• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assasin's Creed: Mirage | Official Reveal Trailer | UbisoftFoward 2022 (Releasing 2023)

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Where's rewind mechanic?

Oh wait...

Happy Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by Amazon Prime Video

A shorter, more narrative-driven game than recent entries in the series, Assassin's Creed Mirage takes place 20 years before the events of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, as players meet a 17-year-old Basim (now voiced by Lee Majdoub) struggling with nightmarish visions and living life as a cunning street thief. Fortunately for Basim, the Hidden Ones (including his mentor Roshan, voiced by Shohreh Aghdashloo) see his potential, and help him flee Baghdad to the Hidden Ones' fortress of Alamut. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed – one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.

Built as an homage to the first Assassin's Creed games, Mirage pays tribute to the series' roots, as players join the proto-Assassin order known as the Hidden Ones and grow to become a master assassin. Baghdad in the ninth century was a bustling metropolis, and it serves as the perfect dense, urban hunting ground, as Basim stalks his prey using the series' largest assortment of tools to date. While they haven't quite adopted the name "Assassins" at this point in history, make no mistake: The Hidden Ones are a powerful and established order, with resources and the all-important Creed to guide them. As Basim explores Baghdad, he'll be able to get contracts and upgrades from a network of Hidden One bureaus throughout the city, as well as collect clues on his targets and take them down with swift assassinations.

Of course, an assassin's greatest advantage comes from their climbing ability, and as the series returns to a large-scale urban environment, Basim will need to leap across rooftops, scale tall towers, and flee guards by parkouring seamlessly through Baghdad's four distinct districts. When information can't be gained by gathering clues, Basim's eagle Enkidu can take to the skies, survey areas, and tag enemies for Basim to stealthily eliminate.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Support studio, never done a game by themselves before

I think I'll be cautious about this AC game then
There's always a beginning. Also it's F** Bordeaux, the same city home of Asobo Studio and where I live ^^ There's plenty of talented people there, but the budget is not the same as a full open world sequel like the "Red" one.

Kupfer

Is this still a game within the animus or can we finally just play an assassin in the "real" world ? This high techy stuff within the "old" worlds or disconnecting when you didn't behave like the dev want you to was annoying (unity was my last AC).
Not that I'm going to buy a Ubisoft game anyway ... just curious.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
it started as an expansion for valhalla.

Yeah but that was over a year ago, I'd have to imagine the content has been reworked to be a full games length by now.

And it's Ubisoft, generally they're not this 'good'.

Tommi84

I'm in! Looks like the old AC games.

Yeah, yeah. I know. CGI only, but I hope it will move some benchmarks as Unity did.

Also: Shohreh Aghdashloo!! (You may remember her from the role of Chrisjen Avasarala in Expanse)

Last edited:

Zoloft

Banned
I'm impressed how Ubisoft is nailing the Arabic settings with actual arabic language and actual written words and going so far as the details in the collector's case which is very nice. Other devs would just slap fake arabic and be done with it. Good job Ubi.

As for the trailer, I thought it was nice. Although, going back to the roots means dropping RPG but I will wait and see. Syndicate was action adventure and it was incredible.
and they are using the fosha not some dialect which is awesome. I really hate when video games developers hire some close minded Egyptians or lebaneses dub teams.

makaveli60

Does being trained by woman in a ancient middle eastern country count?

Either way I'm glad it actually looks like an Assassin Creed game
Doesn’t seem accurate historically, but I can accept that, just don’t go further down this line…

Bragr

Banned
Is this still a game within the animus or can we finally just play an assassin in the "real" world ? This high techy stuff within the "old" worlds or disconnecting when you didn't behave like the dev want you to was annoying (unity was my last AC).
Not that I'm going to buy a Ubisoft game anyway ... just curious.
Yeah, what a fuck is going on with that? It only worked in the first game and got worse and worse throughout the franchise. It would be such a relief to not have to deal with that.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
It's a cross-gen game, meaning the xbox one - which is now little better than a new smartphone in gaming performance - will be the baseline.

Last edited:

sainraja

This looks very interesting to me! I am excited for an AC game again and I haven't said this in a while. This reminds me of Prince of Persia and the early Assassins Creed days.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Hopefully it's good and well received so they can realize that old AC is WAY better than the last 3
Not sales wise they arent. The reason why we are even getting all this AC content is because of how big the games have sold since they rebooted into Witcher 3 style rpg's.
And a proper RPG style AC is still coming, its the 'Hex' one i believe.
From what i understand this Mirage game started out as dlc.

Last edited:

Elios83

The premise is interesting, the fact they're going back to classic AC formula is great, since it's 50$ I guess this will be shorter than the typical full game, probably it's because it started as a DLC.
But the generic CGI trailer was so anti hype and pointless.
Maybe they'll have gameplay at the Sony showcase or at TGA in December?

ShaikhCroft

Expected a deep dive gameplay as mentioned by Tom Henderson. Disappointed on that part.

But the Baghdad setting is so promising. If it is half like AC 1 or 2 then we will have a treat.

I just can't get past the voice work of Shohreh Aghdashloo.

All I hear is her character from The Expanse TV show. Her voice is like Nathan Fillian's, in that it's just too recognisable. I really don't want to hear her in every game. It's jarring.

tusharngf

Is this the next gen only one? I hope so.

Basically playing Aladin/prince of Persia again. Love that. Wish it was a new character tho.
Assassin's Creed Mirage will launch in 2023 on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC, Stadia, and even Amazon Luna.

EDMIX

I want to play an AC game but I do not want to play as fucking Basim.

Good for those who want to roleplay as bad guys though.

? I think it might be a story simply show why he becomes bad or something, as in he starts out as a good person.

Thats MGS3 in a nutshell lol You find out why Big Boss becomes a bad guy, but the game is about him being a good person. I don't care enough about any of AC's stories to give a shit about who i'm playing btw lol I simply don't give a shit lol
Looks fun, will check it out. I don't even care if I found out in some other game this man was out here slaughtering rivers of puppies! lol Its fun to play the bad guy. I'd even go as far as to say I'd love a game where you merely played as the villain and really fucked shit up.

Mirage is $50?

Perfect 👌

yes, this is very, vey surprising. They must be hoping to move a massive volume of units to make this pay off as I doubt those other big projects like the RPG ones will be some discount like this.

I'm 99% sure Valhalla wasn't and it wasn't next gen only.

......edit, well this one is cross gen too lol So they are looking for volume then.
2023 will potentially be the greatest year ever in gaming history.

Yup, will rival 2001 big time.

Spiderman 2
Starfield
BoTW 2
FFXVI
RE4 remake
Street Fighter 6
Dead Space remake
A classic linear AC title

annnnnd prepare your wallets for assault lol

zkorejo

Looking forward to the gameplay. I'm excited for this. Potential day 1 buy for me.

Love the city, main character is very interesting and all I'm looking forward to is gameplay. Heavy POP and early AC vibes.

EDMIX

Fucking lame that they have announced a gazillion pre-order options before they even show any gameplay.
"Give us all your money long before we have proved this game will actually be any good"

Sure but....you can also wait till they show the gameplay later on so....

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Looks like Assassin's Creed, yep.

Cgi trailer, of course, but I guess there's interesting ideas in the trailer that will be adapted into less impressive looking janky animations in game.

Haven't played Valhalla yet, I platinumed Odyssey and that was A LOT of Assassin's Creed, so I don't know which decade I'll get around to this, but hype for single, large city sandbox game.

samoilaaa

Do you realize where this game takes place? Serious question.
if we can have magical artifacts and alien gods i think we can have white people right ?
isnt that the argument that most black people use when there are only white people in medieval europe type games like kingdom come deliverance ( and this isnt a fantasy game , is actually historical ) ? " but but its a world with fantasy elements why cant there be black people these devs are racist "
only white people was normal in a game like the witcher because its based on slavic folklore and yet people still complained that it was racist

Top Bottom