• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artificial intelligence of Redfall enemies becomes a joke among players. Game is the lowest rated Arkane game ever.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The recently released Redfall really didn't fall to the taste of the players and what they are playing are just finding bugs, and an "AI" that's more artifficial than intelligent

The game has been available for a few hours, but it was enough time for players to test the game and get an idea, but unfortunately the result is not the best. On social networks, for example, we already have videos highlighting how the enemy AI is doing during the game, which unfortunately is weak and does not seem to work correctly. The AI is horrible on any difficulty. Enemies in Redfall just don't react, even with you running and shooting like crazy on the side, and those who try to do something are slow.

Due to this low-quality AI, the game has virtually no challeng, which makes the game easy on all difficulties Anyway, given the current situation of the game, players are waiting for updates with improvements.

As of right now, Redfall (Xbox Series X version) has a 64 Metascore on Metacritic, making it Arkane's lowest rated game of all time. Just to give you an idea, thegame surpassed the classics Arx Fatalis (71 of Metascore) and Dark Messiah Might and Magic (72 of Metascore) in negativity. The user notes option will be released tomorrow for Redfall, which will likely be very low. The situation regarding Redfall is worrying even on Steam, as the title has registered 589 negative reviews and only 233 positive reviews - at the time of this post.

redfall-steam.jpg

demigod

Never have i seen piss poor AI like this in a game. It’s like they didn’t bother testing their game. They need to hire QA folks.

Also didn’t they fly folks out to preview the game? Did those folks miss this or were they only shown prerecorded shit? I thought IGN had hands on, how the fuck did they miss this or intentionally gloss over it?

feynoob

Banned
Never have i seen piss poor AI like this in a game. It’s like they didn’t bother testing their game. They need to hire QA folks.

Also didn’t they fly folks out to preview the game? Did those folks miss this or were they only shown prerecorded shit? I thought IGN had hands on, how the fuck did they miss this or intentionally gloss over it?
This is the result of patching the game after release.

Companies are lazy these days.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I don't get how can they do such a bad job, I'm solo developing my game and had more issues making my AI not overwhelm the player with actively attacking... and that was for about 1 hour or so before implementing a couple behavior nodes... And I was new to Behavior Trees.

I don't like calling devs "lazy" because no one in a company is "lazy" unless higher ups don't care about paying a non-working employee, but there's definitely some incompetence there, yes, supervision is necessary to avoid going out in that state but how a dev in a AAA studio even send something like that to revision?

IDK, seems like something happened because in the trailers the AI seems WAAAAAY more aggressive and pro-active.

Neilg

lol people are making this out to be that the AI is inferior, but it's clearly just a software bug.
it shouldnt have been released in this state, yeah, but it's not like it's universally low quality with no challenge... it just breaks really easily.

Neilg

Before we were told this AI is a "feature". Now it's a bug?

What to believe.
I dont believe anyone has claimed that an enemy not responding when shot at was a feature. and if someone did say that, they're an idiot and i'm still right.

The human AI is piss poor unless they’re grouped together but I think that’s kind of by design, they are supposed to be the enemies you wipe through. I’ve played almost three missions and some free roam and the vampires I’ve come across are all aggressive and interesting to face.

Only real glitch I have come across so far was a cultist human walking backwards.

Top Bottom