• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ryza 3 - Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key |OT| Thighs Thicker Than A Gold Puni

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I am playing. If it takes over 60 hours it may take me a month to beat it. I am getting better with the combat, but I still prefer turn based. I am focused on the bottom right of my screen the entire time monitoring when my turn is and health. I am completely missing the action. Turn based I can better see what is going on. The combat is sort of a worst case mix of action and turn based. If someone dies I can't switch them out quick enough to save myself. Usually if one person falls the battle is over.
I was like that at the beginning of the the 2nd game but I got used to the he pace of the combat, now I quick can switch up my character who are on low health with my back up characters and you can use items to heal those who are not in active battle.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m so dumb, I forgot to download the free costumes in the first two weeks… now they’re gone. God damnit.
Honestly me too.....
god-damn-it-ryan-reynolds.gif

JayK47

Finished the story. Overall I was disappointed in the game. The combat never was enjoyable. I did enjoy the synthesizing, but it remains shallow compared to previous titles. I feel like they threw too many ideas at the game, too many areas to explore and too many teammates. It was really a combination of the first two games with few new characters. I will be paying attention to future titles and if they stick with the combat of this game, I think I will simply skip them and replay the older ones. I am glad to see some remakes of older titles. I hope they do more.

I've finally managed in getting all 3 titles in the Ryza trilogy. Hope to start Ryza's journey soon, but I have a feeling that "soon" probably means I'll be getting to it around March or even April.

20231228_182940.jpg

Last edited:

Merkades

I literally just finished this game last night, I spent a lot of my free time since the 22nd to do so, took longer than I thought, though I play games slowly it seems. Anyways, I hope they finally move on from Ryza and co, 3 games is more than enough (still OK-ish games all in all). I did have some time already played, since I play a lot of different games at once and stick with what I like more, most of the time.

So with that being done, my choice for what to play now was Trails of Cold Steel IV (the winner) and SAO Fatal Bullet, both of which have a few hours played so far, and both of which have 2 more games already out or soon will be. Hopefully I can finish both of those (plus TEVI) before Granblue Fantasy Relink comes out. Probably not though.

Top Bottom