• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Nexus details seemingly leaked

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Sources have confirmed details on the new Assassin’s Creed VR game, which is titled Assassin’s Creed Nexus. The title brings back not only fan-favorite Assassins, including Ezio Auditore da Firenze but also Aassassins from previous AC titles. Ezio, Kassandra, Connor, and Haytham all make playable appearances on a variety of different levels.
total of 16 individual missions with a tutorial
using the controller analog sticks to move or teleport
teleportation comes with a soundbar that lets you know if you’re alerting nearby enemies. Basically, the further away you teleport towards the enemy, the less sound is made.

For example, teleporting 10 feet away from behind an enemy will create less sound than teleporting 3 feet away from them. So it’s usually ideal to teleport some distance away to avoid detection by sound
Your hidden blades are extracted by holding down a button and flicking your wrist, which you can then use to stab your enemies. Guards seem to die in just one hit when they are assassinated in this way but will require several hits if they are alerted.
Sword combat is also included but is fairly standard for a VR game
some missions having several different opportunities to picklock chests and doors throughout the mission
Standing in a T pose and falling off a building into a stack of hay is apparently a really cool experience
Sources suggest that Assassin’s Creed Nexus should be expected to release in the next 12 months.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
ezgif.com-gif-maker-18.jpg

Might be a launch title for the PSVR2.

giphy.gif

I fucking LOVE VR. I've been a big proponent for VR since the Vive came out. Some of the most immersive, fun experiences I've ever had was playing Half-Life: Alyx. This is a trash idea. AssCreed is about being a bad ass, fast, agile, stealth ninja that can parkour around like Andy high off of an "Here comes Treble" solo in a historical setting assassinating Michelangelo before he can help Leonardo invent Krang . All of that is NOT conducive to VR as we currently are capable of using it. Movement isn't great in VR, teleporting works well for a lot of games, but it's still not ideal, especially in a franchise so centered around movement, climbing, jumping as a core tenant of it's existence.

Teleporting in an AssCreed games seems to kind of defeat half the purpose of calling it Assassins Creed. Just....Just make a new i.p. or some shit, quit trying to make the square peg fit in the round hole.

Not mad that it exists, but the resources dedicated to this would be better served in just about any other division. You can spend time making a bunch of rather bland ass VR games but can give me motherfuckin' Splinter Cell? C'mon man.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Teleporting in an AssCreed games seems to kind of defeat half the purpose of calling it Assassins Creed. Just....Just make a new i.p. or some shit, quit trying to make the square peg fit in the round hole.

Not mad that it exists, but the resources dedicated to this would be better served in just about any other division. You can spend time making a bunch of rather bland ass VR games but can give me motherfuckin' Splinter Cell? C'mon man.

Being Ubisoft I don't see why they didn't just rip off something like super hot or something and slap an asscreed skin on it.

Maybe make it more authentic by making you climb a tower and dive off it into some hay every so often.

ArtHands

giphy.gif

I fucking LOVE VR. I've been a big proponent for VR since the Vive came out. Some of the most immersive, fun experiences I've ever had was playing Half-Life: Alyx. This is a trash idea. AssCreed is about being a bad ass, fast, agile, stealth ninja that can parkour around like Andy high off of an "Here comes Treble" solo in a historical setting assassinating Michelangelo before he can help Leonardo invent Krang . All of that is NOT conducive to VR as we currently are capable of using it. Movement isn't great in VR, teleporting works well for a lot of games, but it's still not ideal, especially in a franchise so centered around movement, climbing, jumping as a core tenant of it's existence.

Sure

ArtHands

Being Ubisoft I don't see why they didn't just rip off something like super hot or something and slap an asscreed skin on it.

Maybe make it more authentic by making you climb a tower and dive off it into some hay every so often.
Well there's no saying we won't be able to climb tower, especially considering leap of faith is confirmed.

Wonko_C

ezgif.com-gif-maker-18.jpg

Might be a launch title for the PSVR2.
Not likely. A while ago Meta announced it was working with Ubisoft on bringing Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell exclusively to the Quest 2 platform.

giphy.gif

Teleporting Is optional. Climbing structures and running is not only possible in VR, but very intuitive as demonstrated in games like The Climb, To the Top, Stride, etc.

Splinter Cell is also coming to Quest 2 so you're covered on that front too.

Top Bottom