• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artists on Neogaf - showcase your art

Zeroing

Gold Member

I had a phase were I did a self portrait every week using different techniques. Just trying to capture my emotions

Fredrik

Gold Member
Thank you. I still time to time sell a painting or a work but nowadays is rarely, it is becoming a hobby.
Cool! Just a hobby for me, it’s almost like therapy tbh, I wouldn’t say it’s just doodling but I rarely have a plan when I first start, things just keeps on evolving like I said before.

Btw, in Procreate you can create time-lapses, it records every time you place the pen down to the screen and then lift it up again as one frame in a video, really cool.
The evolution of a pirate, smudge tool craziness, it’s almost like working in clay

sedg87

I was thinking of trying out some drawing courses on websites such as Skillshare. Anyone ever tried those? Really want to start improving and I figure taking some classes would be of benefit. I've been going outside and sketching what I see as I've been recommended that by a few people.

bajouras

I was thinking of trying out some drawing courses on websites such as Skillshare. Anyone ever tried those? Really want to start improving and I figure taking some classes would be of benefit. I've been going outside and sketching what I see as I've been recommended that by a few people.
I tried a few. I find that they are only worth if you're either a real beginner, or you're just trying to learn a very specific technique. And even then, most of the time you can just search youtube for some good replacements, like just watching some pro draw live on Proko, does wonders for your own improvement.
Also, depending on what you are looking for, you can also try and find local classes in your area. Those are more expensive, but you'll prolly get a lot more for your money.
As for going outside and drawing, that's one of the best ways of improving anyways :messenger_bicep:

Top Bottom