• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artificial intelligence of Redfall enemies becomes a joke among players. Game is the lowest rated Arkane game ever.

FrankWza

They somehow made the AI worse than deathloop.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I thankful this thread exists. I now won't need to waste time and storage space downloading it.

The human AI is piss poor unless they’re grouped together but I think that’s kind of by design, they are supposed to be the enemies you wipe through. I’ve played almost three missions and some free roam and the vampires I’ve come across are all aggressive and interesting to face.

Only real glitch I have come across so far was a cultist human walking backwards.
Is this a human enemy or a vampire?

GymWolf

I just don't get it, dish2 on max difficulty didn't had a super smart IA, but enemies were super vigilant with good hearing\sight.

Why not just using the same ia for this game?

They even had the stealth kill animations already done from dish and deathloop, why not using them? it's not like other games don't recycle their animations in sequels etc.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The human AI is piss poor unless they’re grouped together but I think that’s kind of by design, they are supposed to be the enemies you wipe through. I’ve played almost three missions and some free roam and the vampires I’ve come across are all aggressive and interesting to face.

Only real glitch I have come across so far was a cultist human walking backwards.
Maybe it's true that michael jackson was a vampire all along.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I honestly don't even know what this game is about. Haven't followed a thing since it was announced and thought it was going to be sheit. And I'm a big fan of Dishonored and Prey.
It's a metaphor for killing wealthy people and capitalism bad. True story.

Didn’t anyone play test this??

I can’t imagine these vampires taking over a nursing home, let alone a town.
I think it’s actually very realistic. See e.g. the latest 2 American presidents. Imagine them running “the greatest country of the world”. One can’t even walk and speak most of the time. Yet, he rules the free world sort of. If he can rule the whole free world, it’s not so far fetched that these vampires can take over a small town.

kiphalfton

Probably because they removed all the things that make (or made) Arkane games good.

Didn't they learn from Wolfenstein Youngblood?

Last edited:

splattered

How does s*** like this even make it in a game in this day and age? I haven't installed it or tried it but at this point I'm not even going to bother

SABRE220

How did this game even get 7/10 scores from reviewers in this state....jesus Christ what are these reviewers doing. In what state must a developer release a game before the reviewers start saying this shit is unacceptable and the scores reflect that. We have had games running at 15fps recently and reviewers be like"great game very technically ambitious"....

To release a game in this state after seeing cyberpunks walk of shame is just mindboggling. Microsoft cant catch a break I mean, Im hoping they nail starfield but at this point..

Top Bottom