• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 Game Informer Details

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been this hyped in a while. Can't wait to see some videos.

rvy

Banned
-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.

Maybe the character's feet react to stairways properly this time around.

JoeBoy101

Like I said in the other thread, Connor's design is kinda meh to me, in that I expected it to reflect the period better.

Everything else sounds and looks like absolutely sex.

ultron87

These details sound so great. Sounds like they are doing right by my favorite franchise of the generation.

Maybe an upgrade in the game? I love dual blade action.

He has dual blades on the cover. You can see the straps on the right arm and the actual blade on the left.

Mindlog

It's weird how many games as of late are being created as if I were part of the focus group. This is a very positive development.

I wonder if they'll be able to resist a passing Last of the Mohicans cinematic nod. (yikttpc)

-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.
-This game has the longest development cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.
I am nodding contentedly.

Never played an Assassins Creed game but I picked up Revelations recently when it was on sale at Best Buy. Still haven't started it but everything about AC3 sounds really nice, makes me want to start Revelations this weekend

I feel pretty vindicated that AC3 is basically exactly what any rational long time fan of the series from the first game expected for a numbered sequel, and once again proves that AssBro and AssRev are cash-in expansions to reuse as much AC2 design as possible to release yearly sequels.

FUCKING PUMPED.
Yeah exactly why I skipped those 2, this is the real meat of the franchise.

Petrichor

Never played an Assassins Creed game but I picked up Revelations recently when it was on sale at Best Buy. Still haven't started it but everything about AC3 sounds really nice, makes me want to start Revelations this weekend

I really would get AC2 first. It's dirt cheap and the best game in the series. AC:B is pretty snazzy as well.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
This is officially my most wanted game of 2012. This is not counting Mass Effect 3 since I'm in full-on hype mode for it. AC3 sounds almost perfect. I know the Wii U has a planned AC title, but I'd rather it just be an enhanced version of this.

Jeels

Sounds incredibly awesome (and the screens looked slick too). Just have to see this in motion and I'll be convinced.

This is officially my most wanted game of 2012. This is not counting Mass Effect 3 since I'm in full-on hype mode for it. AC3 sounds almost perfect. I know the Wii U has a planned AC title, but I'd rather it just be an enhanced version of this.

I thought we had confirmation that the AC title on Wii U would be AC3?

Loxley

This has quickly shot into my top 3 most anticipated titles for this year. Can't wait, such a cool time period for a game.

The idea of tree-hopping sounds awesome...can't wait to see it in action.

Jibbed

As incredible as this is sounding, I don't want another 2 games with this Connor bloke.

Assassin's Creed 4 should be the modern, Desmond-centric game. I'm personally looking forward to something akin to Mirror's Edge.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
As incredible as this is sounding, I don't want another 2 games with this Connor bloke.

Assassin's Creed 4 should be the modern, Desmond-centric game. I'm personally looking forward to something akin to Mirror's Edge.

Well, if AC4 was based in modern society, it wouldn't be as much fun because people would be using guns, and modern technology. I can only hope that Ubi shifts their attention to Shao Jun!!!!

jasonmb17

I've been telling my friends for years that my dream game is a stealth action game as an American Indian during the French and Indian War or American Revolution. I am so hyped.

KillGore

A lot of people were hating on the game on the other thread, just because it was set in America, now it seems everyone loves it, you gotta love the internet, and that's without showing a kick-ass CGI trailer. I loved the idea since the beginning and still do, can't wait.

seems a lot of people will have to eat crow.

Sean

Banned
I skipped out on Brotherhood and Revelations, so I'm not burnt out on the series and very hyped for this one.

Christian

Hoping Pittsburgh gets thrown in, seeing as how Valley Forge is in the game. I played AC and AC2, skipped the side games, and I'm very excited for this. Very excited. I actually enjoyed the traveling between cities, in the countryside, in the first two games, so the expanded role of the frontier is quite intriguing.

Haven't played AC since the first game. Will buy this one.

I can picture the forests of NY and Boston during winter. DROOOOOOLS.

I'm hoping there's autumn since the OP said winter and summer.

Zomba13

I'm still upset it isn't a 50/50 split between ancient times as Adam and modern times as Desmond working out how to save the world.
I guess that story line will either drag on for a bunch more games (AC3-2 and 3-3) by which time it'll be past 2012 making the whole thing seem pointless (with the 2012 in game tying into 2012 for us). Though if it is resolved in this game I bet it's like, a flip of a switch found in a hidden temple or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, AC3 sounds awesome and the time period and protagonist seem really interesting but I just want my modern and ancient past AC game like what was hinted at in 2 in 'The Truth' movie.

Top Bottom