• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - Review Thread

Armorian

Banned
Weird to see this thread bumped since I’m actually playing it now. I just played thru Origins then Odyssey, figured I’d go thru all 3 and get them off my backlog.

Plays so different to Origins and Odyssey. I’m glad they stopped throwing gear at me. I can’t tell you how many times in Odyssey If start walking slow and it would take me 30 minutes to realize I was overburdened.

Overall, I think I like it best of the 3 revamped AC. Odyssey was definitely better than Origins, but I like the play style and the world of this for some reason. Greece and Egypt were great, but I like the raiding and the skill tree better.

Worst of the current 3 easily

God I hate this game. I got up to where you replace the king with a new guy and called it quits

I'm near the end of the main quest and just did 2 Asgard missions and they are the best this game has to offer... Main quest is like a collection of side missions you have to do in order to push things further. I'm exhausted at this point but will finish it tomorrow probably :messenger_grinning_smiling:

SSfox

Hey guys sorry for the up, wanted to ask what do you guys recommend to go with the guy or the woman?

I'm leaning toward the male character

Last edited:

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Enjoyed the game until the 50 hour mark. By the 78th hour when I completed it I was absolutely sick of it lol. Typical modern Ubisoft where their games could be 1/3rd shorter and with the tightening up and better pacing of the story they would be far better games. Sell all that extra bloat as DLC for mega fans that want it or even better cut 18 months off the development time of your games!

Certinty

How on Earth did this game score 80+ overall.

Looking back at it now, it’s the definition of quantity over quality.

Get rid of 80% of the content and make the remaining 20% better and it’s 10x the game.

Arachnid

How on Earth did this game score 80+ overall.

Looking back at it now, it’s the definition of quantity over quality.

Get rid of 80% of the content and make the remaining 20% better and it’s 10x the game.
Agreed. I played through all of Origins and Odyssey, and their DLC (same for every other game in this series except the 2D ones). I pushed through about 25 hours of this game, hated every minute from the beginning, and just uninstalled it. First AC I couldn't bring myself to finish.

I think what killed it the most for me was the broken stealth.

Shut0wen

Agreed. I played through all of Origins and Odyssey, and their DLC (same for every other game in this series except the 2D ones). I pushed through about 25 hours of this game, hated every minute from the beginning, and just uninstalled it. First AC I couldn't bring myself to finish.

I think what killed it the most for me was the broken stealth.
Not only that but all the side content is just meh, i think Odyssey set the standard which Montreal just couldnt replicate it

Gtafans93

While I agree it's bloated. I've had the most fun just booting up the game grabbing my mount turning off all hud elements. changing the difficulty of combat and stealth to be harder and just exploring. It's so much fun and so much better when we were given the option to just change the gameplay to what we want

makaveli60

I cannot even comprehend how others like Odyssey more that this or any other instalment actually. That had so obvious terrible danger hair modern ”writing” that it killed any joy that the game could have. Not that the gameplay was too much better with nonsensical copy paste side content. In Valhalla the side contents at least try to be unique. Valhalla is one of the best AC IMO, btw, written by people who can actually write decent.

Top Bottom