• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to nextgen in 2021

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-corsa-competizione-ps5-xsx-20210210/

Having recently passed an aggregate €100m in sales, the Assetto Corsa franchise is about to expand its offering once again. Assetto Corsa Competizione is set to land on “next-gen” console platforms later this year.

1-860x484.png

The game made the transition to consoles in 2020, with a port developed by D3T to PS4 and Xbox One platforms. While this kept hold of the game’s core strength — the physics engine — it proved taxing for the then-seven-year old machines, and even the newer PS4 Pro and Xbox One X had some difficulties. Launch reviews were mixed, but the two teams of D3T and Kunos Simulazioni have kept working at it and refining it over the past few months, within the limitations of the machinery.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X offer far more capability for the studios to create as close to a PC experience as possible on console. When we spoke to Marco Massarutto of Kunos last week, he suggested that a version of ACC for the new machines was in the works, but gave a time frame of one or two years to “see the true potential” of the consoles.

However it now seems that the game will arrive a good deal sooner than that, with an official press release stating that the game is “coming to next gen consoles later this year”.

Vasili2K38

Sweet! It will complement Gran Turismo 7 very well. Definitely will look into this.
Exactly what I thought after reading the OP. I bought it in PC but my machine is a bit old, I manage to get 1080p/60fps with some concessions. If it gets a decent PS5 port, I would buy it again.

nikos

Good to see more sim racers on console. I actually bought it on PC last night. First impression was good.

I never played the original due to what I’d heard about it but as an owner of a Series S and a huge fan of Gran Turismo, I’m hoping this might fill the void until I get a PS5. Hell yeah

Last edited:
Top Bottom