• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 4 video comparison - PS3 vs PS4

Chandler-Bing-Really-Reaction-Gif.gif

Listen, I would never call what these people do easy. If you wanted a PS3 game running at 60 FPS and nothing more I am sure they could have done that, but they decided to add better textures, physics, etc etc as well so then it won't be as easy as you think it is to then achieve 60 FPS. There is nothing easy about game development, especially when a game is launching on 6 different platforms.

So long as the PS4 version runs at a steady 30 then that would be a major improvement over the last gen versions which barely ran at 20 fps a lot of the time.

Edit: and that is a good point made by the above poster in that launch software is always a bit behind because of un-finalized hardware and developer tools. So that has an effect as well.

RetroStu

Banned
These next gen consoles are supposed to have upwards of 10 times the power of current gen. A game like this that is pretty much identical barring some higher rez textures, should be locked 60fps.
This comparison is what a machine twice as powerful should achieve, not a machine thats 10 times as powerful!. I have always said that this is arguably the worst looking nect gen game and this proves it for me, christ COD will have a bigger difference for sure.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
AC3 time period really interest me until the bad impression on neogaf so that's why I skip it.
Just finished AC3 - IMO the main story is a bit of a mess but I found most of the side quest material more than engaging enough to play through on its own, esp. the naval elements which I'm looking forward to seeing more of in AC4.

Ashes

Banned
These next gen consoles are supposed to have upwards of 10 times the power of current gen. A game like this that is pretty much identical barring some higher rez textures, should be locked 60fps.
This comparison is what a machine twice as powerful should achieve, not a machine thats 10 times as powerful!. I have always said that this is arguably the worst looking nect gen game and this proves it for me, christ COD will have a bigger difference for sure.

Cod looks bad though.

I enjoy the immersion and feeling of being a badass assassin in AC2 time period, but I really can't get myself to enjoy the story. I want to, but I get lost with all the conspiracies, all the different assassination target etc. I don't remember any of the target in AC2 and end up having to force myself to beat it, and with the wtf ending, I just get even more lost.

I actually have Brotherhood on steam, but when I tried to play a little bit at the beginning, I just don't care much about the story, and the novelty of being badass assassin in that period wear off a little after AC2.

AC3 time period really interest me until the bad impression on neogaf so that's why I skip it.

Don't let GAF sour you, AC3 isn't that bad.

If you play it on PC...patched

The AC stories are great as long as you realize that they are full of cheese.

If you try to take them seriously, they are just silly. At least IMO.

I just wish that ubisoft would bring back the hidden subject 16 style puzzles. Those were my favorite part of brotherhood.

RetroStu

Banned
I think any PS4 vs Xbox One comparison of this game will be overkill iif next gen vs current gen is this close.

Also just an observation but swap PS4 for Xbox One in this vid and this thread would be 20 pages long already!.

d5TKX8L.png

There are times in the video where I wonder if he confused ps4 footage with ps3 one though.

The screen on your left is 100% better than the one on the right. I cant understand how people cant see that.
Its super good quality imo, for a cross gen, this is as good as it gets I would say.

I think any PS4 vs Xbox One comparison of this game will be overkill iif next gen vs current gen is this close.

Also just an observation but swap PS4 for Xbox One in this vid and this thread would be 20 pages long already!.

the XO version will even look worse, so it's bad news all around. it's just that developers have no excuse to make the game run at 30 FPS considering that the PS4 is 10x more powerful than the PS3.

Effect

Makes me feel good for the wii u version.

Do reviews go live today?

Tomorrow most likely or maybe midnight.

My Wii U version should arrive tomorrow. AC3 on Wii U looked better then the PS3/360 versions and that was a launch game for the system. So I'm hoping the Wii U version of AC4 looks even better with Ubisoft being more familiar with the system.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
But only do this if your TV actually supports Full RGB. If it doesn't, you'll get crushed blacks instead.

Yep. 95% of the people who suggest turning on RGB full range have no idea what that actually does to the image. They just see an image with seemingly better contrast and conclude that it's an improvement, when in many (probably most) cases they should leave it on limited range and fix their TV image settings instead.

Top Bottom