• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkane Studios Next Game Could Be Another FPS Or DLC For Deathloop

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Even as Arkane Studios works on Redfall, the developer is still keen to hire new talent, with a position opening up for an environment artist. While it doesn't specify what the candidate will be working on, other than "making AAA titles," it does ask that potential applicants have a passion for, in particular, first-person shooters. It's unlikely to be a position for Redfall, as that's been in the make for a number of years now and is likely in the late stages of development. This leaves the possibility of it being a brand-new IP, but what that could be is anyone's guess at this stage.

One other possibility is that it may be related to some potential Deathloop DLC. At the time of writing, there doesn't seem to be any official word about whether the time-loop game will be getting any extra content, but given that Arkane Studios is more than accustomed to making DLC for its titles, it's well within the realm of possibility that whoever is hired as an environment artist could be set to work on something along those lines.

Ozriel

M$FT
Nobody at MS is going to green light DLC for Deathloop. It apparently hasn’t sold that well, was steeply discounted after launch and isnt on MS console until late 2022.

Unquestionably another game in the works.

reksveks

Nobody at MS is going to green light DLC for Deathloop. It apparently hasn’t sold that well, was steeply discounted after launch and isnt on MS console until late 2022.

To be fair gamepass doesn't really work on the same commercial success metrics. If a game can bring in new users based off people talking about it then it's a success.

Separately I think it's likely to be DLC.

TheCakeIsALie

Neo Member

Even as Arkane Studios works on Redfall, the developer is still keen to hire new talent, with a position opening up for an environment artist. While it doesn't specify what the candidate will be working on, other than "making AAA titles," it does ask that potential applicants have a passion for, in particular, first-person shooters. It's unlikely to be a position for Redfall, as that's been in the make for a number of years now and is likely in the late stages of development. This leaves the possibility of it being a brand-new IP, but what that could be is anyone's guess at this stage.

One other possibility is that it may be related to some potential Deathloop DLC. At the time of writing, there doesn't seem to be any official word about whether the time-loop game will be getting any extra content, but given that Arkane Studios is more than accustomed to making DLC for its titles, it's well within the realm of possibility that whoever is hired as an environment artist could be set to work on something along those lines.
I'm finding Deathloop's story progression system unnecessarily complicated, it's putting me of playing it.

As much as "critics" tried to tell you this was the best game ever with lots of 10, ppl caught up quickly on why that was not the case and why they were full of shit. Its 50% off on steam already cmon. It's incredibly inferior to Prey or Dishonored 2.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Hope it's a new game, Deathloop is done the faster they move on the better for people who want to play good games and not whatever the hell deathloop is.

I am still suprised they haven't tried to build on the prop hunt multiplayer or go for an among us style mulitiplayer game using the Prey franchise.

Last edited:

Barlow

Lyon is working on an "unannounced project" while Austin is working on Redfall and Project Blacksky if the rumour are true.

reksveks

Lyon is working on an "unannounced project" while Austin is working on Redfall and Project Blacksky if the rumour are true.
Based on the names, I would assume that Redfall and Project Blacksky is the same. Do you know if it's two different games?

ZehDon

I'm guessing... it's in the 0451 sub-genre, focused on open ended combat, that uses a distinctive stylised art design instead of a focus on realism.

drotahorror

To be fair gamepass doesn't really work on the same commercial success metrics. If a game can bring in new users based off people talking about it then it's a success.

Separately I think it's likely to be DLC.

Deathloop isn't even on gamepass so why mention it?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm finding Deathloop's story progression system unnecessarily complicated, it's putting me of playing it.

I thought it was the total opposite for a game that's all about figuring out how to set up the perfect day. It tells you pretty much exactly what to do at all times until the perfect day is presented to you on a silver platter. I still really enjoyed it though, definitely worth finishing and checking out the invasion mode

reksveks

Deathloop isn't even on gamepass so why mention it?
Talking about what Microsoft would be looking at in the future. They will look at ps5 sales but they will also look at GP subs when it releases there.

But yes. I am probably looking to far in the future and at the moment, they probably won't making a decision based on speculation on the gamepass subs that they think they will drive.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
That wasn't actually a wink emoji, its his eye literally escaping off of his face due to being asked about Prey 2 so many times. Like a sort of hyper eye-twitch but it flies all the way off your face.
368841_7948583_1839282047_n_400x400.jpg

When you have a 50% off deal so soon after release, you know it underperformed massively.

Last edited:
When you have a 50% off deal so soon after release, you know it underperformed massively.
It might have, but also of course it did.

Install base is too small so early games, unless first party, established IP and/or from certain genres won't sell through the roof, the genre of this one is not one to sell to the roof nor is the developer one whose games sell systems. They clearly did everything to even those odds giving it as much coverage as possible but it wasn't likely from the start.

I doubt they're in the red though, and the game might just have legs. Plus it'll have a second lease of life on gamepass.

Developer is going platform exclusive after this, so no matter how much they say otherwise informed sony costumers are not expecting brimming support past the initial release that kills word of mouth; then there's normal costumers who are probably oblivious to it.

Sony is advertising Miles Morales for the PS4, one can argue it also underperformed on PS5, because PS5 is not that big yet.

Ozriel

M$FT

it’s been a bloodbath for AAA games this quarter.
Guardians of the Galaxy dropped to $20. Resident evil village on GOTY lists but already discounted to $20 (BestBuy even threw in a steelbook). Deathloop 50% off. Vanguard being the fastest discounted COD game.

I believe Avengers PS5/Xbox Series version already down to $10 for the BF window

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I doubt it’s DLC. I fail to even see how they could add DLC for Deathloop unless they make it separate like Death of the Outsider.

I want Prey 2.
Deathloop was done by the Dishonored team, not the Prey team.

Although I don't know what the Prey team is up to, they might have assisted development.
Shouldn't have made it a rouge-like.
Of course that can be said, but I think it's cool they could do whatever they wanted to.

Granted my hype is lower than otherwise, but I just might be surprised when I finally pick it up. I wouldn't be a client anyway as I'm still on PS4.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

not sure what I’m supposed to be ‘triggered’ about with this comment, SoloKingRobert SoloKingRobert 😂

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

They will definitely add something significant for it's XSX release in late 2022 on Gamepass.

Top Bottom