• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI Showcase announced for August 18th at 16:00 PDT

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Ready to die.....
e26.gif

nikos

PvP doesn't look fun to me, especially considering there's auto-aim. At one point the enemy was being tracked behind a building.

I find aiming with a mouse to be the most fun part about PvP shooters. It's what makes hitting shots so satisfying.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Ffs. I was so excited about watching this while I ate my breakfast. Saw Vaati announced as a special guest… yeah, I’ll give this a miss.

Its okay.

I was watching from Cowboy's part where the actual gameplay starts and they show some good gameplay and mid mission customization. This showcase actually hyped me up more because next to the customization it also seems to be a lot of fun to play this time.

The game is set to release in a week, but the showcase video has only been viewed by 15 thousand people, and there isn't much discussion on the forums. The hype is considerably low compared to a typical From Software game. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a result similar to previous sales figures.
So where is the showcase video, anyway? The one linked in this thread ends after the countdown, but it has nearly 350k views at this point, so it might not be the one you're talking about. There's nothing on Bandai Namco's channel either.

Its okay.

I was watching from Cowboy's part where the actual gameplay starts and they show some good gameplay and mid mission customization. This showcase actually hyped me up more because next to the customization it also seems to be a lot of fun to play this time.
I wish he’d put on a fucking shirt or something. He’s in front of the world. That wifebeater…

Sooooo so good

I love English dub over anime regardless if it’s drawing or CGI. I love the cheesy seriousness and I’ll fight anyone over it.

My god this stream though. What the fuck, weirdly bad acting from the host, what’s up with that?

Regardless I can’t fucking wait for this!

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
So where is the showcase video, anyway? The one linked in this thread ends after the countdown, but it has nearly 350k views at this point, so it might not be the one you're talking about. There's nothing on Bandai Namco's channel either.
Yeah, that was the showcase. I was talking about the people who were watching the show live.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is it me or is that showcase goofy as fuck and remarkably amateurish? When the dude in the Giantdad wifebeater and shorts came on I was done, lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Something about the iceskating robots puts me off. Robots are supposed to be slow, cumbersome and have the ballet moves of a tank
I completely disagree, I grow up with mecha anime I fucking love that fast moving mechs.
tumblr_nye01ehtfs1rjxyrgo1_500.gifv
tumblr_nzwk904bbY1tbfscuo7_500.gif

In fact what give Mechs like Mobile suits and knightmare advantage over traditional tanks and jets because they are highly mobile.

Yeah, that was the showcase. I was talking about the people who were watching the show live.
Just for comparison, Bandai Namco released a total of 9 trailers and features for AC5. Combined, they have a total 550k views after 11 years. Yesterday's AC6 showcase alone is at 400k after a single day.

If you really believe there's a connection between view count and copies sold, how can you look at those numbers and conclude that AC6 isn't going to sell better than previous entries?

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Just for comparison, Bandai Namco released a total of 9 trailers and features for AC5. Combined, they have a total 550k views after 11 years. Yesterday's AC6 showcase alone is at 400k after a single day.

If you really believe there's a connection between view count and copies sold, how can you look at those numbers and conclude that AC6 isn't going to sell better than previous entries?
I didn't say AC 6 sales will be lower than other AC games, especially with the impact of Elden Ring. I said it will be "similar" to older AC games. What I mean is that instead of breaking sales records like Dark Souls 3 or Elden Ring, it will likely achieve more modest sales figures closer to the Armored Core series, but better than the previous Armored Core games.

It's also worth noting that when Armored Core 5 was released, the YouTube monthly viewer count ranged between 500-700 million, whereas it's currently at around 2.7 billion. We shouldn't overlook the popularity that FromSoftware has gained over the years too. Even Dark Souls' announcement video remained in the 400,000 view range back then(it sold 5,5 million copies).

pasterpl

I was hyped for this game but now I am not sure after this showcase. I loved old AC games, but this one doesn’t “click” with me. Ws considering preorder, but now maybe will grab it later during some sales.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I was hyped for this game but now I am not sure after this showcase. I loved old AC games, but this one doesn’t “click” with me. Ws considering preorder, but now maybe will grab it later during some sales.
You liked the older games but this one is rubbing you the wrong way?
What about this one seems off compared to the older titles.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Is it me or is that showcase goofy as fuck and remarkably amateurish? When the dude in the Giantdad wifebeater and shorts came on I was done, lol.

Listen, I'm all for people doing their thing/being themselves but...you're on a live stream where thousands/hundreds of thousands are watching, the least you can do is wear a fucking t-shirt and some jeans ffs instead of a tank top and...shorts.

There's a difference between "giving zero fucks®" and looking like a lazy ass/completely unprofessional/like he didn't even bother, dude got paid for showing up in the end, least he could do is look somewhat decent, instead, he showed up like he got called in last minute while being at home doing a 5 hour vidjya gaem session® ffs.

Absolute lazy display of decentness, this is why "gaming" will never be taken seriously.

Motherfucker, wear a Shirt, a t-shirt, a polo shirt...anything besides a fucking tank top at an event, fucking hell...

pasterpl

You liked the older games but this one is rubbing you the wrong way?
What about this one seems off compared to the older titles.
It seems too chaotic for my liking, I am getting older and have limited mental budget for high packed games ;) Nowadays I like to chillout with my games. Last games that was very demanding on me was doom ethernal, but because of my history with this IP I have finished it anyways. But since then I am trying to focus on games that are less chaotic (I love my RTS, aRPGs, hate turn based games - main reason why I have 0 hype for BG3).

i m not saying that AC6 will be a bad game, far from it, it looks amazing, but I will skip release window. It went from must have for me to will play some time in future.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It seems too chaotic for my liking
So this game is exactly like the older AC games, you just dont like AC games.

I feel ya, I hate most sports games even if I used to play them in the 90s, but now I dont enter sports games threads cuz I know theres very little for me.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
All these influencers getting early dibs and recognition from the dev. We need to sell more copies of this game and get some cred going. Best looking mech game right here.

Top Bottom