• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASSASSIN'S CREED MIRAGE comes out October 12, 2023. | PlayStation Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member

• Also coming to Mobile for some rreason
Assassin’s Creed Mirage, billed as a return to the series’ roots, is set to come to PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 12, according to a recently leaked listing for Japanese retailers. It’ll be the first new game in the stealth-action series in three years, the longest gap in the franchise’s history.

Japanese store listings for the game were discovered earlier today. “Japanese retailers generally don’t date a product unless it’s official,” tweeted the website Gematsu. “In other words, placeholder dates aren’t a thing.” While Ubisoft has not yet officially confirmed Mirage’s release date, Kotaku understands the leaks to be accurate as of now, though it’s always possible the game could still be delayed.

A direct successor to 2020’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Mirage will carry on the story of the street thief Basim Ibn Ishaq and take place largely in Baghdad during the 9th century. Unlike the recent sprawling open-world incarnations of the series, Mirage will seemingly be a more linear adventure with a greater emphasis on closed environment stealth assassinations, similar to much earlier games.

Fw67QTzXsAAsDJQ

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
"Ubisoft Original"

Like...I saw that video ages ago. Doesn't seem different from older AC games to be called original.

Soodanim

Gold Member
OG AC is the only real AC. I'll keep an eye on this as more is revealed, and if it's what people want it to be then I could well be in.

However, I'm not interested if it's on PC and Ubisoft force their own buggy, shitty launcher.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
We need to confirm that that was gameplay and the RPG grind is gone. ASAP.
All PS showcase footage was running on PS5/PS5 dev kits unless the trailer says otherwise, so yes this actually is gameplay.

RPG grind news still pending, but this seemed like it was focused on stealth more than anything else.

Pelta88

All PS showcase footage was running on PS5/PS5 dev kits unless the trailer says otherwise, so yes this actually is gameplay.

RPG grind news still pending, but this seemed like it was focused on stealth more than anything else.

Now I'm trying not to get hyped lol

Bartski

Gold Member
just as I hoped - this could be a return to form, I liked it. Stealth and modernized take on oldchool combat with counters and finishers it seems. Need to see more gameplay to make sure they really did ditch all the RPG bloat that ruined this series for me.

Fbh

I knew they had teased it was going back to the original style but I thought we'd see some form of evolution of the formula.
This looks literally the same as all the older AC but with some nicer graphics

dorkimoe

Best Buy had this for $49 the other day plus honey found a coupon for $5 off plus I had $10 in rewards. Lfg

Killer8

One of the biggest surprises at the showcase to be honest. I fell off the series after Origins but this is looking very promising, like classic Assassin's Creed with a smaller scale, but as a result a much more intimate stealth experience. I've heard there are only 4 assassinations in the game and so i'm hoping there will be a lot of choice in how you approach them. Some of the dialog in the trailer alluded to Hitman style open endedness and i'd like to be proven right.

Last edited:

iorek21

As I said in another thread, this game NEEDS to be succesful.

Ubi won't be able to deny the importance of parkour and social stealth and will surely include it in future games.

DaGwaphics

This actually started life as an expansion for Valhalla. And those huge open world rpg AC games are still coming. Its just they are also going to be doing spin off games like this that may be in different gameplay styles.

Spinoffs might be the more interesting games in that case. I guess that's the safest way to ensure you hit the entire spectrum of fans.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Ah yes... Bagdad during the 9th century - one of the most fun vertical playgrounds for an Assassin's Creed game.

Seriously though, this looked generic as hell.

Stuart360

Spinoffs might be the more interesting games in that case. I guess that's the safest way to ensure you hit the entire spectrum of fans.
Yeah Ubisoft announced the new strategy a couple of years ago. There are like 5 AC games in active development, or there was anyway. Including the huge RPG Valhalla/Odyssey/Origins maineline game.

Spaceman292

Banned
If it really is just the old style with smoother controls then that might actually be interesting.

If I see one damage floater above an enemy's head I'm OUT.

Pejo

Wait a second, is that an actual assassin in an Assassin's Creed game again? Well I'll be...

That said, I don't think anything Ubi can shit out at this point is ever going to dethrone Black Flag as their best game, at least to me.

Romulus

Idk what it is, but this looks like a return to form of the old games. Speaking of old, it might be too late for me. It's been so fucking since I was interested in this series I can't remember what console I played it on. I think it was brotherhood.

Topher

Gold Member
One of the few trailers I was really glad to see. Old school AC. Glad to see it finally happen.

ButchCat

Are things that bad that having Ubisoft go back to a 2007 formula is considered a win for people? Don't get me wrong I was pleased when I heard they are going back to the roots but didn't think they meant literally. The old formula is a good place to start but it desperately needs to evolve. It could learn a thing or two from immersive sims.

Top Bottom