• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashley's Ballistics Removed from Resident Evil 4 Remake

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's a japanese game and that pair looks exagerated to you?

Lady vampirescu is the hilariously exagerated one imo.
It's too round and just oddly shaped.

Dont get me wrong. In the Horizon VR thread, I am advocating for a VR sex scene with Aloy. I am as pervy as that spanish dude. I will be fully on board with VR games letting us have sex with hotties. Titanic was huge because of those kate winslet tits. It's time to bring back sex scenes in video games.

Madflavor

Yeah I agree OG Ashley's bust wasn't cartoonishly big. Big? Sure, but realistically big.

Really? It looks graphically incredible to you?

Yeah ada looks good, as it was for re2 remake she is BY FAR the best looking character.

Aside from the rain, which should hopefully get fixed, I think the game looks really good. I'm not a graphics enthusiast though, and my standards aren't super high. We know RE4R is developed for both last and current gen, so relatively speaking it looks appropriate.

Lunarorbit

Oh shit then game on. Let's run a train on her.
train-tunnell.gif

GymWolf

Yeah I agree OG Ashley's bust wasn't cartoonishly big. Big? Sure, but realistically big.

Aside from the rain, which should hopefully get fixed, I think the game looks really good. I'm not a graphics enthusiast though, and my standards aren't super high. We know RE4R is developed for both last and current gen, so relatively speaking it looks appropriate.
It looks like a good ps4 game, in line with the 2 previous remakes.

Maybe blackstride was talking about the remake in general and not the graphic.

I know it's crossgen, but still...

Madflavor

It looks like a good ps4 game, in line with the 2 previous remakes.

Maybe blackstride was talking about the remake in general and not the graphic.

I know it's crossgen, but still...

Personally I found the graphical leap this new gen to be pretty marginal, so it just doesn't bother me in the slightest. Graphical leaps have been graphical babysteps this past decade. If a game's visuals look in line with standards set 3-5 years ago, I'm fine with that, so long as the actual game is fun. That's just me.

AJUMP23

Yes, Luis is Spanish but here in Europe we call 'latinos' people from European countries like Spain, Italy or Portugal, the ones with languages that descend from Latin.

The ballistics comment specially today sounds rude, but here in Spain wasn't back then. I had an inside joke with a female friend years ago where we both openly nicknamed Hiroshima and Nagasaki her -let's say not flat- boobs and joked about it.
nuclear explosion GIF

GymWolf

Personally I found the graphical leap this new gen to be pretty marginal, so it just doesn't bother me in the slightest. Graphical leaps have been graphical babysteps this past decade. If a game's visuals look in line with standards set 3-5 years ago, I'm fine with that, so long as the actual game is fun. That's just me.
There is no leap here, like whatsoever.

This is the problem.

I'm partially ok with crossgen games when they look like hfw, not when they look like this.

MiguelItUp

It was a dumb line. Who cares?
That's what I'm saying, lmao. Just like one liners (while amazing) don't really exist nowadays, things evolve. While there was some hilarious lines of dialogue in the game, I think I'm more concerned about gameplay, mechanics, etc. Things that I'd consider more important. Really excited to get into this when it drops.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's slowly seeping into Japan.

As opposed to their Lady D corny sexualization they jumped on the train with themselves? That was just as cringe. Millions of manlets rejoice!
I don't really want to be argumentative but personally I do think there's a difference. I'm not bothered by sexuality and don't really care... be pervy, just don't be a dork about it.

Leon could've railed monkey-ears in a cutscene and I wouldn't have cared. But if he said some shit about "bingo" during, it might have been a bridge too far.

GymWolf

It's too round and just oddly shaped.

Dont get me wrong. In the Horizon VR thread, I am advocating for a VR sex scene with Aloy. I am as pervy as that spanish dude. I will be fully on board with VR games letting us have sex with hotties. Titanic was huge because of those kate winslet tits. It's time to bring back sex scenes in video games.
That was the fastest puritan to pervert switch i ever seen:lollipop_squinting:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I prefer OG Ashley. Ironically has more personality and facial expression meanwhile this version seems to have less of that and seems rather bland and generic and looks doll-faced. Seems to place Ashley as already mature but the point of OG Ashley was to have a pampered immature 20 year old that progressed into a more mature person. It won't surprise me if those elements will become less impactful.

Madflavor

There is no leap here, like whatsoever.

This is the problem.

I'm partially ok with crossgen games when they look like hfw, not when they look like this.

I think it's only really a problem for people who care a lot about graphical fidelity. In this case it's developed as a cross gen game, it's priced like a last gen game, and for a last gen game it looks in line with the standards set in the past 5 years. Great graphics are only great for a few years, but great gameplay can be great forever. I think at the end of the day, anyone who has issue with any aspect of the game's visuals will get over it if they're having fun.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
No the dithering is still there, at least we can be 100% Capcom doesn't do bullshit game play clips. Everything they've shown is in-engine.
Damn.
Hopefully ive got a PC powerful enough to downsample from infinity to atleast try get rid of that dithering.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't really want to be argumentative but personally I do think there's a difference. I'm not bothered by sexuality and don't really care... be pervy, just don't be a dork about it.

Leon could've railed monkey-ears in a cutscene and I wouldn't have cared. But if he said some shit about "bingo" during, it might have been a bridge too far.
I just think it's all unnecessary.

Sometimes its more the principle of the change, rather than what has actually been changed.

When stuff is being changed for woke nonsense, harmless stuff being changed, imo its not a good thing, and shouldnt be supported.

Agreed. I am super excited for this one though. RE3 remake sorta left me feeling underwhelmed.

GymWolf

I think it's only really a problem for people who care a lot about graphical fidelity. In this case it's developed as a cross gen game, it's priced like a last gen game, and for a last gen game it looks in line with the standards set in the past 5 years. Great graphics are only great for a few years, but great gameplay can be great forever. I think at the end of the day, anyone who has issue with any aspect of the game's visuals will get over it if they're having fun.
It's a remake dude, the graphical enhancement is the whole point of the project...one would expect the game to look vastly better than a full fledged open world with hundreds of characters like hfw when we are 3 years inside nextgen.

Of course we have high expectations, i didn't bought a 2000 euros pc and ps5 to play ps4 game in 4k.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What a blow to Latino representation. Wow.

Jokes aside, it's an obvious change of tone for being a little more realistic. That line is really cringe.
Not really, it's a representation of his character
Removing it just removes a personality trait.
Sure they can still do that without it to display what type of personality he has.
but you got the idea of what lines he would cross with no fucks given.
He was clearly a womanizer.
It's neither less or more realistic with or without it.
Ashley response was more then enough to show that's not a respectable way to talk to a girl.

Too many sensitive fucks imo.
Kinda weird considering not so long ago they were marketing their new game with a very tall big titty mommy and her vampire lady cohorts.
Well it's taboo/fetish type shit.
Obviously they're okay with that.

yurinka

Not in Italy. "Latino" is (usually) south-american for us. Maaaaybe spanish.
And latin language - I believe - has nothing to do with it.

This entry for some reason doesn't have entry in English, but there's the Spanish and Italian ones:

There are some related stereotypes:

Visual proof needed.
I understand, but this would go against the law xDD

It was more a joke between she and me than anything serious or based in reality. She had slightly bigger than average boobs but weren't something special and weren't particularly huge. For us it was just a random hyperbolic joke.

Last edited:

peronmls

I guess they think women cant stand up for themselves. Music is annoyingly over the top. What's wrong with scenes without music?

Last edited:
I was kind of surprised they kept the mini skirt to be honest. Glad they did because you know mini skirts exist, but you never know these days.
It's not an actual skirt, the developers replaced it with a "skort" just like what was done with REmake3's classic Jill outfit.

The Original

Ah well, at least there's some jiggle.

I would be more annoyed if they intentionally made her unattractive.
Face Model

Photo Render

Realtime 3D Render

https://imgur.com/z5AOKct

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's not an actual skirt, the developers replaced it with a "skort" just like what was done with REmake3's classic Jill outfit.

The Original

And it looks stupid.
There are different types of skorts, one shorts underneath, underneath with shorts visible on the sides and shorts with a skirt at the front.
And they went with the dumbest looking one.

Madflavor

It's a remake dude, the graphical enhancement is the whole point of the project...one would expect the game to look vastly better than a full fledged open world with hundreds of characters like hfw when we are 3 years inside nextgen.

No it's not? Updates to the gameplay and controls, new approach to the story, new enemies, new areas, new weapons, etc. There's more to remaking a game than just it's graphics.

Of course we have high expectations, i didn't bought a 2000 euros pc and ps5 to play ps4 game in 4k

Sure but that doesn't mean you can't. I also bought a high end PC to play games on Ultra. Doesn't mean I won't buy and enjoy games that don't have cutting edge graphics.

Top Bottom