• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows - Gameplay Reveal Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

Imtjnotu

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Moneal

Trailer made me even more sad. I really loved what they showed for Naoe. Then remembered I have to play the Brute sections of the game too. Exactly what I hated about AC: Syndicate, but worse since you could still stealth with the guy in that.

Reactions: Isa
Trailer made me even more sad. I really loved what they showed for Naoe. Then remembered I have to play the Brute sections of the game too. Exactly what I hated about AC: Syndicate, but worse since you could still stealth with the guy in that.
Just hoping they made the Warrior gameplay more fun. It should be easy enough to get right in a samurai game, but Ubisoft can miss the mark at times.

Elios83

I'm interested but only if it's not the usual bloated grind fest like Origins, Valhalla and the modern ACs. Things they won't show in a trailer...so wait and see for me.

Last edited:

Labadal

I haven't played Assassin's Creed since the third one. I have waited for a Japanese setting AC, but I want to see a gameplay deep dive before judging.

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm quite shocked tbh it looked so much better than what I expected, having lost all hope in this franchise after piss-poor Mirage. There is supposed to be a deep dive at the Ubisoft event tomorrow, I'll be there.

They might as well still fuck this up with the usual looter shooter type itemization bullshit and enemy leveling but I'm optimistic

Last edited:

Zeblatoul

Neo Member
This is the first time in a while I though an Assassin's Creed game looked good (since 2 actually)
Gameplay looked solid and way more engaging than their usual automated / clunky combat systems
Ghost of tsushima 2 has some serious competition here. The black samurai looks to play completely different with taunts and a more brute force approach.

Zeblatoul

Neo Member
Sucker Punch:

WvPbmc4.jpeg
Well I hope they do show us GOT 2 and how it build on the first one
This AC certainly took a lot of things from GOT though; the cinematography and how they animate plants moving through the wind. There's a particular scene that really felt straight out of GOT

Laptop1991

Well it looks like another open world Assassin's Creed to me which isn't a negative, i played Origins. Odyssey and Valhalla and like all 3, it's Ubisoft's pricing and anti consumer practices that concern me, so i'll pick this up much later at a cheaper price, i'll still enjoy the game play as i have in the past.

//DEVIL//

I have to admit, this is probably the first AC game I am interested after watching this video.

but that below 30 fps mod.... yeah PC all the way.

RedC

It has my interest but unfortunately, it's still Assassin's Creed.

Will see what the reviews, word of mouth, and overall consensus is before I jump in early.

If it's mid, then I'll just wait until it goes on a deep sale a year or two later.

Reactions: Isa

kyussman

This feels like a total lame duck coming in between GoT games......can't help feeling they are a bit late to the party.

EDMIX

Damn that looks really fucking good! Their teams do such a great job with locations, I'm not really surprised. I'd say they might have one of the best sets of environmental artist teams in the industry.

Day 1

Top Bottom