• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 1 Remastered (Mod) - REAL LIFE Graphics Ray Tracing RTGI

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Assassin's Creed 1 is remastered by the holy grace of mod community! With AC1 ray tracing global illumination RTGI Pascal Glicher, with ultra insane and overhaul realistic graphics lighting mod and retexture texture mod, this is how the game would like if it were remastered or had a remake for PC, Xbox Series X or PS5! Hopefully we can complete this amazing project and present you a proper remastered CryNation 2021 mod for Assassin's Creed 1 to bring back the feelings in your childhood playing this beautiful game featuring Altaïr Ibn-LaʼAhad with the hidden blade. Currently still work in progress. Full version will release for everyone. If you are interested, you can get early access of this mod by downloading it from my patreon.

go here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/assa...phics-ray-tracing-rtgi.1595141/post-262651337

Last edited:

whyman

Amazing. Some updated textures with tessellation for roof etc and higher lod on models in thhe distance would be nice additions. Overall awesome!

TVexperto

Those mods are never finished and released for free, same with GTA V mods, they are selling them as "alpha" mods instead of releasing them for free like they promised

UnNamed

Banned
In my opinion, an effective RTX implementation on old games should first remove every baked shadow and illumination, and only then implement RTX light and shadows.
With the usual implementation you have a bad mix between inaccurate shadows and the previous light model with some light bounce based only on texure colors. The worst of the worst.

That's why QUAKE RTX works perfectly since everything is remade from scratch.

In my opinion, an effective RTX implementation on old games should first remove every baked shadow and illumination, and only then implement RTX light and shadows.
With the usual implementation you have a bad mix between inaccurate shadows and the previous light model with some light bounce based only on texure colors. The worst of the worst.

That's why QUAKE RTX works perfectly since everything is remade from scratch.
They can't really. If this is what I think it is (and it probably is) it's just using Reshade. Overhauling rendering like that, while possible, is not easy.

dcx4610

Missed the video but I still love AC1. Outside of the last boss, the game is realistic and I love setting. The combat is difficult and you can't run up buidings like Spider-man. You actually have to climb like a puzzle. Great game and still the most interesting to me.

MMaRsu

Banned

Assassin's Creed 1 is remastered by the holy grace of mod community! With AC1 ray tracing global illumination RTGI Pascal Glicher, with ultra insane and overhaul realistic graphics lighting mod and retexture texture mod, this is how the game would like if it were remastered or had a remake for PC, Xbox Series X or PS5! Hopefully we can complete this amazing project and present you a proper remastered CryNation 2021 mod for Assassin's Creed 1 to bring back the feelings in your childhood playing this beautiful game featuring Altaïr Ibn-LaʼAhad with the hidden blade. Currently still work in progress. Full version will release for everyone. If you are interested, you can get early access of this mod by downloading it from my patreon.

If its on ur patreon upload another vid bro

Any time a game's visuals are described as "real life"

Conor Mckenna Meeting GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Childhood... Lol... I was 28 years old when AC1 hit. Childhood would be pitfall, space invaders, smb1, hogan's alley, Simon's quest, Ultima 4, etc..

That aside I would love an AC1 remake. Can't see what was done though as the video account shows terminated

Top Bottom