• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arnott’s Shapes teams up with Xbox to give away 'Xbox Series S' every hour to Australian buyers.

https://www.marketingmag.com.au/featured/arnotts-shapes-teams-up-with-xbox/
The ultimate snacker’s dream is finally coming true as Xbox collaborates with Arnott’s Shapes to give consumers the chance to win an Xbox Series S console every hour.

The campaign takes advantage of the latest statistics by the Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (IGEA) showing 92 percent of Australian households have a gaming device.

The delicious campaign will run from February 6 to April 26 2023, and the terms to enter are simple. Buyers can purchase any pack of Shapes (Pizza preferably) and they will have the chance to win an Xbox Series S console, every single hour.

Shapes and Xbox have stated that approximately 17 million Aussies actively play games across various devices, with an average play time of 83 minutes per day.

Shapes marketing manager, Krishma Sood says: “We know that avid Shapes fans often love to game, so it’s the ultimate fit to team up with the experts and legends at Xbox. The savoury snacking occasion usually goes hand in hand with gaming, with 71 percent* of gaming occasions occurring from late afternoon into the late evening – the perfect time for some Arnott’s Shapes!”
shapes-xbox-820x394.jpeg

Runs from Feb 6th to April 26th 2023.

Seems to be some sort of crackers, and you will have a chance to win an Xbox Series S every hour if you buy. That averages about 725 a month so they are giving out over 1000 Xbox Series S for this promo.

Is this a popular snack in Australia?

jigglet

Banned
Seems to be some sort of crackers

Yeah probably the most popular Aussie-only brand.

They've got pizza flavored ones which are my fav.

iu

If I were to partner with a "cracker" (lol never heard someone refer to these as crackers) this would probably be it. Should be successful.

Last edited:
https://www.marketingmag.com.au/featured/arnotts-shapes-teams-up-with-xbox/

shapes-xbox-820x394.jpeg

Runs from Feb 6th to April 26th 2023.

Seems to be some sort of crackers, and you will have a chance to win an Xbox Series S every hour if you buy. That averages about 725 a month so they are giving out over 1000 Xbox Series S for this promo.

They’re a beloved Australian snack. My personal favourite is Pizza Shapes. I noticed they’ve been doing lots of promos at supermarkets recently so this must be part of their push. Potentially taking advantage of potato shortages due to floods which have seen potato chip (crisp) prices go through the roof.

If I were to partner with a "cracker" (lol never heard someone refer to these as crackers) this would probably be it. Should be successful.

Well I mean, it is what they are right? Cracker snacks.

Like Ritz, but for Australians.

yeah sure it's technically correct but no one refers to them as that.

They're called shapes, another genericisation that has become the colloquial go to.

Also chicken crimpy is where it's at. One does require a fizzy drink to wash said shapes down with, it's only proper etiquette.

R.68203832d38e31770c2b150bd4d4fe09

I've been wanting to buy a Series S for our spare room, guess it's time to stock up.

Microsoft is gonna bankroll the Series S' success, it seems.

It's already a massive success, S/X is performing better than 360 did over the same time frame. Shocker a corporation pushes multiple avenues for success.

Anyone remember when Sony had a dead goat on loan for GOW2 launch?

Since the 2007 action-adventure game God of War II is based on Greek mythology, Sony decided to promote the game by hosting a big party in Athens, Greece. Instead of just having a regular party, however, the event featured a dead goat that was borrowed from a butcher.

We should have a thread on the worst gaming marketing tie ins, could be good for a laugh.

Doom85

Sorry, all I know about Australia is from Bluey

mate-bluey.gif

Geez, he’s just hurling his kids right at each other in a blatant display of abuse in a public area for all to witness?!

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

JK, Bluey is a cute series, I’ve seen it plenty when my sister and brother in law visit with my two nieces.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

iu

BBQ shapes > Pizza Shapes.

BBQS-1.jpg

Last edited:

Deerock71

It's already a massive success, S/X is performing better than 360 did over the same time frame. Shocker a corporation pushes multiple avenues for success.

Anyone remember when Sony had a dead goat on loan for GOW2 launch?

We should have a thread on the worst gaming marketing tie ins, could be good for a laugh.
My main gaming for the current next-gen is a Series S, friendo. I'm glad I've got a company with DEEP. FUCKING. POCKETS. in my corner.

My main gaming for the current next-gen is a Series S, friendo. I'm glad I've got a company with DEEP. FUCKING. POCKETS. in my corner.

Biggest problem for me is finding time to play all the good games out there, regardless of platform. This middle aged gamer feels like a game reviewer in that I only get started with a game before I'm off playing something else or coop/backseat driving the kids playing something.

Top Bottom