• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari announces modernized Food Fight remake

Agent X

i4vB7wu.png

Food Fight, first released in 1983 as an arcade machine and later released for the Atari 7800, is getting a modern remake. This new version of Food Fight is being developed by Mega Cat Studios, and will be released early next year, with single-player, cooperative, and online multiplayer modes.

The reimagined new game offers a plethora of potential gameplay scenarios, further supported by procedurally generated environments to ensure the food fighting fun never goes stale. Players can collect and choose from over 30 individual weapons, items, and special pick-ups, each with their own kitchen characteristics, such as “slippery” or “sticky.”

Food Fight will be a timed exclusive on the Atari VCS PC/console hybrid gaming system, and will come later to PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch. According to Atari, the VCS version of the game will contain content exclusive to that platform, but did not offer details on what exactly that exclusive content will be.

This is said to be the first example of Atari's recently-announced refocus on premium PC and console games. More details will be released within the coming months.

More information can be found at the following links:

I enjoyed the original arcade game, as well as the 7800 adaptation, which is one of my most played games for that system. Let's hope that this new Food Fight can live up to the tradition of fast-action fun set by the previous games.

Havoc2049

Might be fun, but Atari has announced games over the last 5 years or so and not much comes of them. What ever happened to that Asteroids game they were working on?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
almost feels wrong to call this company Atari

this is the kind of shit theyre doing now lmaoo

BigBooper

Will this be the big VCS system seller?

Just joking around. They do have one other game I thought looked pretty cool.

Top Bottom