• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASSASSIN'S CREED MIRAGE comes out October 12, 2023. | PlayStation Showcase

Bluecondor

While I like the throwback to the original AC game and its setting, I'm still not convinced that this will be a stealth game like the original. There were way too many scenes in the trailer showing open combat and (even worse from a stealth standpoint) open combat with multiple enemies.

mxbison

Instead of looking like the last game it now looks like the first game again.

Meh.

I think the back to the roots approach is good but expected more than this.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Now this looks like and AC game I'd like to play. It is clearly much closer to original game than anything else in the series past AC2.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Need more gameplay to be sure - TBH not much was shown.

Did anyone notice the knife fighting looked much better than usual (For an AC game). usually there's clipping and shitty generic movements.

nbkicker

After missing last last two assassins creed games, after seeing this im a bit curious to see more, looks ok from what ive seen, but would like to see some more gameplay, hopefully a 5min walkthrough at one of the upcoming shows that replacing e3

Loved Odyssey and Valhalla.

No gender choice, no open world, no buy from me.
Im happy for everyone looking forward to this game though.

Just_one

THANK FUCKING GOD AND HEAVENS WE PLAY AS AN ASSASSIN!!!

Enough of that RPG bullshit and gigantic open world shit.

Felt like an Assassins Creed game for the first time in a long time.

Origins was good , Odyssey was saved by Kassandra being charistimatic as fuck , Valhalla was quite simple the worst AC ever made hands down...hell u dont even play as an assassin in a ASSASSINS Creed game.

Day 1 for me

hyperbertha

I'm glad they're going back to stealth but I'm a bit disappointed but their rendition of Baghdad. I think they could have gone much more imaginative with the architecture and buildings rather than having it look like some Egyptian town from origins.

Methos#1975

THANK FUCKING GOD AND HEAVENS WE PLAY AS AN ASSASSIN!!!

Enough of that RPG bullshit and gigantic open world shit.

Felt like an Assassins Creed game for the first time in a long time.

Origins was good , Odyssey was saved by Kassandra being charistimatic as fuck , Valhalla was quite simple the worst AC ever made hands down...hell u dont even play as an assassin in a ASSASSINS Creed game.

Day 1 for me
I m still not convinced it will not have rpg elements

Pakoe

Looked like the same kind of dookie they've been dropping the last few years.
Last week I had a sudden itch for an AC gam so I started playing Origins. Man what a boring game.
I do love the world they've created, but the story, characters and side quests are kinda wack.

Topher

Gold Member
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

To me this was one of the biggest games at the showcase. Slightly upgraded Origins graphics with parkour and melee combat closer to the original game? Baghdad, Iraq? Social stealth?

YES PLEASE! Sign me up for this one.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Hope it plays more the earlier games, really dislike the souls wannabe it turned into.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

I've just watched the new gameplay trailer and while i like the older games, it doesn't seem to offer anything new and looks and plays just like them, not sure if it's as good as Unity once Unity was fixed, which is fine, but it was a dlc for Valhalla originally and they want 45 quid for it, the base game, i'll wait and see after it's out.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not coming to Steam

Ubi knows they’ll lose all of Uplay’s sales to Steam.

They’ll wait until sales die down and then release it on Steam.

Anyways I love me some AC. This just looked like your run of the mill AC game with prettier graphics. Like when CoD went back to WWII it was all fresh again.

This being $50 makes me think it’s going to be a cut down experience.

Last edited:
I'm glad AC people finally got their classic games after the ""RPG"" shift in the series.
I hope it will be good, it seems a lower budget B-tier project rather than a full entry with all the resources put in a classic AC.

unlurkified

Kinda stoked. It’s almost like a remake or reimagining of the 2007 original. If they’re able to find a good middle ground between the newer and older combat styles, that’d be great.

What writing?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic haha but I mean they could write the story tailored to the actual character instead of having neutral missions that can be played by either gender. The writing ends up having a lot of theys and thems in it especially now or the NPC have to say the devs have to give the two characters the same name like Valhalla.

AC Odyssey did it pretty well from what I played but you'll never have good stories like the games up until Unity had with that kind of game design.

This was bound to happen and I'm happy that apple is the first one doing it
Every year these smartphones market them selves as 20 30 percent faster than last year but had 0 applications to show how fast that GPU CPU is.
These games will be a good showcase how far the technology has come.
I would loved to play diablo 4 while I'm on work.

Top Bottom