• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Official Next Gen Updates Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The BMW M4 GT3 2022 arrives for all players as free DLC as part of the latest update for Assetto Corsa Competizione on PC. Check out the trailer.

The BMW M4 GT3 2022 will be available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on February 24, 2022.

Deerock71

Jack White Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the new Assetto Corsa Competizione trailer, outlining what's on the horizon for its PS5 and Xbox Series X|S upgrade.

Players can upgrade their version of Assetto Corsa Competizione for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S for free on February 24, 2022. The Day One Edition will also be available for next gen consoles. The upgrade will increase the game's frame rate to a smooth 60FPS, and will let you transfer your old saves to your new console.

Other improvements include updated 2021 liveries and the option to create private multiplayer lobbies. Enjoy a progressive full day cycle and randomly generated weather as you race around Assetto Corsa Competizione's tracks.

I picked this up for Xbox on the Black Friday sale (~$13). It runs surprisingly well on Series X as it is and the future update is free.

SLB1904

Banned
This is all good and well. I want to see how the physics translates from pc version. Tempting as hell.

edit: bought it. i hope it stack up with pc version

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
This is all good and well. I want to see how the physics translates from pc version. Tempting as hell.

edit: bought it. i hope it stack up with pc version
Well I’ll be trying it fairly soon. There last game was pretty good on PS4

dano1

A Sheep
FYI this game is shit without a wheel. It is not tuned for controllers the way that forza and GT are
After I first tried it out the steering was horrible! PS5. After goofing around with the settings the culprit is steer assist in options/controls. It’s a totally different game now. Steering is quick and responsive
Make sure the setting gets saved you have to do a preset name and then load it. And go back in and recheck it saved.

Oh and use either the front end cam or view with the front of the hood. Just seems faster and handling seems better also

I still like GT more but nothing wrong with another racing game.

Last edited:
I love driving games , and bought a series X only for Forza , but when I tried this this is just attrocious to play on a controller , alot of people say u can tinker in the settings to make it much more controllable but a game out of the box should be like that
So anyone thinking about buying this thinking this is gt or Forza like game on a controller prepare to be disappointed

I love driving games , and bought a series X only for Forza , but when I tried this this is just attrocious to play on a controller , alot of people say u can tinker in the settings to make it much more controllable but a game out of the box should be like that
So anyone thinking about buying this thinking this is gt or Forza like game on a controller prepare to be disappointed
Your thoughts on this game basically mirror my own. Having been told the umpteenth time that ACC was the most sim like racing game available on console, I eventually gave it a shot.

What a shit show. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate wheel support as much as the next guy. But there's incredibly little there to definitively crown it as any more "sim" than either Forza or GT. Having a bevy of options to inaccurately adjust whatever cliche setting the devs could remember from old Speedvision reruns, and tracks that aren't as 1 to 1 as either Forza or GT doesn't feel all that immersive. But that's just me.

Ok, so maybe my thoughts aren't all that much like yours. Lol

Dunky

I recently bought it on the sale and absolutely loved it. Ended up spending £300 on the steering wheel. It's a lot more realistic and GT and Forza. It is a different type of game to GT and Forza which are more about car collecting were Acc is more about car racing.

Raven117

Your thoughts on this game basically mirror my own. Having been told the umpteenth time that ACC was the most sim like racing game available on console, I eventually gave it a shot.

What a shit show. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate wheel support as much as the next guy. But there's incredibly little there to definitively crown it as any more "sim" than either Forza or GT. Having a bevy of options to inaccurately adjust whatever cliche setting the devs could remember from old Speedvision reruns, and tracks that aren't as 1 to 1 as either Forza or GT doesn't feel all that immersive. But that's just me.

Ok, so maybe my thoughts aren't all that much like yours. Lol
Going off the last Assetto, this is…. Well…. Certainly an opinion.

The true driving sim , shouldn't mean can't be controlled with a controller out of the box , fucks sake if ur releasing it on console and don't have a wheel the Devs should already have it cater for controller

Klik

I wish it would utilize PSVR 2 😥 But seeing how it runs shit on VR on PC i don't have my hopes up. Kunos needs to step up their VR game

Last edited:

Hawk269

Feb. 24.

Also, had a chance to really get into it this weekend....It is absolutely excellent.
Thanks! I am looking forward to when the update comes out...at the moment I think it looks and runs kind of poorly on the Series X...not that the Series X is the issue, the game was just not optimized to take advantage of it until the patch comes out. I also have a wheel and looking forward to playing this once the update is out.

Raven117

Thanks! I am looking forward to when the update comes out...at the moment I think it looks and runs kind of poorly on the Series X...not that the Series X is the issue, the game was just not optimized to take advantage of it until the patch comes out. I also have a wheel and looking forward to playing this once the update is out.
Same (on Ps5)...just getting everything set up for the update to really get into it.

xPikYx

Looks are debatable but the sound on the other hand is an easy win for ACC.
It is but in my opinion Assetto Corsa is also a better simulator, one of the best, and graphic is top of the line, but I understand that GT has a better overall package

Unknown?

It is but in my opinion Assetto Corsa is also a better simulator, one of the best, and graphic is top of the line, but I understand that GT has a better overall package

Lol, what? This is surprisingly good looking compared to how poor it looked on PS4 but it doesn't look better than GT7 at all.

Raven117

It’s not really after the same thing as GT7. GT7 is more of a can enthusiast simulator.

ACC is a racing simulator.

That is not a slight against GT7 at all. I’m there day 1.

But yeah… if you are into racing and closer to real simulation, ACC is the best you are going to find in console. And with the free upgrade… just perfect. (Shame it’s getting released around the same time as GT7 but then again, maybe it will come up more and get more people into it).

Just don’t sleep on ACC! All I’m saying.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Noted some low res textures in the trailer
The rear view mirror is very low res in the PS5 5 minutes footage (updating at 30fps?)
Lighting looks flat.

Last edited:

Klik

I would love to see ACC on PSVR2 but honestly i don't think its gonna happen. ACC runs like shit on PCVR..

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Not a looker like GT7 (looks more like GTS in graphic graphics) but seems interesting.
Controller support is bad on PS4 let’s if they make something better this time.

The biggest issue with the game is the very small community… GTS is lively while this one you will have a hard time to find servers to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom