• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Achievements on Steam "Under Review" by Ubisoft after fan backlash

Midn1ght

In a surprising turn of event, and after initially replying in the Steam community thread (3000+ posts) that they have no plan to add achievements on Steam, a Ubisoft rep posted a new reply saying that the request has been sent to the Valhalla and Steam teams at Ubisoft and is currently under review.

8cSsgKZ.jpeg

This obviously is not a confirmation of them being added soon but a step in the right direction.
This is also coming after a few articles online and steam users "review bombing" the game after the first answer from Ubisoft, giving Valhalla a mixed score on Steam

Lb3oEfK.jpeg

Also, if you do not care about achievements and trophies, remember that those are optional and that you are completely free to ignore them as you are free to ignore this thread.

Let's wait and see.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
I'm not a big achievement/trophy hunter but if you have Achievements and Trophies on other platforms why not have it on Steam as well, makes no sense.

But then again it's Ubisoft so it makes all the sense in the world.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, the game is on sale until after the end of the Winter sale (Jan 5th) so if it gets added by then I'll probably pick this up

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Funny thing is, people on here bitching about people who like achievements calling them sad…all the while being a grown ass adult playing fucking video games, on a game forum bitching about someone else being sad 🤔 🤦‍♂️

I enjoy achievements but I don’t care at all whether I get them on UbiConnect or on Steam. I do think it’s good that review bombing is an option available to influence publishers though.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
i would have bought the game if it had achievements. I’m not a huge achievement hunter; it’s more the principle of the thing.

jaysius

Banned
Steam Achievements are retarded, there are too many stupid fucks using exploit tools to instantly unlock them to have them have any "value".

TVexperto

the fact that they warned and banned people from steam forum just for asking this shows how they care about community management

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ubisoft:
Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

n3w2o27ioi6a1.png

Steam Achievements are retarded, there are too many stupid fucks using exploit tools to instantly unlock them to have them have any "value".

Welcome to any PC Achievement system. Can do the same for Xbox and GoG. LASO on Halo? Just get the easy LASO mod from Nexus and get it instantly. Zero effort.

Achievements are fun for those who just want more to do with their games. Even shitty games like AC Valhalla.

Top Bottom