• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ark Survival Evolved Is Getting a Native PS5 and Xbox Series X Version

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

PEGI has rated the PS5 and Xbox Series S and X version of Ark Survival Evolved suggesting that a release date announcement is due soon. The game was previously only playable on the current-generation consoles through backward compatibility.

When the Xbox Series was first announced, it was revealed that Ark Survival Evolved will take advantage of the console’s power to improve the visuals, performance, and other metrics. There was no such enhancement being offered for the PS5 version, but this might change based on the new rating given by PEGI. It confirms that the game will be getting a native PS5 and Xbox Series version.

On the Xbox Series, the developers were able to offer increased draw distance, improved resolution, and visuals. If the PS5 version gets the same treatment, expect to see a similar types of enhancements on the PS5.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

PEGI has rated the PS5 and Xbox Series S and X version of Ark Survival Evolved suggesting that a release date announcement is due soon. The game was previously only playable on the current-generation consoles through backward compatibility.

When the Xbox Series was first announced, it was revealed that Ark Survival Evolved will take advantage of the console’s power to improve the visuals, performance, and other metrics. There was no such enhancement being offered for the PS5 version, but this might change based on the new rating given by PEGI. It confirms that the game will be getting a native PS5 and Xbox Series version.

On the Xbox Series, the developers were able to offer increased draw distance, improved resolution, and visuals. If the PS5 version gets the same treatment, expect to see a similar types of enhancements on the PS5.
Now a Unfunctional game... In 4k!!

Kacho

Gold Member
If anything I’m curious to see how it looks and runs. Don’t think I have it in me to do another run though. No interest in PVP and once the novelty of collecting and breeding dinos wears off the game doesn’t really have a point. Kinda like No Man’s Sky.

Kacho

Gold Member
If any other versions of the game are any indication, the answer is "like ass".
I played the PC and it was mostly fine. Consoles are another story though.

I want to see how these next-gen versions stack up, especially on Series X with Ark 2 coming soonish.

Top Bottom