• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As a 35+ year console gamers. I must admit pc guys are right. Frames over graphics any time!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I also notice a much more dramatic blur in games with the 30fps option. Dying Light 2 is almost unplayable at 30 because the blur effect and stiffness.

Beechos

Ill do 60fps over 4k. But my preference would be 30fps with as much crazy effects/high quality assets as possible at a res somewhere bet 1080 and 4k.. Ill happily take a matrix demo looking game with 30 fps versus a gta v looking game at 60fps.

Hoppa

Yeah 60fps every single time. I’ve never seen a game run at 120fps so can’t even imagine how jarring going from that to 30fps is

MurfHey

Im a 34 year old dude/father. I have never doubted the High FPS crowd, my thing is convenience. It is so much more easier (for me) to just chill on the couch with a controller for 45 mins than it is on a PC. Doesn't help that I sit at a computer all day. But in my thick skull, the console life is just a faster way to enjoy the games. It may not be the best way for all games, but its just easier for me.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Yeah 60fps every single time. I’ve never seen a game run at 120fps so can’t even imagine how jarring going from that to 30fps is

The crazy thing is, with current tech, there are no declining returns. Going to 120fps feels every bit as big as going from 30 to 60. I tried 240fps and holy shit, declining returns are simply not a thing.

I read once that the eye can distinguish up to 1000fps. After seeing how much of a leap it was going from 120 to 240, I can believe it.

The crazy thing is, with current tech, there are no declining returns. Going to 120fps feels every bit as big as going from 30 to 60. I tried 240fps and holy shit, declining returns are simply not a thing.

I read once that the eye can distinguish up to 1000fps. After seeing how much of a leap it was going from 120 to 240, I can believe it.
240 to 360 was very meh for me. 170-240 was a bit noticable. It's probably very subjective.

mansoor1980

smooth cinematic 30 fps with..................
-native 4k res
-ultra geometry/foliage and LODs(no pop-in)
-ultra ray-tracing( including LIGHTING/GI/SHADOWS/REFLECTIONS/AO)

1912-so-much-win.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom