• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As Halo Infinite cheating begins, console players call on 343 to let them disable crossplay

GHG

Gold Member
How the fuck you continue to get away with posting your nonsense in every thread is beyond comprehension. Your trolling is not even high level, just childlike idiocy.

Console cross play on multiplatform games is great. It is when you add pc to the mix that the problems arise.

PC gamers evil.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Pc cheaters and mouse players against console… the whole point of these games is fair levelled ground. Everyone playing same game in the same way.
I play some bf5 on pc And there is a cheater every night

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Lol. No, cPC cheaters = pain in the arse

Cheaters exist on all platforms.

Yes there are less barriers to cheating on PC compared to console but then it's up to the devs to take appropriate action (and put measures in place to prevent it). Just singling out a whole platform and calling for it to be excluded due to a tiny percentage of people cheating doesn't seem logical to me.

Shmunter

Pc cheaters and mouse players against console… the whole point of these games is fair levelled ground. Everyone playing same game in the same way.
I play some bf5 on pc And there is a cheater every night
Hilariously us console peasants pay for our online. Heart on hand, I used to stand by the fees due to the value proposition of a curated, even playing field that a closed system brought. Wtf are we paying for now?

Wait. You can't choose to only play with Xbox players? I thought that was always an option.

I don’t play many multi-player games, but I always turn off cross-play for this reason.
You can, however you need to enter xbox account settings and disable it there, on your account. It is really cumbersome and seriously not something that average joe will be dooing. By no means hard, but it will prevent people from finding games quickly.

GHG

Gold Member
Hilariously us console peasants pay for our online. Heart on hand, I used to stand by the fees due to the value proposition of a curated, even playing field that a closed system brought. Wtf are we paying for now?

Paying for online on console was always a bum deal from the start. All crossplay has done is expose the fact to people who were previously unaware/ignorant.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Sorry but we PC players don't want console players anyway, it's bad enough we have to deal with actual hackers alongside everyone who's on xbox essentially getting an aim bot at long to mid range thanks to the insane level of "aim assist"

That's not a hack it's just what consoles get, it is disabled for PC of course even if you use a controller.

Such skill much wow.

This doesn't get disabled on PC when using a controller. Only when using M&K

This hard data just took a big shit all over the console players are at a disadvantage and infinite has little to no controller aimbot arguments.

Average accuracy is up 15% from CE/3/Reach. Random controller shitters can aim as good as the best of the best M&K players.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Coming from players who have an aimbot built into all their games, it's funny

Will Smith Thats Funny GIF by MOODMAN

But cheaters sucks of course.
Is point and click any better?
I mean really … baby games are only point and click because it’s so easy..

Sophist

if you want effective measures against cheating, either you will have to accept a hardware locked end-to-end or enforce cloud gaming for everyone.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This doesn't get disabled on PC when using a controller.

I have a controller its very easy to test, and yes I know about the bug that apparently switches it on or off it just dousent work. There is no option to turn aim assist on or off in the controls option even with a controller plugged in its just not there.

All the videos iv seen showing it on appear from the Pilots test ahead of launch where things like the red aiming reticle where also active but have now been removed. My friend who also has a controller has tested in both target practice, multiplayer and bots we cannot get aim assist to "switch on" when using a controller on PC even when never using inputs outside of the controller ingame.

So if its a bug its pretty widespread.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I have a controller its very easy to test, and yes I know about the bug that apparently switches it on or off it just dousent work. There is no option to turn aim assist on or off in the controls option even with a controller plugged in its just not there.
Aim incredibly slowly to be near imperceptible, or, set deadzones for both centre and axial to zero so you get stick drift.

Watch in awe as the game aims for you.

Duchess

I don't play games online myself, so curious as to what I'm looking at here.

Take that video in the first post, from Reddit.

Who's cheating? The one recording the video or someone else? Also, how are they cheating? I'm only seeing people playing the game..?

Leyasu

Banned
Cheaters exist on all platforms.

Yes there are less barriers to cheating on PC compared to console but then it's up to the devs to take appropriate action (and put measures in place to prevent it). Just singling out a whole platform and calling for it to be excluded due to a tiny percentage of people cheating doesn't seem logical to me.

Small percentage or not, pc to console cross play on competitive FPS games is always going to equate to dry cornholing for console players. Devs should do more to combat it, but it should always be an opt in, not forced.

In driving games and other genres why not

You can, however you need to enter xbox account settings and disable it there, on your account. It is really cumbersome and seriously not something that average joe will be dooing. By no means hard, but it will prevent people from finding games quickly.

That doesn’t work unfortunately. The game just overrides it

oldergamer

We can thank Phil and his loyalists for normalising this. Yes that’s right, it was Xbox pushing it, and shaming those that resisted like a classic sjw push with inclusivity, gaming is for everybody, etc. rhetoric.

And frankly it’s always been an open secret why - the smaller install base. Install base and where your friends play is a key for choosing a platform, remove that issue and you can now go with the underdog without missing out.

Thanks!
Phil and his loyalists? saying shit like that makes you look stupid in my opinion.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Feel like everyone cry cheater all the time (hacks on pc, those control boxes on console). If bugs ya play with mostly friends, thanks to cross play that’s much easier now a days. Even if software eventually gets pc cheaters, it won’t help console players. that said easy for me, not a try hard in pvp so don’t matter to me at all. Prob won‘t touch it again when campaign is out.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well, would you look at that.

When MS PRed the crossplay push several years ago, this was one of the main pushbacks by some console gamers with at the very least it should be optional, and they were called BS fanboy excuses by one camp over the other.

Whelp. We have come full circle.

Last edited:

BreakOut

It should always be an option. I’m a bit surprised it isn’t. Well.. maybe not. Microsoft is pretty invested in PC. But it definitely should be an option.

Sakura

I remember playing against cheaters all the way back in Halo 2, I don't see what difference it would make if crossplay were off.
I've yet to encounter any one cheating in all the games I've played. But either way, it should be on 343 to have an adequate anti-cheat system, not some fault of the PC userbase.
How does CSGO deal with cheaters?

Kenpachii

200.gif

So console players should get Wallhacks too?

Let's just remove all the geometry and make it 4 vs 4 where it's whoever can pull the trigger the fastest wins.

🤪

They can ban them all for all i care or non. The constant console defenders for aimbots in there games and then larping that PC gamers shouldn't use it is fucking dumb. There are tons of players on youtube that played behind PC with a controller and absolute destroyed matches because of there aim bot that insanely overpowered.

If youre talking about general COD aim assist features in the options menu, that feature barely does anything. Its not the same as an aimbot.

When I play COD that feature is on by default and it's not like if you shoot a gun at someone 6 ft wide, the game helps you immediately lock onto an enemy like a PC aimbot or wallhack. It barely does anything. You can shoot someone missing wide by 1 ft and if you miss you miss.

Aim Assist is an option that helps you target enemy players in case if you use a gaming controller while playing CoD Warzone. ... The aim assist slows the player's crosshair as soon as it is near the target, making it easier to fire precise shots.

Lol at that description.

Sure, aimbot also slows your crosshair the moment it locks towards a player. nice way to pretend its not a aimbot.

Heres a good example of aim assist in action. 90% of mouse gamers can't even do this shit. where are the aim assists options for people that aren't fast with mouses? oh wait don't exist.

MarvelousFlamboyantHatchetfish-max-1mb.gif

Remove aim assist and suddenly this is the outcome on consoles miss miss miss

pubg-sniper.gif

Meanwhile with a mouse u gotta aim right or else there is no hit.

And console gamers are larping that its not fair for them lamo.

meter-autism.gif

Any other brilliant ideas?

Sure.

1) What about run community servers so people can moderate servers and kick + ban cheaters 2 seconds later like most online games on PC do.
2) Ranked is a joke the moment console gamers can participate in it, aimbots everywhere. U can never balance this. So people pretending this game has any rank system are just kidding themselves. its a shit fest of cheating
3) Optimize the game and add DLSS into the mix + fullscreen mode, and optimize it better on PC, getting 70 fps on 3440x1440 with a 3080 is a joke for a game of this caliber.
4) make guns more impact full. enemy's absorbing entire clip of your gun just to break a shield just feels bad. shield is fine but needs to break far faster.
5) bigger open world area's like halo 1 had, make the maps more like battlefield less like counterstrike.
6) xbox accounts should have isp e-mail accounts validated for it, not free e-mail accounts, once a person cheats microsoft should send a letter out to the ISP to ban them off there servers as they know exactly who owns that shit, or else ban the entire ISP from the game.
7) ban ip's that cheat. even on vpn's they will soon rather then later run out of ip's.
8) ban hardware id's from cheaters.
9) don't want community servers? put on every server a moderator that keeps track of problems like this and eat the cost.
10) give the game a 20 buck price instead of free to play, or limit free to play to non paid servers.
11) allow modding, oh wait shitty uwp garbage they try to push forwards with there games these days ( with the excuse of preventing cheaters, yea hows that working out for them )
12) make server lists like every single shooter ( besides bf 2042 ) has so people can see which group servers belong too and join it, instead of "just a play button". its just lazy dice.
13) give people experience the longer they are on those servers to rank up in the server ranks.

I got way more idea's. i always have brilliant idea's. Because i actually seem to play the games unlike the devs that create them.

Aim assist is not nearly the same as auto aim

Aimbot is aim assist. Simple as that just different names. One can be more aggressive then the other but it stays the same.

anyway

People larping here that one is better then the other while pretending PC games are riddled with cheaters everywhere is just lol worthy. I play online games and shooters for ages, i encounter cheaters on a single hand in all my time and all of them got booted 1-5 minutes later when a mod comes online and ban his ass + sits there for a hour to see if he doesn't return with a new key. U can also just switch servers, as all those servers share the same banlist anyway that fall under the same group. ( what does the cheater do? move to the next server that doesn't fall in that banlist of those group and soon he will be playing on death servers and has to buy another key, he will soon be burned out on it ) This is how online works with PC in shooters since forever.

Just having servers that are not community run is delusional on PC and Consoles, the only solution then is to hire a fuck ton of people that sit always on servers to moderate them.
This is not year 2000 anymore, cheats for both solutions are readily available. And console users still pretending there games are clean honestly needs to google a bit more.

As the video's in the OP, guy see's he's cheating? say to mod aaaaand BAN, ip/account. Guy that cheats move to the next server until account is burned out and creates a new one. ( would be handy to have a paid solution in there like i suggested earlier on, which burns them out after a while )

Anyway

People pretending that crossplay is the issue, is the typical simpleton that doesn't understand what he's looking at. crossplay isn't the issue, its the zero moderation on the servers going on what's the issue and the zero punishment that comes with it.

Last edited:

elliot5

there will always be hackers and cheaters online. the benefits of crossplay far outweigh the negatives. Though it wouldn't hurt to at least allow an option to disable it, but on by default is good.

Concern

I have about 16 hours in the game and had one day where a few matches back to back were people who were perfect headshots every time. I was suspicious of it but had seen anything about cheaters yet.

But we've reached a level of ridiculous that even console mods for aimbots exist. So lets not just blame pc players. I just hope something is done. Otherwise fps genre is pretty much dead for a lot of legit players.

Loope

Let’s ignore all the positives of cross-play (allowing more game mode variety, shorter queues, giving better chances for smaller games to survive longer, cross-progression, etc) so we can take a weak, short-sighted jab at Phil Spencer.

Without cross-play only a couple huge, cookie cutter games survive while the majority of others die. Without cross-play there would be no Splitgate active player base on console for example.
It's his schtick, he has been banned sometimes for it, just ignore it.

kyoji

Let’s ignore all the positives of cross-play (allowing more game mode variety, shorter queues, giving better chances for smaller games to survive longer, cross-progression, etc) so we can take a weak, short-sighted jab at Phil Spencer.

Without cross-play only a couple huge, cookie cutter games survive while the majority of others die. Without cross-play there would be no Splitgate active player base on console for example.
Dont have this problem on other platforms, if a game is fun and people want to play it they will, and there will be enough to play with to keep match making active. Its just that simple.

you sjw warriors made this bed now lay in it, cheating has always been around and always will be, the problem with cross play in this regard is you are now exposed to a much larger pool of players and griefers than you already would have to deal with in a singular platform or ecosystem.

zaanan

Banned

Even without cheating, console vs PC has always been a bad idea. Then when the devs implement aim assist to give console gamers a chance, PC bros say “it ain’t fair!” like we have seen in this thread.

Since there is no way to satisfy either side, perhaps instead of saying “bbbut extended life of servers!” we should realize there is a reason these games last only so long, and crossplay is for the benefit of corporations, not gamers.

kyoji

Even without cheating, console vs PC has always been a bad idea. Then when the devs implement aim assist to give console gamers a chance, PC bros say “it ain’t fair!” like we have seen in this thread.

Since there is no way to satisfy either side, perhaps instead of saying “bbbut extended life of servers!” we should realize there is a reason these games last only so long, and crossplay is for the benefit of corporations, not gamers.
R6SMAl3.gif

Sakura

PC bros have the option of just plugging a controller in though, like I do.

MikeM

I don’t get why people are so worked up about this. I have been using cheats lately cuz I like a guaranteed win sometimes, but at the end of the day people have to remember that it is just a game and losing doesn’t mean anything.
Wtf did I just read lol are you serious or joking? I can’t tell.

Kagey K

Banned
I don’t get why people are so worked up about this. I have been using cheats lately cuz I like a guaranteed win sometimes, but at the end of the day people have to remember that it is just a game and losing doesn’t mean anything.
If losing doesn’t mean anything neither does winning, so why ruin it for others to have your easy win that means nothing?

Backwards ass thinking. Just because you (and 100s like you) suck, nobody else gets to have fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom