• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley's Ballistics Removed from Resident Evil 4 Remake

deathsaber

Did they keep that overtime line while Ashley uses her ballistics on Leon’s back, while Leon pulls I got a gf line?

TBH, all that corny lines made me chuckle back then, but I understand if they went with more believable lines.
No, she just says she could probably arrange for Leon to be assigned to her permanent security detail if he wanted, and he replies that (after all she's just been through), she probably wouldn't need him anymore.

A lot less spicy. But more realisitc.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It really stems from the informal "one of the guys/girls/xers," relaxed speech that entire sphere uses to try and come across as relatable, not a blue collar old dude who doesn't get you, young impressionable youth, just a peer! Teaching you about relatable shit that we all go through, like idpol and how whitey is bad.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Did they keep that overtime line while Ashley uses her ballistics on Leon’s back, while Leon pulls I got a gf line?

TBH, all that corny lines made me chuckle back then, but I understand if they went with more believable lines.
As someone's said it's been replaced, but there's a bit more to it. In spoilers in case you don't want to spoil context.
The whole relationship between Leon and Ashley is a lot more fleshed out, and you can see them both get more relaxed over time as they bond over the course of the story. Ashley tries to plant the seed of them seeing more of each other a few chapters before the end, and by the end her line is taking a slightly more direct approach but without asking if Leon wants to act out various popular Salt n Pepa songs. It's all done rather well, and Ashley as a whole is vastly improved over the original.

solidus12

Just reached chapter 14, and when Ashley wakes up at the introductory cutscene, her ballistics are in full display.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Proceeds to say "ya."

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

Top Bottom