• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane Studios May Be Working on a New Dishonored Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This speculation formed as a result of a recent job listing posted by Arkane for a Lead Level Designer. While the post doesn't give away what game the right candidate will be working on, it does give some information on the position's required qualifications, which hint that another Dishonored title could be approaching.

One of the qualifications for the job is to have an understanding of the design philosophy behind "action-adventure stealth games such as the Dishonored series." While this doesn't exactly confirm the existence of another Dishonored title, it does mark that this Lead Level Designer is unlikely to be brought onto the team currently working on Redfall, which is Arkane's next expected release and a co-op FPS. That means that the studio's next title could stray from the FPS design of Redfall and return to the stealth-action formula.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
There were like 4 Dishonoured games and only one Prey. There's no justice in this world.

Denzel Deal With It GIF by SnappyTV

Mister Wolf

Good Dishonored 1 and 2 are excellent. I still have to beat Death Of The Outsider. The world of Dishonored would make for a great TV show. I'm surprised there hasn't been talks of adapting it.

Prey also had some stealth in it. Early in the game when you had no good weapons or powers.

Hopefully it's a Prey sequal. Though Dishonoured pretty great too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So this showcase is gonna be packed with tons of new games then.

Don't expect a new Dishonored or Prey at the showcase. This news is just speculation based on job listing requirements.

Arkane have their hands full with Redfall right now. And possibly a Deathloop port for Xbox.

kingfey

Banned
Don't expect a new Dishonored or Prey at the showcase. This news is just speculation based on job listing requirements.

Arkane have their hands full with Redfall right now. And possibly a Deathloop port for Xbox.
I am not expecting either. Just what other studio are working so far on.

We only saw a fraction of games from their 23 studios.

DukeNukem00

Banned
This is quite a stretch to jump from a job asking you to be familiar with the design principles of an immersive sim to making a new Dishonored. Even the actual body of the article says as much:

"One of the qualifications for the job is to have an understanding of the design philosophy behind "action-adventure stealth games such as the Dishonored series." While this doesn't exactly confirm the existence of another Dishonored title, it does mark that this Lead Level Designer is unlikely to be brought onto the team currently working on Redfall"

It would be nice though to return to Dishonored's world. Painterly, whale-punk aestetic is not something you find in games.

Arachnid

God, I hope so. Dishonored 2 had some of the most intricate sandbox design for levels I've ever seen. It was an amazing evolution of the first game and a legit masterpiece.
There were like 4 Dishonoured games and only one Prey. There's no justice in this world.
There are two Dishonored games and one Prey. Not that big of a discrepancy. Plus, both are equally good games (though I potentially lean towards Dishnored) so I'll take either.

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Let's go!!! Dishonored's world, lore, aesthetics, stories and gameplay are all top notch, one of my favorite game. It is also very few games that make magic really fun to use.

Its Deathloop 2 because:
* The first ended on a cliffhanger.
* its set in the dishonored world just in the future.
* You kill the god granting you all those sweet sweet powers in death to the outsider.

It will probably be traditional stealth action like Dishonored though.

Shmunter

Its Deathloop 2 because:
* The first ended on a cliffhanger.
* its set in the dishonored world just in the future.
* You kill the god granting you all those sweet sweet powers in death to the outsider.

It will probably be traditional stealth action like Dishonored though.
Deathloop2, but this time….without the loop.

Mind blown

SZips

I'm so down for more Dishonored. I am actually playing through Dishonored 2 after having never finished it the first time I started playing through it. I don't know why I stopped before. Been taking my time and having a blast.

Hell, if it's more Prey or even more Deathloop, I'm very much down for it. Big fan of most of Arkane's work.

Last edited:

DukeNukem00

Banned
Why are the making another sequel to this when the first two games flopped?

1. They're not making a sequel. The article just has a clickbait title, even the article itself says the job posting doesnt mean they're making a new Dishonored.
2. Dishonored didnt flop, the first game exceeded their expectations so the second game was a substantially bigger production.

Top Bottom