• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artificial intelligence of Redfall enemies becomes a joke among players. Game is the lowest rated Arkane game ever.

I would really love to hear what Phil Spencer has to say about yet another pitiful first party gamepass release. Let me guess…….

Phils silence is deafening right now
phil-spencer-xbox.gif

ARK1391

Does everyone remember IGN's preview team dying repeatedly during their missing? If this is the quality of the A.I how did they struggle that badly.....

Alex11

They’re right here. Microsoft’s Arkane isn’t the Arkane of old.
Did a quick search and, yeah, that explains a lot, at least it's a bit of a closure/ish thing for me, lol, I sensed that it wasn't that same Arkane feeling with Deathloop and now Redfall, and every now and then just wondering what the hell happened. This is a real shame.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Phils silence is deafening right now
I had been wondering if he'd comment.

Whatever people think of him, I believe that he genuinely plays games and that he likely had played Redfall sometime in the last couple of months and knew that it was going to suck at release. I also think he wouldn't want to put the game out in it's current state, and knew the shitstorm that would follow if they did.

I wonder what it's like the next time the department heads meet up.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Seems people say the AI in Deathloop and Redfall are both bad.

I never played Dishonored games, except for about 5 minutes worth.

Was the AI in Dishonored games any good? Just trying to learn if AI was good but trending down. Or their games have always had bad AI.

Alex11

Was the AI in Dishonored games any good? Just trying to learn if AI was good but trending down. Or their games have always had bad AI.
From my experience, not really, I mean imo it wasn't as brain dead as it was in Deathloop, but also it wasn't something amazing, and it had its moments where the AI was almost as bad, where they would come after you like like sheep to the slaughter.
But I think that it was forgiven or didn't stand out because it wasn't about loot and imo you weren't meant to just mow down everything in your path and it was a bit more challenging to do so. Playing stealth and going for ghost was a very different experience gameplay and story wise.

ZoukGalaxy

It was Okish, enough to make the game enjoyable but nothing marvelous and definitely not Redfail level, a game like F.E.A.R. as old it is have a much impressive and efficient AI than Dishonored.

Jboemios

Banned
Questions for my game developer budies. Do developers need to develop and implement a new AI in every game or they can reuse it from another game?

From Insomniac? So like Fuse, which is a trainwreck that does exist?
Hahahaha oh my LORD what did you just spark in me LOL. I looked it up and realized Brian Bloom voices Dalton Brookes the black character.

I'm cracking up. I love him as Nick Reyes in CoD Infinite Warfare (incredible campaign). I may have to play this game now.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Questions for my game developer budies. Do developers need to develop and implement a new AI in every game or they can reuse it from another game?
They can reuse portions of the code and remove some. For instance in this game they removed the pathfinding code and replaced it with rollerskating.

They somehow made the AI worse than deathloop.
I was coming here to say just this. Brain dead AI was a huge reason for Deathloop being completely unengaging and somehow Arkane made it worse. It's also sounding like the shooting is somehow worse than Deathloop (which I called months ago) as well, with a huge deadzone and crap sensitivity settings. The absolute lack of effort in all aspects of it just screams Arkane made Redfall because they had to, not because they wanted to.

Top Bottom