOD DAMN ARGH SHIT GAAAAAAAAAAAH but anyway, it saved my progress after each stage in Wily's level. To the memory card. And then when I hit Stage Select after losing one time, it sent me back to the menu screen and NOW I HAVE TO START ALL THE WAY OVER AT THE BEGINNING OF WILY'S STAGE.

Yeah, I know the original didn't have ANY save function, but IT SAID IT WAS SAVING MY DAMNED PROGRESS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Seth C

You can always get the level codes after each stage, even the Wiley stages, but they don't let you stop and start back in the middle of it. You always have to play through the whole Wiley section.

Yeah, that is pretty dumb that it says its saving your progress, but I'm glad they didn't alter the original games.

BobbyRobby said:
Yeah, that is pretty dumb that it says its saving your progress, but I'm glad they didn't alter the original games.
If I even touch MM1 again - which I may never do - I'm turning on Easy mode.

But fuck it - there's still nine other Mega Man games to play. Er, seven. How do I unlock the Power Battle games, anyway? Hmmm...

Brofist

Yikes, thats how I always beat the 1st Wily boss (the guy who break into pieces). That must be a bitch now.

Kobun Heat said:
But fuck it - there's still nine other Mega Man games to play. Er, seven. How do I unlock the Power Battle games, anyway? Hmmm...

Beat all 8 robots in Megaman 3 to get Power Battle, beat the first 4 robots in Megaman 7 to get Power Fighters. I suggest going for 7 first - I dunno if I'm the only one who missed out on this game back in the day, but it's actually way cooler than I expected. The copious GnG references in Shademan's level tickle my nostalgia-addled fanboy bone to the max.

LittleTokyo said:
Stop whining. A real Mega Man expert would beat the game in one sitting. Weak Sauce.

If getting owned by Megaman 1 makes me weaksauce, I don't wanna be hardcore. :(

I honestly think I was better at the game when I was 10 or so than I am now. I know I beat it once then, and that was without any of this fancy auto-save business. Am I growing lame with age??

wipeout364

Kobun Heat said:
If I even touch MM1 again - which I may never do - I'm turning on Easy mode.

What would your future employers at IGN think of you making statements like that. You should be playing on hard with one hand on the controller and one in your pants if you want to work there. Also you should have the game beat by now since you would of had to of posted your review.

Yes - you can use the Elec Beam glitch, to an extent. If you pause the game with Select, then unpause, it'll work. It's harder to pull off (it actually requires a little bit of timing) but damn if it's not worth it.

If not for that trick this would be the How The Hell Do You Beat That Rock Thing thread.

A few corrections: I only had to beat Needleman to unlock the arcade game, not all 8 MM3 robots. And I only had to beat Junkman in MM7 to unlock the other one, not 4 robots. Try it. Unless my game is special.

The "select trick" does indeed work, but don't do it! Weaksauce makes Megaman cry. He'll rust if he cries. Do you want megaman to rust? You're killing megaman with your weaksauce!:)

And the cool GNG shademan music: for you PS2 gamers, hold square when selecting his stage.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
If not for that trick this would be the How The Hell Do You Beat That Rock Thing thread.

YellowDevil.GIF

[FANBOY]Yellow Devil[/FANBOY]

JackFrost2012 said:
Can you still enter a code to convert Shademan's music to Ghouls and Ghosts stage 1?

Yup, now you hold Square while selecting him. It rules!

So is the PS2 version officially better than the Gamecube one?

Go read the 5 or 6 5-page threads dealing with the topic and come to your own conclusion.

(the quick version is "yes.")

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
snaildog said:
So is the PS2 version officially better than the Gamecube one?
No, it depends on what you prefer and your ability to remap two buttons in your mind. I picked up the GC version over the PS2 version.

ninge

someone pointed out to me today that in actual fact the buttons ARE the right way around in MMAC - its just that they are the wrong way around on the gamecube pad. And you know what - they were right! A still does what A did on the NES and B still does what B did on the NES.

I think nintendo should recal all the gamecube pads in the world and fix them so that MMAC plays properly!

Vargas

The saving feature is even more annoying in the last few games since they have an extra set of stages. I wonder why Capcom got lazy and removed those four extras levels from MegaMan 7, 8 and never bothered to include them in the X series?

Top Bottom