• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astral Chain Review Thread

Ulysses 31

Shame really, it looked quite good.
source.gif

Oh I see, it's sub 90 MC, cancelling my Collector's Edition pre-order.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reviews look great. I've had this game on my radar for a while now. Going to try and finish up Oninaki this weekend so I can dive right in.

DESTROYA

My pre-order for Amazon better be shipped quick dammit!
Reviews look great so far Platinum never disappoints , for this game I will drop all others and be my first priority.

iconmaster

Banned
It's tragic what's happening to that endangered species, the Sharp-Eyed Western Proofreader.

There's nothing quite like it, in either the studio's back catalogue or elsewhere, though you can draw a clear line between Astral Chain and Nier: Automata, another variety box that was shares the same director, Takahisa Taura.

In the more open-ended investigation scenes there are countless distractions, from people who need their dogs rescuing

(Eurogamer review)

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
It's nice to see Switch games do good, even though I have close to zero interest in this title.

Shifty

Aw shit, Platinum are on point once again!

Looking forward to my copy arriving on the weekend. Guess I should get to knocking out some of my backlog in the meantime...

Fbh

Nice, good to hear its up to their usual standard.
I generally buy Switch games used but I'll make an exception for this one to support Platinum

Vawn

Banned
My pre-order for Amazon better be shipped quick dammit!
Reviews look great so far Platinum never disappoints , for this game I will drop all others and be my first priority.

Like hell they don't. When they disappoint, they dont do it half-ass either.

Pumpkin Nutz

Neo Member
Really excited for this I pre-ordered months ago because I liked the art style & I usually enjoy Platinum Games.I have kinda avoided anything of this game because I know there’s alot of footage out there and I wanted to go in fresh.I’m glad its reviewing well.I still haven’t finished Fire Emblem yet.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
What were the games you thought they didn’t deliver? Honest question not trying to be a ass about it.

How about this gem?

Otterz4Life

I’ve been watching this title closely. The reviews just cement my purchase. Looks like I’ll be picking up Astral Chain with my copy of Fear Inoculum.

88 is a great score and I missed the mark entirely.

Different hours for different dedicated gamers I would say! 12 Hours isn't so bad but sounds like it is for someone who is used to these games and moves on. Like Bayonetta 2's campaign length wise.

Top Bottom