• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Project Red and Project Hexe to be Revealed at Ubisoft Forward

H . R . 2

ACEC_Keyart_00_00_00_mobile.jpg
2020-08-07-1.png

Set in 16th century Europe with witch hunts being prominent,​

Project Hexe aims to be the "darkest Assassin's Creed game ever," as per Tom Henderson.​

As indicated earlier, Assassin’s Creed Project Red is set in Japan, and early concept art depicted a “female samurai-like assassin,” though there will likely be male and female options.

The second title is Assassin’s Creed Project Hexe, formerly known as Project Neo, and reportedly the “darkest Assassin’s Creed game ever.”
Developed by Ubisoft Montreal, it’s seemingly set in 16th century Europe with witch hunts being rampant.
There’s also Project Jade, a mobile title set in China, and the final DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (likely the conclusion to Eivor’s story, as teased before
As for Assassin’s Creed Mirage, it will have an extensive deep dive at the show.

Henderson is unclear on whether Project Nexus, the VR title, will be showcased, so stay tuned for further details.
Ubisoft Forward takes place on September 10th at noon PT. Titles like Skull and Bones and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope are also confirmed to appear

SOURCES: gamingbolt.com | tryhardguides.com

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
I mean....I like me some AC...but I don't like them being work.....

Im still a sucker for some good ol'AC though. Especially when there isn't alot coming out.

Project Hexe sounds cool.

But holy hell are all these announced/unannounced AC games confusing the hell out of me. So there's:

AC: Mirage
Project Hexe
Project Red
AC1 Remake
AC Infinity

AC Mirage, Hexe, and Red are happening with the former releasing in 2023, and latter two no earlier than in 2024. Jury's still out on AC1 Remake as no one can confirm its existence.

AC Infinity is not a game itself but a platform for future games in the series (both Hexe and Red are part of this).

They have to go back to more linear and smaller games.
Like you said Ubi games have become a chore, like a job to play instead of being fun.
It's hard to explain, but what made FC3 and AC Origins great, is exactly what makes the newer entries such a chore. Which is crazy because when those games launched it was such a breath of fresh air to the series.

DZ_b_EZ

Ubisoft has been really uninteresting for over a generation. Now if this is true, the focus is mostly on one IP with no signs of stopping. This console generation has been the strangest and most off-putting of them all.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Oh wow, I've been waiting for them to make an AC like Hexe. I'll probably be let down though, Ubisoft games push microtransactions way too hard now. I can't seem to enjoy them anymore.

EDMIX

Simply sounds like they are set to announce their AAA linear one and the AAA open world RPG light one.

The rest sound like mobile, VR and smaller titles, keep in mind they've been doing those titles for a while now, I'm not sure why anyone would be confused as they put out some of those titles prior.

I am all for this if it is like AC 1, 2 Trilogy, 3, 4, Unity, Origins. Anything like Odyssey or Valhalla (in terms of insulting writing, piss poor gameplay, bloated, grindy trash) I want nothing to do with. Fuck all that.

Shut0wen

Kinda interested in mirage, sounds like the last 3 games hut without the skill tree though if there selling it for £50 then they can fuck right off, any game that was once dlc turned into a a full release game end up being half assed, especially R6 extraction

ACESHIGH

Banned
Let's be honest here. People are tired of the AC template but will eat up the exact same game with a PlayStation studios logo (Spiderman, Horizon, Days Gone, God of War)

I for one have been avoiding Ubisoft games like the plaguesince they became too bloated in scope after the AC2 trilogy and Far Cry primal.

They have to release more games but smaller. Nothing wrong with a good game you can complete in less than 20 hours

MarkyG

Would love to see a remake/heavy remaster of AC1 or even Black Flag. That game is so worthy of a modern update (minus loot boxes and MTX, of course).

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Let's be honest here. People are tired of the AC template but will eat up the exact same game with a PlayStation studios logo (Spiderman, Horizon, Days Gone, God of War)

I for one have been avoiding Ubisoft games like the plaguesince they became too bloated in scope after the AC2 trilogy and Far Cry primal.

They have to release more games but smaller. Nothing wrong with a good game you can complete in less than 20 hours
"God of War is the exact same game as Assassin Creed."

And I thought I had seen everything the feeble human mind could imagine.

ACESHIGH

Banned
"God of War is the exact same game as Assassin Creed."

And I thought I had seen everything the feeble human mind could imagine.

I never said that. But you can't deny recent Sony first party games used the Ubisoft template a bit too much.
Towers, collect a thon's, lite rpg elements, crafting...

God of war may be more linear and have great value souls style combat but the ubisoftian foundations are there.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

UPDATE: full description leaked:

Experience the story of Basim, a cunning street thief seeking answers and justice as he navigates the bustling streets of ninth-century Baghdad. Through a mysterious, ancient organization known as the Hidden Ones, he will become a deadly Master Assassin and change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.

– Experience a modern take on the iconic features and gameplay that have defined a franchise for 15 years.
– Parkour seamlessly through the city and stealthily take down targets with more visceral assassinations than ever before.
– Explore an incredibly dense and vibrant city whose inhabitants react to your every move, and uncover the secrets of four unique districts as you venture through the Golden Age of Baghdad.

If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5™ digital version. PS4™ game disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5™ version at no extra cost.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I never said that. But you can't deny recent Sony first party games used the Ubisoft template a bit too much.
Towers, collect a thon's, lite rpg elements, crafting...

God of war may be more linear and have great value souls style combat but the ubisoftian foundations are there.
The difference is that usually sony games have better polish, story and combat, even the "shittier" ones like hfw or days gone have way more people defending their stories than people defending the stories of watch dogs\ghost recon\latest ac games.

Ubisoft last title with good combat was for honor dude and the last one with good story was

Last edited:
Top Bottom