• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Official Next Gen Updates Trailer

Dunky

Gran Turismo is an official sport in the Olympics. You can't get more hardcore than that.

But it's not known as a realistic racing game. I'm talking about a simulator ACC has got a massive following on the PC because of how realistic it is.

Gran Turismo is classed in the same area as Forza simcarde. Great game that has to be aimed at the mainstream gamer

The Fartist

Gold Member
Gran Turismo is an official sport in the Olympics. You can't get more hardcore than that.

I've been playing GT for 24 years, no one loves it more than I do, but it's not hardcore. It being in the Olympics has more to do with its name recognition and Sony's money. I'm glad it's in the Olympics, don't get me wrong but there are other more realistic, hardcore sims out there, which I'm personally not into. GT is king.

Dunky

Ok now you'll have to admit that you've never played GT Sport online.
Yes I have but please understand it's a different type of game ACC

Gran Turismo and Forza are brilliant game in their own right. ACC, rfactor iracing are aimed at much more hardcore market they're not going to get the mainstream sales.

ethomaz

Banned
The difference I see between GTS and Asseto Corsa are things more related to how the dev focus in the presentation for the players.

For example.

GTS feels faster than real life while AC feels the sense of speed is more accurate, slower than GTS… let’s be clear here the speed simulation is the same (you will have similar times in similar conditions) so I’m talking about the sense the player has on speed.

Rally is too more tuned to be more fun in GTS so it doesn’t feel realistic while Asseto Forza do the presentation more realistic… but again on both you will have similar times to the real life so it is not the physics simulation but the presentation feel.

The controller are different… but that is a more running thing… on Wheel you can tune both to be equal but on controller you won’t reach that point with Asseto Forza… GTS put more work on controller support.

Talking about physic simulation only it should be good to have a comparison but GTS looks to be far ahead AC when I played it (I read there are a lot of updates improving physics in AC so who knows)… the biggest limitation in GTS physics are tire and suspension.

Last edited:

Dunky

The difference I see between GTS and Asseto Corsa are things more related to how the dev focus in the presentation for the players.

For example.

GTS feels faster than real life while AC feels the sense of speed is more accurate, slower than GTS… let’s be clear here the speed simulation is the same (you will have similar times in similar conditions) so I’m talking about the sense the player has on speed.

Rally is too more tuned to be more fun in GTS so it doesn’t feel realistic while Asseto Forza do the presentation more realistic… but again on both you will have similar times to the real life so it is not the physics simulation but the presentation feel.

The controller are different… but that is a more running thing… on Wheel you can tune both to be equal but on controller you won’t reach that point with Asseto Forza… GTS put more work on controller support.

Talking about physic simulation only it should be good to have a comparison but GTS looks to be ahead AC when I played it (I read there are a lot of updates improving physics in AC so who knows)… the biggest limitation in GTS physics are tire and suspension.
You're not getting mixed up with a different game are you?

We are on about Assetto Corsa competizione

Which is trying to simulate the GT3 cars as realistically as possible and only had GT3 cars and GT4 car for DLC

ethomaz

Banned
You're not getting mixed up with a different game are you?

We are on about Assetto Corsa competizione

Which is trying to simulate the GT3 cars as realistically as possible and only had GT3 cars and GT4 car for DLC
No.

The physics are the same… the presentation focus is difference… that is dev explained.

BTW ACC is already on consoles.

Last edited:

Dunky

No.

The physics are the same… the presentation focus is difference… that is dev explained.

BTW ACC is already on consoles.
Totally disagree with that the physics are completely different. ACC is extremely focused on GT3 Cars Only and tracks

ACC is out for the PS4, xbox one. But it didn't have the power to be anywhere as good as the PC version. This is why we are getting the next gen update to hopefully be as good as the PC.

Catphish

Oh great to know that. Then i'm hoping for PSVR2 support. Racing is VR is a gamechanger..
Couldn't agree more. I love it. But I really can't wait for 8k resolution and a more true-to-life FOV. Once we get something that really engages our peripheral vision, I'll be a happy, happy man.

hlm666

That is a weird way to view it when GTS is the most competitive SIM racer in the market surpassing even iRacing.
How do you work this out? it might have a bigger player base in a casual area but from an esport competitive stance iRacing and rFactor are where the money is at and like all sports the best go where they win (or are paid) the most.

GT/S does what it does well, creating a sim not at either end of the spectrum, just enough to make it fun then build a game and progression around it but most of the racing leagues that did an esport thing during covid used iracing. Alot of GT players don't even like the cockpit view for instance, actually that would be an interesting poll to put in a gt thread to see the breakdown around here on that.

LostDonkey

Can't wait for this. My biggest gripe and the reason I stopped playing on PS4 was because the visuals were so blurry. It was hard to see trackside signs and speed limits etc.

ACC is already fantastic on series X as is, I’m really looking forward to the full update. As for GT7, graphics look better for sure, but we’ll see if they’ve made strides in the physics/simulation department. At the moment, ACC is by far the best simulation on consoles and it’s not even close.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well, fuck me. I just bought this based on the hype in this thread even though I am already backlogged on racing games since getting my wheel & pedals. Still playing Forza Horizon 5 on Gamepass. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Jxl80Ye.png

It's on sale over at HB ($13.59 USD):

Last edited:

Catphish

doubt it. shit runs like shit in normal mode. let alone vr.
😀

Doubt what you like.

i9 10900
3080 RTX
32GB RAM
HP Reverb G2 at 60 Hz

It runs at the same settings as I have it at when I’m running it on my 4K TV, which is more or less full out. Maybe one or two things down a notch. And it runs perfectly.

I have nothing to gain by bullshitting anyone. Doubt me? That’s your problem.

Raven117

Gold Member
This looks like a joke after that GT7 State of Play but the budgets are incomparable.
Tell me you haven’t played ACC without having played ACC.

I love GT as well, but it is not close to the physics going on in ACC. ACC is a much more accurate racer. This is fact. Not opinion.

GT is awesome in many other ways. Certainly a more “fun” overall package.

But for pure driving experience ACC.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That's actually my biggest complaint with GT
the sense of speed is never there until you reach the more exotic cars and hitting really high speeds.
Doing 100mph in any car in GT feels like I'm driving to the shops at 30mph
Those Yaris races was torture, you're flat lining it and it feels you're going 10mph.

ethomaz

Banned
That's actually my biggest complaint with GT
the sense of speed is never there until you reach the more exotic cars and hitting really high speeds.
Doing 100mph in any car in GT feels like I'm driving to the shops at 30mph
Those Yaris races was torture, you're flat lining it and it feels you're going 10mph.
Because sense of speeds in racing cars are even “slow”… you only start to feel like you are faster in very high speeds.

That is a difference between a race car and a let say a consumer/popular car… the stability of the race car is way higher.

ACC sense of speed while not fully accurate is better than GTS so you feel it is slower… GTS feels a bit faster than ACC and real life.

Play Nurburgring in both and you will understand it… in open tracks it a bit hard to perceive that… you can add PC2 in the mix for consoles… the sense of speed is slower than GTS too.

Edit - I forget you need to play in cockpit view to compare with real life sense of speed… the others cameras have a sense of speed different and you indeed feels slower than real life cockpit that is more accurate… go on the back of a truck in real life… the sense of speed is slower than in the cockpit because you have a more open vision.

Edit 2 - Thinking a bit about… maybe people that feels GTS is slower are using others cameras and comparing with real life cockpit 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO

GHG

Gold Member
Well, fuck me. I just bought this based on the hype in this thread even though I am already backlogged on racing games since getting my wheel & pedals. Still playing Forza Horizon 5 on Gamepass. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Jxl80Ye.png

It's on sale over at HB ($13.59 USD):

I don't see automobilista 2 or rfactor 2.

someone vision GIF

Inviusx

Friendly reminder that this is a free upgrade for owners of the PS4/XBone version of the game.

So if you're interested then just buy the last gen version for cheap and get the upgrade for free.

SLB1904

Banned
runs fine in vr, it was rough years ago but it's been improved over time.

yeah. running like shit was a bit hyperbole, but because the other user said he runs the game max out smooth as butter lol that triggered me. the thing is automobilista 2 looks so much better, has more content, and is also less demanding. but the problem is acc is just better sim, i mean gt3 sim

hlm666

yeah. running like shit was a bit hyperbole, but because the other user said he runs the game max out smooth as butter lol that triggered me. the thing is automobilista 2 looks so much better, has more content, and is also less demanding. but the problem is acc is just better sim, i mean gt3 sim
am2 has a wicked sense of speed in vr in open wheelers that's for sure, like you said acc is top tier for gt3 but when I want to drive something else I have to look elsewhere.

SLB1904

Banned
am2 has a wicked sense of speed in vr in open wheelers that's for sure, like you said acc is top tier for gt3 but when I want to drive something else I have to look elsewhere.
yep. thats why iracing is very popular, even tho doesn't come close to acc

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
If you can't hear the compression you need your ears checked or use headphones the audio is bad in every video I've seen and it's something they need to improve on seriously.
I assure you that in-game the audio is not compressed like on a youtube video...

Logsi

Me too just got my direct drive gt-pro wheel yesterday. Which is awesome
Nice, downloading now.

I really can’t justify the Fanatec DD Pro as much as I want it. Currently use a G29 with a Cronus Drivehub for when on Xbox in a Playseat Challenge chair as it can be folded away.

I don’t use it as much as I should…

Top Bottom