• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asus x Evangelion

Celcius

°Temp. member
Remember when Asus did the Gundam collaboration? Well next they're doing a collab with Evangelion: https://rog.asus.com/microsite/ROGxEVANGELION/

kv-pd.png

That's right... videocards (3080 and 3090), a z690 motherboard, wireless router, keyboard, mouse, monitor, power supply, case, headset, AIO cpu cooler with screen, desk mat, external ssd enclosure, and t-shirts.
In the video below you can see an unboxing of many of the parts and what it looks like with everything assembled:

I think it's really cool to see Asus doing these anime collaborations. Last time I bought the gundam router and this time around I want the keyboard.

Last edited:

Akt

Banned
I think Evangelion made a a lot of collaborations so far.

Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually announced another anime, even though even those Rebuild movies are now concluded.

Kuranghi

I love Evangelion but luckily I'm able to resist silly things like this, I do kind of wish I had some Evangelion trainers though. I'd be able to run so fast in those things, me going to work, those panels are chibs being wielded by the local ruffians, you won't catch me ya bams!:

Amazon Prime Video Eva GIF by Prime Video BR

It's missing something very important.
i3WTeKb.jpg

Oppai!

Sam Heughan Dancing GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

Let's be clear, while that gif IS quite funny, I'm from Scotland and that certainly is not proper kilt behaviour. They look like a couple of fannies.

Chukhopops

No pink Makinami Mari edition = no buy

Actually looks ok but literally every other Eva color scheme would work better (red, white).

Graciaus

Can't state how bad the new story is. I have watched 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 and my god, 3.0 was utter shit. Makes absolutely no fucking sense.
3.0+1.0 is rated highly but I thought it was the worst of the 4 since it just follows up 3.0's mess. You might like it try it some time.

UnNamed

Banned
3.0 was interesting imho, it was something new at least. Very cryptic, more misterious than the serie or even the old movies. It was the typical Eva product where you can understand something and other things are just "fill the gaps".

Eva 3+1 was good in the first part when it's not Evangelion. When the movie start to be Evangelion in the second part, it's just gibberish and plot twists with no actual sense.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That's weird considering that means the first episode came out when you were 17. Guess it turned ancient in two years?
I thought it was older than that. I got a box set when I was a teen along with macross which is definitely much older.

Last edited:

Labolas

denzel washington cringe GIF
Yeah, no, I ain't interested especially with that fucking thumbnail on the video.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I thought these came out a few weeks ago?

Looks neat, but you'd need to do the full build. The individual components don't really go with anything else.

I only watched the Eva anime. Downloaded the movies, but people said they were bad so I didn't bother watching them. Worth it?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I thought these came out a few weeks ago?

Looks neat, but you'd need to do the full build. The individual components don't really go with anything else.

I only watched the Eva anime. Downloaded the movies, but people said they were bad so I didn't bother watching them. Worth it?
I enjoyed them and thought they really improved Evangelion. For reference I really disliked the last 2 episodes of the original series and the End of Evangelion movie.

TheMan

Looks kinda cool I guess? The keyboard has an interesting design, for example, but IRL is probably going to be gaudy and weeaboo as fuck.

The monitor though looks a tad more subtle and since I'm kind of in the market for one, that's could be a sorta maybe buy.

Kuranghi

Guys, you better not spoil 4.0 for me. I did not get to see it yet.

Same mate but nevermind 4.0, I've been "planning to watch 3.0 this weekend" for over 9 years now :LOL: I want the time to be perfect and I figure its not going anywhere, I loved 1.0 and 2.0 but heard 3.0 is quite different so I'm not in a hurry.

Doom85

Same mate but nevermind 4.0, I've been "planning to watch 3.0 this weekend" for over 9 years now :LOL: I want the time to be perfect and I figure its not going anywhere, I loved 1.0 and 2.0 but heard 3.0 is quite different so I'm not in a hurry.

Basically me as well.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Its crazy that Anime based PC parts exist (something I've wanted for years) and I can't buy them because they look like complete shit

The Gundam stuff was horrid other than the Zaku II router and case

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Its crazy that Anime based PC parts exist (something I've wanted for years) and I can't buy them because they look like complete shit

The Gundam stuff was horrid other than the Zaku II router and case

Meanwhile I love them and can’t afford them because I can’t drop thousands of dollars at a dime.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Remember when Asus did the Gundam collaboration? Well next they're doing a collab with Evangelion: https://rog.asus.com/microsite/ROGxEVANGELION/

kv-pd.png

That's right... videocards (3080 and 3090), a z690 motherboard, wireless router, keyboard, mouse, monitor, power supply, case, headset, AIO cpu cooler with screen, desk mat, external ssd enclosure, and t-shirts.
In the video below you can see an unboxing of many of the parts and what it looks like with everything assembled:

I think it's really cool to see Asus doing these anime collaborations. Last time I bought the gundam router and this time around I want the keyboard.

You think he paid for that stuff himself?

Top Bottom