• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Origins Vs. Assassins Creed Odyssey Vs. Assassins Creed Valhalla

The best game?

• Assassins Creed Origins (2017)

Votes: 128 54.0%
  • Assassins Creed Odyssey (2018)

Votes: 87 36.7%
  • Assassins Creed Valhalla (2020)

Votes: 22 9.3%

• Total voters

GymWolf

Still better than politically correct Greeks and Egyptians 🤷‍♂️.
The whiplash was onestly less noticeable because vikings were surely more famous for their violence compared to greeks and egyptians (if not historically, at least on face value)

(not sure if whiplash is the right word)

Last edited:

Fredrik

It’s Odyssey for me. Can’t get enough of that lush world with that crystal clear water full of life.

hkNUpOq.jpg

StueyDuck

The whiplash was onestly less noticeable because vikings were surely more famous for their violence compared to greeks and egyptians (if not historically, at least on face value)

(not sure if whiplash is the right word)
that is true of course,

but if you are like me and mash the skip dialog button as fast as humanly possible

then in my playthrough i was a tough viking dude running around Britain hacking limbs off hahaha, where the other two games were just, meh... and im so bored of the Ubi boat combat

StueyDuck

Brotherhood is the best one. Shits on black poop smeared boring ass flag.
the AC2 trilogy is still the best.

but Black flag is still the only real pirate game we have, even now in 2023 (which is mental) and yes real pirate game! sea of thieves is a great time and a lot of fun but it's barely what i want from a Rockstar styled Pirate open world adventure

GymWolf

that is true of course,

but if you are like me and mash the skip dialog button as fast as humanly possible

then in my playthrough i was a tough viking dude running around Britain hacking limbs off hahaha, where the other two games were just, meh... and im so bored of the Ubi boat combat
The moment i skip dialogue in a story heavy dialogue is when i bail out from the game entirely tbh.

Kenpachii

100% all 3 of them, replay origin twice and odyssey twice.

Origin:
Best story i would say, great environment, dlc's where great, actors where great. Gameplay was also good, and not to long. All with all good game. 100% was good doable.

Odyssey:
Best environment i would say, best builds, map is to big, character model of the chick is shit animation wise, the voice of the male char is kinda shit, to repetitive, to much modern day shit into it that takes you out of the game. Last DLC was great, boat gameplay was solid. I would put it as package behind Origin, 100% it was rough and brain killing.

Valhalla:
To much maps, to much content really, puzzles where great, quests where good, story gated by 100% the game basically so if you play normally through it, u will miss a lot if u 100% its great. Environments great, performance probably the worst out of all them not well optimized, fishing was terrible, sacrificing towers where annoying, stone minigame was frustrating as hell, the dice minigame was great however. Builds where a massive downgrade so was gear, map was sometimes hard to read to see where to get stuff, after paying full game with all DLC they ended up releasing a stand a lone DLC next towards valhalla for 40 euro's, terrible practise won't buy the next AC complete edition anymore for sure. Also DLC's outside of the last one where absolute dog shit. Lot's of bugs. replayability no clue who wants to replay it, boat and raid system where properly useless, best way to kill churches and camps was just to snipe them from the roof solo. God worlds in the base game where great tho but short.

I would put origin on 1, odyssey on 2, and valhalla on 3.

GymWolf

100% all 3 of them, replay origin twice and odyssey twice.

Origin:
Best story i would say, great environment, dlc's where great, actors where great. Gameplay was also good, and not to long. All with all good game. 100% was good doable.

Odyssey:
Best environment i would say, best builds, map is to big, character model of the chick is shit animation wise, the voice of the male char is kinda shit, to repetitive, to much modern day shit into it that takes you out of the game. Last DLC was great, boat gameplay was solid. I would put it as package behind Origin, 100% it was rough and brain killing.

Valhalla:
To much maps, to much content really, puzzles where great, quests where good, story gated by 100% the game basically so if you play normally through it, u will miss a lot if u 100% its great. Environments great, performance probably the worst out of all them not well optimized, fishing was terrible, sacrificing towers where annoying, stone minigame was frustrating as hell, the dice minigame was great however. Builds where a massive downgrade so was gear, map was sometimes hard to read to see where to get stuff, after paying full game with all DLC they ended up releasing a stand a lone DLC next towards valhalla for 40 euro's, terrible practise won't buy the next AC complete edition anymore for sure. Also DLC's outside of the last one where absolute dog shit. Lot's of bugs. replayability no clue who wants to replay it, boat and raid system where properly useless, best way to kill churches and camps was just to snipe them from the roof solo. God worlds in the base game where great tho but short.

I would put origin on 1, odyssey on 2, and valhalla on 3.
Odissey best environment over egypt?

Most of the islands looked samey in odissey (because there were to many of them) and the game didn't had the same personality of origins location wise imo.

It’s Odyssey for me. Can’t get enough of that lush world with that crystal clear water full of life.

hkNUpOq.jpg
I agree. Odyssey for me is the most impressive open world game. You really think there is no limits on the world but at the same time you have world density everywhere and everything is polished. No other game come close.

Kenpachii

Odissey best environment over egypt?

Most of the islands looked samey in odissey (because there were to many of them) and the game didn't had the same personality of origins location wise imo.

I liked the vibe more of odyssey colors / music and islands where absolute beautiful to me, really digged it. Muddy / sandy look of origin was great and well build but it got stale after a while but as its Egypte u can't expect anything else really. Luckily the game was short enough that it didn't become annoying. That's what oddysey really had to much off, repetitive copy past shit to the point u just got braindead from it. But if u didn't 100% the main game it was pretty solid experience if u rushed as fast as u could out of the main land area and pushed yourself towards the islands.

Desless1

Origins for me. Loved the Egypt setting.

Was stopped by the fighting bug in Valhalla, and haven't bothered to start again. Way to bloated.

Really hope the shrink story progression down to 20-30 hours, and make the next 100 hours optional in the next game.

ungalo

Origins too, because it's the first and it was impressive back in 2017, even though Odyssey expanded a lot on the formula, implementing systems from other Ubisoft games with success. And Odyssey accepted to be an ostentatious casual game that just tries to be fun. But the historical part was so shit that i prefer Origins.

Valhalla is the worst in my opinion. I mean there's always some good parts hidden in it, but the fractured mini-scenarios were very boring and it doesn't go anywhere in terms of game design.

Zimmy68

I beat Origins and loved it, didn't touch the DLC.
I beat and replayed Odyssey over and over again. It was fun experimenting with different builds, etc. Played every single DLC to finish.
I barley got 1/2 way through Valhalla. Hated the main characters, the skill tree was unnecessarily long (one skill point equales .001 % better stealth") and I could not grasp the combat.

Braag

Out of those games, Origins was the most focused and least bloated game so that one.

Last edited:
I'm probably the only one here that wants Colonial America on the scale of Origins. Imagine the entire east coast of the U.S. in that engine. It would be insane.

It still pisses me off that they cut Philadelphia from AC3 because "It wasn't layed out well enough for parkour."

That, or I would like to see game set in WW1 or something like that. Kind of similar to Saboteur.

Top Bottom