• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon will launch on August 25, 2023. New Trailer released.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That looked very last gen'y, the backgrounds looked incredible and give a sense of scale to the environments but up close it was all very sparse, looked interesting but I was honestly expecting it to look better
How many times people whine about graphics every time new FROM game gets announced? Its VERY clear FROM dont care about pleasing graphic enthusiast and I for one glad they dont.

Fbh

How many times people whine about graphics every time new FROM game gets announced? Its VERY clear FROM dont care about pleasing graphic enthusiast and I for one glad they dont.

At some point you just got to ignore them.
Some people seemingly only want to play cinematic 30fps graphics focused games from devs that take 5-7 years in between releases.

Meanwhile those who appreciate FROM for what they are and what they focus on are getting this game only a year and a half after Elden Ring

Danjin44

At some point you just got to ignore them.
Some people seemingly only want to play cinematic 30fps graphics focused games from devs that take 5-7 years in between releases.

Meanwhile those who appreciate FROM for what they are and what they focus on are getting this game only a year and a half after Elden Ring
But you also see people whine about why it takes so long to make AAA games but at the same time they want the highest tech graphics.

Never ending cycle.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Some other details:
- Can recover AP during missions in this game using a Repair Kit item up to 3 times.
- Movement speed is between AC3&5 and the battle distance is closer than previous titles
- Boss design approach is familiar and all about observing and learning and then adapting and changing from the assembling
- Yes to Assault Armor
- Assault Boost is similar to Overboost
- Can now select the texture of the steel, such as luster and reflection, and weathering in addition to all previous customization

Arachnid

Never played these, but I'm a FROM loyalist after the nonstop gold they've put out this last decade. Looking forward to trying this out

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I have to admit, this looks really good.

My only gripe is that its the 6th entry. And I hate jumping into a franchise well into it.

Honestly bro, I played them all back in the day there's hardly any type of serious story or connection linking them together, if at all. You can jump in anywhere they're all pretty stand alone.

Humanity is kinda in shambles. Mega-corps run everything. You're a merc with a customizable mech. You take contracts and compete against other mercs with customized mechs for jobs. Done, all caught up.

Its all about the mech building and mech action and they know it. Im fuckin pumped for this bad boy.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
they are an extremely talented studio who after the massive success of Elden Ring surely have a few $$$ to hire some additional talent to lift there games up so they dont look last gen

CGNoire

they are an extremely talented studio who after the massive success of Elden Ring surely have a few $$$ to hire some additional talent to lift there games up so they dont look last gen
Im with you and agree...but to be fair this is clearly a PS4 game with a Port for PS5. Id also like to say that the realtime lights shown have a simply massive range of falloff which cant be cheap.

Danjin44

Their priority is different compare to studios like Guerrilla Games who mostly care about pretty graphics, this should be obvious by now based on their past work.

Last edited:

Elios83

The trailer looks seriously impressive, I didn't expect it to look so good.
I wonder if it's accessible to newcomers though, both story wise and gameplay wise.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I would love to see an AC x Gundam collaboration for this game. Bandai is the publisher of both, so it should be possible!

Is that hitstop in a Fromsoft game? Look how the animation freezes after each attack from the sword.
Hit stop? Like hit stun? This could be a very good game if it’s enhances the mech with sophisticated strategic combat.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Their priority is different compare to studios like Guerrilla Games who mostly care about pretty graphics, this should be obvious by now based on their past work.
GG are a studio at the top of their game in all departments, From are at the top of their game in some departments, I honestly don't see why people are defending they're lacklustre graphics, it's not a case of you can have one over the other, why not both? Why not partner their incredible talent for gameplay and design with an art department like GG, fuck knows after the success of Elden Ring they can afford it, is all I'm saying their games "look" good and play great, why not look great and play great?

YukiOnna

Is that hitstop in a Fromsoft game? Look how the animation freezes after each attack from the sword.
Now that you mention it, it does look like it with each hit.
Hit stop? Like hit stun? This could be a very good game if it’s enhances the mech with sophisticated strategic combat.
The one you see in fighting games or action games to show an attack registers in animation.

Jinzo Prime

Now that you mention it, it does look like it with each hit.

The one you see in fighting games or action games to show an attack registers in animation.

Yeah, I don't recall seeing too many instances of hitstop used in Demon's Souls through Elden Ring, which is why I'm surprised to see it in AC 6. This is a good sign that the combat is throughly differentiated from the Souls games.

Perrott

Gold Member
People in this thread and all across the industry falling for the trap of serviceable PS4-era graphics in a From game.

Having played previous Armored Core games, I can tell that regular From fans are setting themselves up for disappointment, since apart from some minor tweaks to the formula (such as a decent camera) Fires of Rubicon seems to play exactly the same as previous entries, which is a massive red flag for the title's hopes of reaching mainstream acceptance.

Drake

People in this thread and all across the industry falling for the trap of serviceable PS4-era graphics in a From game.

Having played previous Armored Core games, I can tell that regular From fans are setting themselves up for disappointment, since apart from some minor tweaks to the formula (such as a decent camera) Fires of Rubicon seems to play exactly the same as previous entries, which is a massive red flag for the title's hopes of reaching mainstream acceptance.
I think a lot people were honestly expecting Dark Souls with mechs. Which makes me laugh. Armored Core is fun, but it's it's own thing and not soul-like at all.

It's not a trap, it's just that many people don't care - including me.

killatopak

Will definitely be a lot different to souls.

Souls essentially play out in a 2D plane. The most you could do is jump in ER.

Armored Core has flying so an additional dimension will definitely shake things up for Fromsoft fans that aren’t familiar with AC.

Top Bottom