• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As Halo Infinite cheating begins, console players call on 343 to let them disable crossplay

S0ULZB0URNE

200.gif

They can ban them all for all i care or non. The constant console defenders for aimbots in there games and then larping that PC gamers shouldn't use it is fucking dumb. There are tons of players on youtube that played behind PC with a controller and absolute destroyed matches because of there aim bot that insanely overpowered.

Lol at that description.

Sure, aimbot also slows your crosshair the moment it locks towards a player. nice way to pretend its not a aimbot.

Heres a good example of aim assist in action. 90% of mouse gamers can't even do this shit. where are the aim assists options for people that aren't fast with mouses? oh wait don't exist.

MarvelousFlamboyantHatchetfish-max-1mb.gif

Remove aim assist and suddenly this is the outcome on consoles miss miss miss

pubg-sniper.gif

Meanwhile with a mouse u gotta aim right or else there is no hit.

And console gamers are larping that its not fair for them lamo.

Sure.

1) What about run community servers so people can moderate servers and kick + ban cheaters 2 seconds later like most online games on PC do.
2) Ranked is a joke the moment console gamers can participate in it, aimbots everywhere. U can never balance this. So people pretending this game has any rank system are just kidding themselves. its a shit fest of cheating
3) Optimize the game and add DLSS into the mix + fullscreen mode, and optimize it better on PC, getting 70 fps on 3440x1440 with a 3080 is a joke for a game of this caliber.
4) make guns more impact full. enemy's absorbing entire clip of your gun just to break a shield just feels bad. shield is fine but needs to break far faster.
5) bigger open world area's like halo 1 had, make the maps more like battlefield less like counterstrike.
6) xbox accounts should have isp e-mail accounts validated for it, not free e-mail accounts, once a person cheats microsoft should send a letter out to the ISP to ban them off there servers as they know exactly who owns that shit, or else ban the entire ISP from the game.
7) ban ip's that cheat. even on vpn's they will soon rather then later run out of ip's.
8) ban hardware id's from cheaters.
9) don't want community servers? put on every server a moderator that keeps track of problems like this and eat the cost.
10) give the game a 20 buck price instead of free to play, or limit free to play to non paid servers.
11) allow modding, oh wait shitty uwp garbage they try to push forwards with there games these days ( with the excuse of preventing cheaters, yea hows that working out for them )
12) make server lists like every single shooter ( besides bf 2042 ) has so people can see which group servers belong too and join it, instead of "just a play button". its just lazy dice.
13) give people experience the longer they are on those servers to rank up in the server ranks.

I got way more idea's. i always have brilliant idea's. Because i actually seem to play the games unlike the devs that create them.

Aimbot is aim assist. Simple as that just different names. One can be more aggressive then the other but it stays the same.

anyway

People larping here that one is better then the other while pretending PC games are riddled with cheaters everywhere is just lol worthy. I play online games and shooters for ages, i encounter cheaters on a single hand in all my time and all of them got booted 1-5 minutes later when a mod comes online and ban his ass + sits there for a hour to see if he doesn't return with a new key. U can also just switch servers, as all those servers share the same banlist anyway that fall under the same group. ( what does the cheater do? move to the next server that doesn't fall in that banlist of those group and soon he will be playing on death servers and has to buy another key, he will soon be burned out on it ) This is how online works with PC in shooters since forever.

Just having servers that are not community run is delusional on PC and Consoles, the only solution then is to hire a fuck ton of people that sit always on servers to moderate them.
This is not year 2000 anymore, cheats for both solutions are readily available. And console users still pretending there games are clean honestly needs to google a bit more.

As the video's in the OP, guy see's he's cheating? say to mod aaaaand BAN, ip/account. Guy that cheats move to the next server until account is burned out and creates a new one. ( would be handy to have a paid solution in there like i suggested earlier on, which burns them out after a while )

Anyway

People pretending that crossplay is the issue, is the typical simpleton that doesn't understand what he's looking at. crossplay isn't the issue, its the zero moderation on the servers going on what's the issue and the zero punishment that comes with it.
Aim assist and enhancing it with a controller mod PALES in comparison to RADAR and Aimbot that is done on PC.
GTFOH with your spiel.

MS listens and will gives us a option to not deal with this shit.

I don't see the issue.

Doesn't console have auto aim assist aka aim bot? seems fair to me to give aimbots towards PC then same shit.

Remove it all or allow it all.
Have you seen the aim assist in COD Cold War for console players? The crosshair is drawn to the enemy like a fucking magnet the moment you move it within the players frame. You don't need to have precise aim, just aim in the general direction and aimbot does the rest for you and you pull the trigger.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
The ramping up of cheating is sadly why I prefer co-op games these days. I just have discord groups with friends and we plan our multiplayer content. In red dead online we got so fucking sick of being teleported and blown up from nowhere we all created a private server instance for ourselves (there is actually a semi-secretive way to achieve this that rockstar doesn't bother to detect or deal with).

Kagey K

Banned
Have you seen the aim assist in COD Cold War for console players? The crosshair is drawn to the enemy like a fucking magnet the moment you move it within the players frame. You don't need to have precise aim, just aim in the general direction and aimbot does the rest for you and you pull the trigger.
I stopped playing CoD around WW2 or whatever the next one was because of this.

Id be aiming at someone and if someone else ran in front my crosshair would follow the guy who ran by. Said fuck that and noped out of there.

Last edited:
as i've stated in this forum previously, F2P games suck ass because you can ban them and they make a new account.

IP banning doesn't even work if they have a VPN.

Have fun with the cheaters Halo.
Then make the account making process lengthy or difficult. Just do whatever means necessary to make life difficult for cheaters.

A legit player wouldn't complain about a lengthy account creation process if they play the game legitimately because it will be the only time they created an account.
What about building in 2 factor authentication process into making accounts. If you have to tie your mobile number to your account, then wouldn't that make creating multiple accounts an issue?

tygertrip

I've never understood how cheaters actually have fun while cheating.

I'd get bored of having the game do everything for me, is there a big dopamine rush from seeing your name at the top even though you did nothing for it?
They must be absolutely pathetic IRL. I can't fathom what would be fun about cheating in an online game with strangers. There's no money at stake, so the only reason to play is for fun. I suspect They must have REALLY low self esteem, and this is one way to stick it to others.

tygertrip

I dont know anything about programming, but I remember reading Diablo 3 is hard to hack since Activision keeps important files server side (when it comes to making random loot and dungeons).

Cant shooter makers do something with that idea? So even if someone installs a wallhack or aimbot gamer side, it wont work with server side info?
Its just not that simple. Classic Quake had people using aimbots, and the server ran all the game logic.

I stopped playing CoD around WW2 or whatever the next one was because of this.

Id be aiming at someone and if someone else ran in front my crosshair would follow the guy who ran by. Said fuck that and noped out of there.
Yep. Lucky I have gotten better at KB and Mouse now so I'm a bit competitive now. However there shouldn't be aim assist for console players in FPS multiplayer games. It goes give console players an unfair advantage.

dorkimoe

i love that crossplay is always advertised as a positive and people always claim to want it...until they experienced the excessive cheating on pc

i love that crossplay is always advertised as a positive and people always claim to want it...until they experienced the excessive cheating on pc
I have my mouse sensitivity on really high so If I'm getting aimed at from behind I can execute a very quick 180 and stand a chance to challenge the other player. Sometimes I win. Some people would consider me a cheater because of that when in reality its due to my settings or game awareness or both.

Bear in mind to some people really good game awareness in addition to really good aim would be considered cheating. I used to think that when I first started COD and people knew exactly where I was no matter what hiding spot i would find.
Turns out those pesky Spy Planes and H.A.R.P really make the match a ton easier lol.

tygertrip

Let’s ignore all the positives of cross-play (allowing more game mode variety, shorter queues, giving better chances for smaller games to survive longer, cross-progression, etc) so we can take a weak, short-sighted jab at Phil Spencer.

Without cross-play only a couple huge, cookie cutter games survive while the majority of others die. Without cross-play there would be no Splitgate active player base on console for example.
So true. I wish more PC games used root level anti-cheats. Don't like it? Then don't play. I say this has a PC user. I honestly don't think it would hurt sales. I don't believe The very vocal anti-rootkit-anti-cheat crowd is large enough to actually affect sales in any meaningful way. I might be wrong. But cheaters absolutely ruin games.

tygertrip

boo! bad PC players.

/s

the game is fucked as it is without cheaters. ain't touching it until they sort the controls/hit register out and banhammer the cheats. still looking forward to the campaign though.
Coming from BF2042, part of the reason I love Halo infinite is I feel it has rock-solid hit detection. The BF series? Oh. My. God.

tygertrip

I have my mouse sensitivity on really high so If I'm getting aimed at from behind I can execute a very quick 180 and stand a chance to challenge the other player. Sometimes I win. Some people would consider me a cheater because of that when in reality its due to my settings or game awareness or both.

Bear in mind to some people really good game awareness in addition to really good aim would be considered cheating. I used to think that when I first started COD and people knew exactly where I was no matter what hiding spot i would find.
Turns out those pesky Spy Planes and H.A.R.P really make the match a ton easier lol.
Back in the 90s, I was really good at Quake, and I would often get accused of cheating. But I wasn't. Even low ping bastards would accuse me of it. If anyone was cheating, they were... Joining servers where everyone else had a 200+ ping and they had 30 ms. Fucking bastards!

Kagey K

Banned
Coming from BF2042, part of the reason I love Halo infinite is I feel it has rock-solid hit detection. The BF series? Oh. My. God.
I played one round of conquest last night and deleted that shit.

It feels so bad right now, I‘ll redownload and check it out again in 6 months or so, and hopefully there will be some improvements.

bitbydeath

Then make the account making process lengthy or difficult. Just do whatever means necessary to make life difficult for cheaters.

A legit player wouldn't complain about a lengthy account creation process if they play the game legitimately because it will be the only time they created an account.
What about building in 2 factor authentication process into making accounts. If you have to tie your mobile number to your account, then wouldn't that make creating multiple accounts an issue?
Should just ban the Windows serial number or one of the hardware ID’s.

Last edited:
I say brick their consoles or ban their consoles from ever accessing online play ever again. Microsoft and 343 should easily be able to identity consoles that cheaters log in on. If you allow your console to be used for cheating, it should never be able to access online play ever again.

Back in the 90s, I was really good at Quake, and I would often get accused of cheating. But I wasn't. Even low ping bastards would accuse me of it. If anyone was cheating, they were... Joining servers where everyone else had a 200+ ping and they had 30 ms. Fucking bastards!
Low ping bastards LOL, but I hear you. It sucks.

bitbydeath

That reminds me of the old pinball fantasy’s game. You could cheat by turning off the turbo button built into your PC which would slow the movement of the ball.

packy34

Lifelong PC gamer.

Yes, some people cheat. It's inevitable and unavoidable on an open platform.

However, it's usually a relatively low percentage. Everyone loves to point to a few cherry-picked cheating videos and then demean the entire PC population like we're all in this together to make console players have a bad time or something. We don't want to deal with it either. Call on MS to implement effective anti-cheat.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Sorry but we PC players don't want console players anyway, it's bad enough we have to deal with actual hackers alongside everyone who's on xbox essentially getting an aim bot at long to mid range thanks to the insane level of "aim assist"

That's not a hack it's just what consoles get, it is disabled for PC of course even if you use a controller.

Such skill much wow.

This is beyond pathetic but gotta fool the console kids in believing that they are good at aiming.

tygertrip

Yep. Lucky I have gotten better at KB and Mouse now so I'm a bit competitive now. However there shouldn't be aim assist for console players in FPS multiplayer games. It goes give console players an unfair advantage.
As a PC player, I don't mind them having some sort of assist. Thumbsticks are so horribly inferior, only the top players would stand a chance. The only question is, how much assist? Honestly, I think the way to go is for console games to allow m+kb. Many games already do this. I use PC, but I have it hooked up console style in the living room. I use a wireless m+kb, with no issues whatsoever. Console players could do the same. They should at least have the option. Hell, I use an XBox controller for everything BUT FPS and rts type games.

Last edited:

tygertrip

I played one round of conquest last night and deleted that shit.

It feels so bad right now, I‘ll redownload and check it out again in 6 months or so, and hopefully there will be some improvements.
The netcode feels rough, and plus the BF series is getting so complicated. I miss the simple classes and minimal (if at all) unlocks of the early BF games.I do like BF Portal a lot, in spite of the hit detection issues. The netcode is just horrible. Maybe it's good for people with fiber connections, but I have to use a 4G hotspot, and I swear to God, I'll shoot someone 4 or 5 times, nothing. Then they hit me twice, and I'm dead. In Halo Infinite, firefights feel completely fair to me, with the same net connection.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

turntables-well-well-well.gif
Crossplay isn't the great utopia devs hyped you up to believe. Personally the only time I keep crossplay on is when it's in fighting games or something like that. Never in shooters. If this was a console only thing then I would never mind and leave it on.

Last edited:

tygertrip

Agreed. Mouse + keyboard adapters are available for consoles.
8 or 9 years ago, I had a Xim for my 360, that shit was AWESOME. I used it in Halo 4, and one of the Gears games. Single player, my conscience is clean. I do admit to playing Halo 4 online a couple of times with it, but I fucking SUCKED because I was so used to Quake 3, UT2004, and BF2, so I didn't do it long, lol. That feeling when you suck so bad at a game that dual thumbsticks users are kicking your m+kb ass... I know that feeling well, lol.

tygertrip

That reminds me of the old pinball fantasy’s game. You could cheat by turning off the turbo button built into your PC which would slow the movement of the ball.
A LOT of early PC games tied the game update rate to the CPU clock. I remember having to use this DOS program called "moslo" that slowed down that blazing fast 486/66 to a crawl, to play old games with. LOL.

tygertrip

Yes, forever ban the account, but go further than that, ban the console from online gaming privileges. Only allow the motherfuckers to get system and game updates. No online play.
This would create problems from False positives and used hardware. There is no easy solution.

tygertrip

Lifelong PC gamer.

Yes, some people cheat. It's inevitable and unavoidable on an open platform.

However, it's usually a relatively low percentage. Everyone loves to point to a few cherry-picked cheating videos and then demean the entire PC population like we're all in this together to make console players have a bad time or something. We don't want to deal with it either. Call on MS to implement effective anti-cheat.
I know cheaters exist, but there prevalence is overstated... Or maybe I just suck so bad I don't know the difference!

MrFunSocks

Banned
Because it still always is a net positive.

Have Microsoft done a competitive PvP game on PC before Halo Infinite?
Gears.

Why though? How do you know this for certain? Why shouldn’t 343 aspire to be better than the competeition? Why should we just roll over and accept this as a reality?
Why? Because like I just said, they're virtually impossible to stop. Some of the things that Microsoft have done to try and stop cheating - UWP, Windows 11 TPM requirement, for example - the PC world gets up in arms about because they WANT to be able to cheat lol.

Again - if you expect 343i to suddenly discover/create some miraculous catch all anti-cheat on their 2nd PC game ever, when others have been making PC games for literal decades and still can't stop it, I think your expectations are a bit high.

This is beyond pathetic but gotta fool the console kids in believing that they are good at aiming.
Except that's PC......

The number of people cheating in halo is being blown out of proportion in here by the usual suspects with agendas. Like I said before, I'm on series X, played about 200 matches, am Platinum 5 in ranked, and have literally never felt like someone cheated or that I was unfairly killed.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned

I don't know if I'd call this a competitive game in the sense that they tried to take it to the world stage and make a big esports on it. Also since it was never run as a service it never would have had an active lifespan of more than a few years, so it wouldn't have been much of a lure to hackers.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I don't know if I'd call this a competitive game in the sense that they tried to take it to the world stage and make a big esports on it. Also since it was never run as a service it never would have had an active lifespan of more than a few years, so it wouldn't have been much of a lure to hackers.
Oh they've had pretty massive esports tournaments for gears of war.

its the same shit or worse on Xbox. Halo on controller always were the most pathetic shooter ever with its two massive aim assists...
No it's not lol. Have you even played the game on xbox?

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
So true. I wish more PC games used root level anti-cheats. Don't like it? Then don't play. I say this has a PC user. I honestly don't think it would hurt sales. I don't believe The very vocal anti-rootkit-anti-cheat crowd is large enough to actually affect sales in any meaningful way. I might be wrong. But cheaters absolutely ruin games.
They won't have a choice but to utilize the root level anti-cheats because all of the cheaters are using tools on root level.

Top Bottom