• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari Anniversary Collection Full List Of Games Possibly Revealed In Retailer Leak

bitbydeath

I hope this list isn’t true. :messenger_neutral:

Atari Arcade
1. Akka Arrh
2. Asteroids
3. Asteroids Deluxe
4. Black Widow
5. Breakout
6. Centipede
7. Cloak & Dagger
8. Crystal Castles
9. Fire Truck
10. Food Fight
11. Gravitar
12. I, Robot
13. Liberator
14. Lunar Lande
15. Major Havoc
16. Maze Invaders
17. Millipede
18. Missile Command
19. Pong
20. Quantum
21. Space Duel
22. Sprint 8
23. Super Breakout
24. Tempest
25. Warlords

Atari Reimagined
1. Haunted Houses
2. Neo Breakout
3. Quadratank
4. Swordquest: AirWorld
5. VCTR-SCTR
6. Yars’ Revenge Enhanced

Atari 800
1. Bounty Bob Strikes Back!
2. Caverns of Mars
3. Food Fight
4. Miner 2049er

Atari 2600
1. 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe
2. Adventure
3. Air-Sea Battle
4. Asteroids
5. Basic Math
6. Breakout
7. Canyon Bomber
8. Centipede
9. Combat
10. Combat Two
11. Crystal Castles
12. Dark Chambers
13. Demons to Diamonds
14. Dodge ‘Em
15. Fatal Run
16. Gravitar
17. Haunted House
18. Millipede
19. Miner 2049er
20. Missile Command
21. Outlaw
22. Quadrun
23. Race 500
24. RealSports Baseball
25. RealSports Basketball
26. RealSports Boxing
27. RealSports Football
28. RealSports Soccer
29. RealSports Tennis
30. RealSports Volleyball
31. Saboteur
32. Secret Quest
33. Solaris
34. Super Breakout
35. Surround
36. Swordquest: EarthWorld
37. Swordquest: FireWorld
38. Swordquest: WaterWorld
39. Warlords
40. Yars’ Revenge

Atari 5200
1. Bounty Bob Strikes Back!
2. Millipede
3. Missile Command
4. Star Raiders (+ Enhanced Version)
5. Super Breakout

Atari 7800
1. Asteroids
2. Basketbrawl
3. Centipede
4. Dark Chambers
5. Fatal Run
6. Ninja Golf
7. Scrapyard Dog

Atari Handheld
1. Touch Me

Atari Jaguar
1. Atari Karts
2. Club Drive
3. Cybermorph
4. Evolution Dino Dudes
5. Fight For Life
6. Missile Command 3D
7. Ruiner Pinball
8. Tempest 2000
9. Trevor McFur In The Crescent Galaxy

Atari Lynx
1. Basketbrawl
2. Malibu Bikini Volleyball
3. Scrapyard Dog
4. Super Asteroids & Missile Command
5. Turbo Sub
6. Warbirds

Deerock71

Atari Handheld
1. Touch Me
laugh lol GIF by Team Coco

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’d play Food Fight arcade and Miner 2049er, and look at the Jaguar games for shits and giggles.

That’s pretty much all I’d care about.

I was hoping Chips Challenge & Aliens vs Predator would be there. Chips Challenge is part of the Evercade Lynx collection.

No Battlemorph either, a big improvement on Cybermorph.

Neff

No Xybots, no Blasteroids, no Roadblasters, no APB, no S.T.U.N. Runner, no Toobin', no GAUNTLET... if this is legit I'm sticking with the old compilations.

I just wanted the Power Pack :messenger_loudly_crying:

images

Besides Gauntlet I'm pretty sure not a single one of those is by Atari

Agent X

I was hoping Chips Challenge & Aliens vs Predator would be there. Chips Challenge is part of the Evercade Lynx collection.

There are too many licensing obstacles standing in the way off Alien vs. Predator. Chip's Challenge would have been nice, but that game probably belongs to either Chuck Somerville or whoever owns Epyx.

On that note, they should've tried to get the Epyx Lynx games for this package. Those would be most of the games that appeared on Atari Lynx Collection 2 for Evercade.

No Battlemorph either, a big improvement on Cybermorph.

Yeah, that's too bad. Battlemorph would have been great to have here, especially since it's a Jaguar CD game that relatively few have played. I know Songbord recently re-released it for Jaguar CD. I'm unsure if that's an obstacle, but for what it's worth, one of the Lynx games on that list (Malibu Bikini Volleyball) is owned by Songbird, so they must've had some negotiations.

No Xybots, no Blasteroids, no Roadblasters, no APB, no S.T.U.N. Runner, no Toobin', no GAUNTLET... if this is legit I'm sticking with the old compilations.

All of those games were created by Atari Games, which was the former arcade division of Atari that split off into a separate company in 1984 after the Tramiel family bought the computer and home video game divisions only. Atari Games was acquired by Midway around 1996. Warner Bros. owns the rights to the Atari Games properties now.

Atari Corp. (the "home" side of Atari that the Tramiels bought) licensed many of the games you named to produce Lynx versions, but they don't own the rights to those games. Atari SA (the current descendant of Atari Corp., which is producing this product) would have to license those games from Warner all over again.

Agent X

Isn’t this a celebration of systems games and not Atari games? Other ones such as the Sega Genisis mini aren’t just limited to Sega games.

It's supposed to be a celebration of Atari in general...their systems and their games. However, we have to temper our expectations with regard to what games could appear on such a compilation. Atari SA (the present company) is a small company, that doesn't have anywhere near the resources of Atari Inc. of the late 1970s to mid 1980s, or even Atari Corp. of the mid 1980s to early 1990s.

Sega might not be the powerhouse that they once were, either, but they're still many times bigger and more influential than Atari SA. That's why Sega was able to negotiate with companies like Capcom, Konami, and Taito to get a few of their games on the Genesis Mini.

It would be cool to have the Atari 2600 version of Space Invaders (licensed from Taito), a staggeringly popular game that catapulted the system's popularity. Or to have the Atari 7800 version of Commando, a surprisingly impressive port of Capcom's arcade game by Sculptured Software that is widely regarded as the best home version of that era. Or to have the great Atari 5200 version of Pengo (licensed from Sega). All of those licenses cost money, and it might be a big strain on Atari SA's limited resources.

I'm even somewhat puzzled by the omission of some games that Atari SA does own. For instance, why didn't they include the Atari 7800 version of Food Fight? That version of the game was developed by GCC, who also developed the arcade version of Food Fight, and the Atari 7800 system itself. The Atari 8-bit computer version (a.k.a. the Atari XE Game System) version is apparently on there, which was done years later by a different team (not GCC) and isn't nearly as good. At least the arcade version is present, which I'm very happy about, but the 7800 version was a significant release for that system, and it's a shame to not have it here.

Ozzie666

I know it wasn't made by Atari, but AFIAK Mat Mania Challenge/Exiting Houe on the 7800 is the only home port on any console. Atari did publish the game though.

Top Bottom