• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asseto Corsa replaces Gran Turismo for the FIA Motorsport Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

With the recent absence of FIA branding from Gran Turismo 7’s flagship esports series, there was a question mark over whether Gran Turismo would return for the FIA’s own esports competition — and the answer is now a very firm “no”.

Instead the 2022 event will run on Assetto Corsa Competizione, with the racers using that game’s GT3 cars. GT3 will also be the focus of three other on-track disciplines, in GT, GT Sprint, and Endurance, at the Games.

geary

happy good mythical morning GIF by Rhett and Link

Outlier

I don't see an issue. I don't even know what the partnership ever did for GT, anyway.
Just looked like sponsorship, to me.

BossLackey

Gold Member
GT is more of a car collecting, and taking photos than an actual sim racing game. lol

jk.. I think lol

I mean, you're super not wrong about that. Though that's what I like about it (outside of the horrendous monetization of course).

One thing it's missing though is custom garages. Subsets of your collection that you can arrange in myriad digital garages with different aesthetics and lighting that you can then walk through a la PGR. No idea why that continues to be absent in these games.

modiz

Wasn't the narrative that GT7 required always online because of FIA stuff? Well, guess there goes that narrative...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom