• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assasin's Creed: Mirage | Official Reveal Trailer | UbisoftFoward 2022 (Releasing 2023)

Fredrik

Im in.

I didnt make it far enough in valhalla to dislike basim
Lol yeah same here, I’ve seen the summary but I’m not hating him, for me he’s just a mysterius guy who came in at the start and then disappeared.

Valhalla was such a letdown, should never have been called Assassin’s Creed, they just wanted to make a viking game really. But going by the trailer Mirage looks to be about stealth again. Cautiously optimistic!

I want to play an AC game but I do not want to play as fucking Basim.

Good for those who want to roleplay as bad guys though.

Well, in Valhalla he's not even Basim anymore. We're talking about Loki who was purely self-centered and out for vengeance for what happened to his loved ones.

This time we are going to see real Basim.

supernova8

Banned
Sure but....you can also wait till they show the gameplay later on so....
Goes without saying (which is why I didn't say it). Doesn't change it being stupid though. This shit wasn't so prevalent before gaming became so corporatized/mainstream.

SJRB

Gold Member
Well, in Valhalla he's not even Basim anymore. We're talking about Loki who was purely self-centered and out for vengeance for what happened to his loved ones.

This time we are going to see real Basim.

Wh... what?

Is this for real?

Last edited:
Wh... what?

Is this for real?

AC Wikipedia will explain it better but essentially Loki's (who is an ISU in AC lore) consciousness was fully reborn in Basim and his main goal was to find the one that was reincarnation of Odin (at first he didn't know whether it was Eivor or Sigurd) and take revenge on him.

We don't know the real Basim and what led to Loki taking control over him. If I were to guess, what we're seeing at the end of the trailer (that creature, Djinn apparently) is Loki and Basim will have an internal struggle, see some visions, slowly going insane etc.

Ok, some truly exciting news from this Gamespot article:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a...stic-return-to-the-series-roots/1100-6507322/

- No giant, branching skill trees
- More condensed experience, think AC Revelations or Rogue
- Baghdad to be as dense as Paris in Unity
- Like in Unity, plenty of buildings are enterable and you can parkour through them
- Greater emphasis on social stealth, parkour abilities, and strategic approach to assassinations (using crowds, laying traps, vanishing tools)
- Basim is not as tanky as Eivor so sometimes it's better to flee than fight multiple enemies
- Basim has a lot of gadgets and skills to help him traverse the city, including the pole vault to cross gaps while running
- Multi-Kill assassinations confirmed (think Fear-Takedowns in Batman Arkham Knight)
- Hitman style Black Box Assassination missions are back!
- No modern day segments, far less sci-fi and mythological stuff (mostly some hints or winks about the mythological culture of Persia and Middle East)

Last edited:

Arun1910

AC Wikipedia will explain it better but essentially Loki's (who is an ISU in AC lore) consciousness was fully reborn in Basim and his main goal was to find the one that was reincarnation of Odin (at first he didn't know whether it was Eivor or Sigurd) and take revenge on him.

We don't know the real Basim and what led to Loki taking control over him. If I were to guess, what we're seeing at the end of the trailer (that creature, Djinn apparently) is Loki and Basim will have an internal struggle, see some visions, slowly going insane etc.
I think you've summed it up nicely.

This was also the reason for all the mythical DLC too, to explore more about the old Gods (which honestly, couldn't care less).

I'm glad that they have a new voice actor for Basim, I like his acting much more, and I also like that we will actually be seeing his rise from Thief to Assassin.

I also noticed the price of the game is cheaper than what you would normally expect which to me lines up to the leak that the main story is 20 hours long and more focused. I'm super happy about this.

yurinka

"Hey, since we are creating these assets for AC 1 remake, why not reuse them on a new AC?"

"Eh, why not"

I wanna know what studio is making it. If its UBI Montreal, nice.

If its Ubi India, Singapore or some other unknown Ubi studio ... I'll stay away
A gazillion Ubisoft studios from all around world will work on it, as happens with any AAA Ubisoft game. This time maybe a bit less studios because someone said it isn't as big as the recent AC games.

The lead studio this time will be Ubisoft Bordeux, created in 2017 (it's in the South of France, like Ubisoft Montpellier, Lyon or Annecy so I assume got talent from there and from Ubisoft Paris).

Ok, some truly exciting news from this Gamespot article:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a...stic-return-to-the-series-roots/1100-6507322/

- No giant, branching skill trees
- More condensed experience, think AC Revelations or Rogue
- Baghdad to be as dense as Paris in Unity
- Like in Unity, plenty of buildings are enterable and you can parkour through them
- Greater emphasis on social stealth, parkour abilities, and strategic approach to assassinations (using crowds, laying traps, vanishing tools)
- Basim is not as tanky as Eivor so sometimes it's better to flee than fight multiple enemies
- Basim has a lot of gadgets and skills to help him traverse the city, including the pole vault to cross gaps while running
- Multi-Kill assassinations confirmed (think Fear-Takedowns in Batman Arkham Knight)
- Hitman style Black Box Assassination missions are back!
- No modern day segments, far less sci-fi and mythological stuff (mostly some hints or winks about the mythological culture of Persia and Middle East)
Sounds basically what I'd have done with AC. This and split the resources of a big ass project like AC Valhalla + its DLCs into 3 different games with no big DLCs/season passes. Which sounds it's what they did (the other 2 would be AC Red and Hexe)

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
My worry is that this is the only classic ac game if it doesn't sell well

Are the others announced back to rpg mechanics?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Drop the dogshit 'numbers get bigger' and shitty skill tree rpg garbage and I'd be ready to jump into some more asscreed especially if it's a more urban setting like Baghdad.

Chronicle

Looks decent if they can get it up to current gen expectations by next year. These games became too large though. I like them but I'm not going to devote 100 hrs to a campaign. Valhalla was fun but waaaaay too big.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition as it was only £34.99
A bit cheap though 🤔

Man what's the point of cgi reveal again? Pointless waste of server space. Just wait until you have something nice to show and make an ingame trailer ala Rockstar.

Pagusas

Elden Member
As someone who absolutely loves Odyssey, I wish I understood what you all dislike about it. I do like that they are giving us both RPG and Non-RPG games to make everyone happy though. I'm also glad the worst location (India) was given the smaller treatment while Japan gets the big open world RPG. Thinking of an Odyssey like game set in Japan... damn thats got me smiling.

Last edited:

Ishma3L

Recently it seems like there is more incentive to develop ideas to a point and market said ideas then there is to actually release a fully realized end product video game.

Ngl this looks amazing. Setting is accurate, you can see a heavy focus on stealth and assassin like activity. Love the focus on Arabian history, day 1

EDMIX

No modern day segments

This is all I asked for lol

I want to see the whole series do away with that garbage. The story is so boring, I would literally try to find ways to just skip thru those elements when I played AC Origins and Odyssey lol

I was like "oh yea, I forgot they did that dumbass sci fi dna shit.....ok where the skip button at" lol

The story based on the main idea of the game is good enough and i don't know why for so many games they keep putting that weird sci fi crap in there. Allow it to be a period piece and move on.

TGO TGO Nothing looks cheap about this other then its price, so I don't really know what they are aiming for and maybe they are looking for a huge volume of sales or something. It is after all cross gen.

Maybe its because the game has a shorter story then the other big RPG titles and they feel people will make a big deal going from 100 plus hours of Valhalla to 20 hours or so with Mirage.

I get people bitch about this whole "bloat", but understand those same gamers bitched about how short The Order 1886 was at full price too.... There is no pleasing gamers some times and maybe they feel this can work to minimize that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Cross gen in 2023??? This is why more 3rd party deals need to exist. Development costs are so high, there needs to be substantial incentive for current gen only games.

Where are the white people? so much for positive inclusivity :p

didnt you know ? its ok if all people are of the same color as long as its not white , if everyone is white thats racist

Really? We're complaining about lack of white people for a game set in Persia now huh.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Really? We're complaining about lack of white people for a game set in Persia now huh.
While I agree it's kinda stupid complaining about lack of white people for a game set in Persia.
It never stops them when it's the opposite way round.

samoilaaa

Cross gen in 2023??? This is why more 3rd party deals need to exist. Development costs are so high, there needs to be substantial incentive for current gen only games.

were black people seriously complaining about lack of black people in a game set in medieval europe ?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ubisoft know how to make good cg trailer, this reminded me of my favourite from ac2 when ezio kill the dude with the arm cannon.

Stuart360

were black people seriously complaining about lack of black people in a game set in medieval europe ?
There was a lot of bile thrown against Kingdom Come Deliverance about the lack of 'people of colour' (eevn though yes it was medieval Europe lol).
Whether it was black people doing the moaning, who knows but probably not.

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-mirage-influences-gameplay-setting-interview/

From the interview with Mirage's creative director Stephane Boudon

"Yes, we started Mirage, in its first idea, as a Valhalla DLC, and it was quite different at the time. That idea only lived for a few weeks and only on paper, in fact. Quite early, we decided to become a standalone with a full new character because we saw all the potential of such a return to the roots. And it was all pretty quick."

Some other intresting points from the article:

• Mirage has a bit more about Bayek and his legacy, plus some links to Altair
  • Unity was an inspiration for Mirage's parkour system, but they aimed to upgrade and enhance with new animations and a quickness for Basim .
  • Wanted system is back. Player can be foot chased inside the city. The crowd can sometimes recognize you if you were wanted.
  • Compare Mirage's length to first one, Assassin's Creed Revelations, or Assassin's Creed Unity. So might not necessarily shorter than the mainline games before Origins
  • 3 type of detection states that are clearly showcased to the player. Warning state - can evade easily, search state - leads NPCs to look for you and try to investigate you, last state- fight and conflict .
  • Detection will spread between AI , there are different enemy archetypes that will play with all those stage behaviors . Some archetypes are able to use their horn to call reinforcements.

1271236.jpg
1271237.jpg
1271238.jpg
acm-screen-stealth-20220910-1020pm-cest-paris-time_hz7s.jpg
AssassinsCreedMirage_2_0.jpg
Holy mother of fuck! Masyaf looks unbelievable. I'm getting chills honestly. This pretty much also confirms we are getting an AC1 remake in this new version of the engine. I can't fucking wait.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Holy mother of fuck! Masyaf looks unbelievable. I'm getting chills honestly. This pretty much also confirms we are getting an AC1 remake in this new version of the engine. I can't fucking wait.
I 100000% believe we'll be getting remakes of 1 and 2 (and even 3 and Black flag will get some love too) all because of Infinity and how they want to use it.

They want Infinity to basically be a Assassin's Creed launcher, they want you to experiance all new AC content through it, a singular hub where they can push new content, new DLC, new games. But they also will want to utilzie it to cross promote older games, and get you to replay/rebuy them. Remaking AC1 and AC2/brotherhood/Revelations would be a great way to pull in more money and utilize their B/C teams to do it. I firmly believe the whole reason Mirage is a shorter experience and aligned more with the gameplay of AC1/2/3 is that they want it to built up to remake those games with. AKA Mirage is a proof of concept/test of tools to build out what they need to easily remake the old games in. Once they are done with that they'll assigned the lesser teams on it, than use Infinity to sell it to you.

ButchCat

Interesting. It looks very similar. But if it was "built" the same way it would make sense story wise.
So Alamut castle is the birthplace of the real-world Assassins and is considered a parent castle to other castles like the one in Masyaf, so you're correct.

So Alamut castle is the birthplace of the real-world Assassins and is considered a parent castle to other castles like the one in Masyaf, so you're correct.
That's actually really sweet. Also, you're telling me that there was real brotherhood of Assassins in Iran?

Top Bottom