• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Rift to Launch in the First Half of 2023, Infinity Targeting 2024-25

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A recent report claimed that Ubisoft was working on Assassin’s Creed Rift, which initially started out as an expansion to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, but has, over the course of development, morphed into its own standalone game. While that report claimed that the game would launch in late 2022, a new report published on Xfire by known insider Tom Henderson suggests otherwise.

According to Henderson, Assassin’s Creed Rift is currently targeting a launch in the first half of 2023. Ubisoft has allegedly settled on that timeline based on the release schedule of Assassin’s Creed Infinity, the next main Assassin’s Creed instalment.

The smaller-scale Rift will allegedly feature Basim – who was a prominent character in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – as the protagonist, and will put a greater emphasis on stealth rather than being an open world action RPG.

Coming back to Assassin’s Creed Infinity, the live service title was officially confirmed to be in development less than a year ago, and according to Henderson, it is still “somewhat in early production”. The game is allegedly expected to launch sometime in either 2024 or 2025, which falls in line with previous reports as well.

Meanwhile, Henderson states that Assassin’s Creed Infinity is going to “tie all the future Assassin’s Creed titles together” in a single live service experience, and that the Animus is going to be the central hub of the experience that will tie together stories set in different settings and time periods, with more and more continuously added to the game.

the live service title
giphy.webp

The targeted emphasis on stealth has my attention, but I don't believe they'll do a "First half of 2023" launch, more than likely fall/holiday season 2023. They love that Xmas cash lol

I don't remember but..will this be the longest we've went without a new AC since the series debut?

Duchess

Waiting for a PS5 patch for Assassin's Creed Oranges.

I've heard that one's pretty decent? Better than Odyssey for some?

(I stopped playing Odyssey, as it started to drag on a bit - also, enemy level scaling, my pet hate)

Majormaxxx

Waiting for a PS5 patch for Assassin's Creed Oranges.

I've heard that one's pretty decent? Better than Odyssey for some?

(I stopped playing Odyssey, as it started to drag on a bit - also, enemy level scaling, my pet hate)
I found it delightful. Very engaging.

Top Bottom