• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro's Playroom receives new DLC trophies

nial

Gold Member
These are definitely for Astro Bot 2024, Sony messed up stuff.
VY5X5oV.png
RNZri2S.png
NTbaVoT.png
2slRz7j.png
kpZkKIU.png

So, Lady Maria, Pipo Monkey, Selene and a GT driver are special bots to rescue. A bit random for sure.

nial

Gold Member
No, read the descriptions. They're in Playroom levels.
Oh, didn't realize that. But, I believe those levels are also in Astro Bot, especially when all the four characters appear in the new game, and I don't know why they would update Astro's Playroom by this point.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh, didn't realize that. But, I believe those levels are also in Astro Bot, especially when all the four characters appear in the new game, and I don't know why they would update Astro's Playroom by this point.
Those characters are also in Playroom.

Think of Playroom as a massive tech demo for Astro Bot itself. Which also turned out to be a charming and fun little game.

And as mentioned, a great way for them to advertise and get the juices going for Astro Bot since the pre-order just went live as.

Last edited:

Quantum253

Was going to play Playroom again just for fun, but this is a nice added bonus. I like that it's leading up to the next game

This is a great way to get actual engagement. Looking forward to hunting the Hunters in GPU Jungle. Just excited to revisit Astro Bot, first PS5 game I played and probably the best one so far.

skit_data

Lady Maria
That's oddly specific IMO.

With the rumors about Bluepoint "going to Yarnham" and saying they're developing "original content" I hereby predict they are indeed making a Bloodborne prequel with Lady Maria as a central character. It's of course possible they are also remaking the whole game while also adding more content.

Edit: Looking at the picture again made me less certain it's actually supposed to be her. It's missing a lot of the red details that are specific to Lady Marias outfit.
Edit 2: and it's missing the feather on her hat.
Edit 3: The bot itself has the feather, it's definitely her

Ok, The Old Hunters release date being the solution for the Lady Maria bot settles it, it's definitely her. I'm now even more convinced Bluepoint is indeed working on a Bloodborne remake either with added content related to Lady Maria or as a standalone game. It just makes sense that that would be their next assignment with Demon's Souls under the belt and that "we're making original content" always sounded like a wierd way to out it unless it somehow was related to an existing IP.

Last edited:

Quantum253

I looked on the PS App and didn't see extra content so does this update the game version with the addtiional trophies?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So I had a look at the name of the trophies.

Since iv grabbed the first one which was kind of... arbitrary (why do I need to hide in a bush to activate the puzzle?) The remaining ones appear to be based on

GPU Jungle - Hunted down - Lady Maria Bloodborne (confirmed and got)
Memory Meadow - No escape! - Ape Escape related?
SSD Speedway - Deja phew! - Returnal related?
Cooling Springs - Grand tourist - obviously ridge racer related, no other driving games on PlayStation.

I'm wondering if there in some sort of clock,like a new one unlocks every 30 days or something, but it says 0.1% have the trophies so, iv hung around related bots in other areas and nothing seems to activate.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
So I had a look at the name of the trophies.

Since iv grabbed the first one which was kind of... arbitrary (why do I need to hide in a bush to activate the puzzle?) The remaining ones appear to be based on

GPU Jungle - Hunted down - Lady Maria Bloodborne (confirmed and got)
Memory Meadow - No escape! - Ape Escape related?
SSD Speedway - Deja phew! - Returnal related?
Cooling Springs - Grand tourist - obviously ridge racer related, no other driving games on PlayStation.
Just look at the pictures here.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Just look at the pictures here.

Ah yeah lol that makes it pretty obvious who your looking for.

Given that the game alerts you about only one of the bots and the door countdown in the new area I suspect that you can't find the others until closer to release.

Wonder if there's any reward for finishing the new quest in the new title.

skit_data

Don't know if everyone figured it out yet and I'm just a bit slow/late but looking at the name of the trophies it seems logical that the "which bot in which level"-relationship would be

-Lady Maria from Bloodborbe - GPU Jungle (confirmed)
-Gran Turismo driver - Cooling Springs
-Selene from Returnal - SSD Speedway
-Ape Escape monkey - Memory Meadow

That might make it a bit easier to know what to keep an eye out for in the level, references to the games etc.

I still don't understand whether the rest of the special bots are actually live now or if they are arriving later? It only specified Lady Marias location when booting the game?

Edit: Alright, I'm giving up my search for the other bots. Played through SSD Speedway and Cooling Springs and couldn't find anything. My best bet is Selene being found close to the Resogun spaceship. Considering Lady Maria only showed up after you hid in the bush behind the hunter all bets are off in terms in terms of vagueness xD

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I think only Lady Maria is available right now.

If you punch the phone looking artefact thing in the secret labo it shows a list of all artefacts in the game, and there’s a second page with 8 or so question mark artefacts yet to be discovered.

Maybe this will all be drip-fed up til launch.
PS5 Pro is probably going to be one of these.

Could even be 8 new hardware yet to be announced.

Last edited:

skit_data

If you punch the phone looking artefact thing in the secret labo it shows a list of all artefacts in the game, and there’s a second page with 8 or so question mark artefacts yet to be discovered
Those new ones are the PSVR2 parts, new PS5 Model, PS Portal and Dualsense Edge. You get them by using the vending machine and then they show up in the secret lab. Unless ypu mean something else that I missed completely?

Edit: It's wierd that they didn't have the Pulse Elite headphones and Explore though

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Those new ones are the PSVR2 parts, new PS5 Model, PS Portal and Dualsense Edge. You get them by using the vending machine and then they show up in the secret lab. Unless ypu mean something else that I missed completely?
Something else you missed completely, I’ll try grab a screenshot later.

I rescued the first new bot (Bloodborne, in GPU Jungle) but I have no idea where the other 3 are. Some people on Reddit are saying the other 3 might not be released yet but maybe nobody has looked hard enough.

All the new collectibles are in the gacha already so just spend all the extra coins you have no use for and you'll get them right away.

If you're still trying to rescue the Bloodborne bot, it's instructive to realize they use the standard international date-month-year order in Japan...
24-11-2015 is therefore the release date of The Old Hunters there...

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

I kind of wish they just expanded the middle labo area with the new stuff rather than put it all in it's own area. Then they could have made it once all the new gatcha balls are collected then that vault morphs into the new waiting area with the count down.

Also they missed out the Pulse Elites and Pulse Exsplore... although since they didn't include the PlayStation 4's Gold and Platinum headset in the original either I guess they just inserted the original pulse due to how few accessories the PS5 had at the time, would have been nice though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom